Long hurts shoulder - needs to be shut down

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/bears/ ... -jacked-up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just shut the guy down. He’s already a shell of the player he was a couple years ago do to injuries. Shut him down, get him completely healthy.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

nobody's explicitly said it was his left (previously hurt) shoulder that he aggravated today, but it's gotta be. would sort of be extra funny if both his shoulders were fucked now though.

kyle will refuse to go on IR and plays his last couple of games of the season from a wheelchair.
Richie
MVP

Seriously... what is the guy fighting for at this point? Is there contract incentives he's trying to meet?

The dude seemingly needs like two different surgeries. So, just get them now, rest up and see you next July dude.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Richie wrote:Seriously... what is the guy fighting for at this point? Is there contract incentives he's trying to meet?

The dude seemingly needs like two different surgeries. So, just get them now, rest up and see you next July dude.
What is the guy fighting For?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
MoFugger
Head Coach

I played when I was a kid and I played for a team you play to win and you play for the guy standing next to you there is also exactly what the Marine Corps told me

MoFugger
Head Coach

MoFugger wrote:I played when I was a kid and I played for a team you play to win and you play for the guy standing next to you there is also exactly what the Marine Corps told me

I could edit this.... I do believe I have to leave it just the way it is.

docc
Head Coach

They shoot horses for less injuries..

Rest long and work for 2018..
Adipost
MVP

[video][/video]
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

You can't effectively develop a young QB with the OL play we're getting. And Long knows it. He's been on nothing but losing Bear teams and knows that until we develop Biscuit, that trend will continue. And it's maddening for him. That's my guess.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
YOGABBA
Rookie

Ryan Pace: I think you're gonna find, when all this shit is over, I think you're gonna find yourself one smiling motherfucker. The thing is, Kyle, right now you got ability. But painful as it may be, ability don't last. And your days are just about over. Now that's a hard motherfuckin' fact of life, but that's a fact of life your ass is gonna have to get realistic about. See, this business is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherfuckers. Motherfuckers who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't. Besides, Kyel, how many snaps do you think you got in you anyhow? Two? Guards don't have an Old Timers Place. You came close but you never made it. And if you were gonna make it, you would have made it before now. (holds out the envelope of the orthopedic surgeon to Kyle, but just out of his reach) You're mine, dig?
Kyle: It certainly appears so. (takes the envelope)
Pace: Night of the surgery, you might feel a slight sting. That's pride fuckin' with you. Fuck pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that shit. 'Cause two months from now, when you kicking it in the Caribbean, you gonna say to yourself, "Ryan Pace was right."
Kyle: I got no problem with that, Mr. Pace.
Pace: In Week 13, your ass goes down. (Kyle nods silently) Say it.
Kyle: In the Week 13, my ass goes down.
UOK
Site Admin

YOGABBA wrote:Ryan Pace: I think you're gonna find, when all this shit is over, I think you're gonna find yourself one smiling motherfucker. The thing is, Kyle, right now you got ability. But painful as it may be, ability don't last. And your days are just about over. Now that's a hard motherfuckin' fact of life, but that's a fact of life your ass is gonna have to get realistic about. See, this business is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherfuckers. Motherfuckers who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't. Besides, Kyle, how many snaps do you think you got in you anyhow? Two? Guards don't have an Old Timers Place. You came close but you never made it. And if you were gonna make it, you would have made it before now. (holds out the envelope of the orthopedic surgeon to Kyle, but just out of his reach) You're mine, dig?
Kyle: It certainly appears so. (takes the envelope)
Pace: Night of the surgery, you might feel a slight sting. That's pride fuckin' with you. Fuck pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that shit. 'Cause two months from now, when you kicking it in the Caribbean, you gonna say to yourself, "Ryan Pace was right."
Kyle: I got no problem with that, Mr. Pace.
Pace: In Week 13, your ass goes down. (Kyle nods silently) Say it.
Kyle: In the Week 13, my ass goes down.
LOGGAINS:
Still got your coaching job?

FOX:
Aw, man. You know what some fucker did the other day?

LOGGAINS:
What?

FOX:
Fucking fired me.

LOGGAINS:
Oh, man, that's fucked up.

FOX:
Tell me about it. I had that job for three years, I was on a terrible losing streak and some dickless piece of shit fired me.

LOGGAINS:
They should be fucking killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

FOX:
Boy, I wish I could've caught Pace doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

LOGGAINS:
What a fucker!

FOX:
What's more chickenshit than firing a team's head coach? I mean, don't fuck with another team's coach.

LOGGAINS:
You don't do it.

FOX:
It's just against the rules.
YOGABBA
Rookie

Loggains, "Aww man, I shot Dave Ragone in the face."
Bad Flanders
MVP

*slow clap turning to thunderous applause* well done, everyone

if we need an Uma Thurman to overdose for this scenario, I think there is an ex Dolphins line coach looking for a gig!
YOGABBA
Rookie

I actually screwed up. Fox should have been the one that shot Dave Raggone in the face.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

bears are promoting a guard off the practice squad tonight. Cameron Lee.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:bears are promoting a guard off the practice squad tonight. Cameron Lee.
Prediction or news report?

Should have happened weeks ago, either way.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Chris Emma‏Verified account @CEmma670
26m26 minutes ago

The Bears will elevate OL Cameron Lee to the active roster, a source confirmed. @kfishbain first reported. John Fox said today it's possible Kyle Long (shoulder) will be shut down.
Richie
MVP

MoFugger wrote:
Richie wrote:Seriously... what is the guy fighting for at this point? Is there contract incentives he's trying to meet?

What is the guy fighting For?

Yes, what is he fighting for?

It's in nobodies best interest for him to be out there.

He's not helping the team, his teammates, the organization, himself or the future of this team.

He is a liability to both himself, the players he is blocking for and the future of the Chicago Bears.

I will say it again... What is he fighting for?
Richie
MVP

MoFugger wrote:I played when I was a kid and I played for a team you play to win and you play for the guy standing next to you there is also exactly what the Marine Corps told me

Talk about a false equivalency.

When you're in a firefight in the god damn middle east, nothing else matters beyond that point.

In football careers, there is a future to think about and an organization you need to act in the best interest of. There isn't a such thing as a "meaningless battle" for a Marine. However, right now Kyle Long is currently playing meaningless football games. Not to mention, playing like a liability in the process. While putting his future at risk, which in turn... would hurt his team's future.

If anything, you could make the argument that Long being out there... is selfish.