12.10.17 // Bears dominate Bengals in 33-7 win

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Funkster
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Richie wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:Hopefully we are not dumb enough to win this game. We might be, but I hope not.

I just want to see Biscuit work on his development and if Shaheen gets 5 catches (I know, I know) I'll consider that a moral victory.

I've been waiting for the "oh well we're eliminated from the playoffs f*** it game". We might get that against the Bengals on the road. Then again we might not. The defense is filled with pros.

Bengals 20
Bears 14
If a win comes as a result of Trubisky playing a great game, vs a tough defense. That is a far bigger positive than the 2 slots in the draft that it will cost us.
One loss is the reason why we have Kyle Fuller instead of Aaron Donald. I'd be fine if we didn't win another game this year and instead focused on development.
I would usually say this is a fans way of thinking, coaches don't think like that. However, I don't think the Bears know how to win so a loss is very probable and my statement becomes moot.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I don't think the Bears are good enough right now to beat a team like the Bengals. Then again, I thought the same thing against the other 2 AFC North teams we faced (Ravens and Steelers). But with the way the Bears are playing right now, I just don't see them winning any more games the rest of the way in 2017. Maaaaaybe against the Browns, but with Josh Gordon now back for them, they will be a struggle to beat for the Bears as well.

Against the Bengals specifically - the Bears pass rush is non-existent without Floyd and now McPhee. We'll be relying on edge rushers like Acho and Houston. Just don't see it happening. Combine the lack of pressure on the QB with an offense that can't score, AJ Green will have a field day.

Bears 10
Bengals 24
Never Die Easy
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Emery had loved Fuller for an awful long time.
He would.

I did not think that Donald was going to be this good, but then again I'm not a paid employee of an NFL franchise living and breathing this stuff.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
Richie wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:Hopefully we are not dumb enough to win this game. We might be, but I hope not.

I just want to see Biscuit work on his development and if Shaheen gets 5 catches (I know, I know) I'll consider that a moral victory.

I've been waiting for the "oh well we're eliminated from the playoffs f*** it game". We might get that against the Bengals on the road. Then again we might not. The defense is filled with pros.

Bengals 20
Bears 14
If a win comes as a result of Trubisky playing a great game, vs a tough defense. That is a far bigger positive than the 2 slots in the draft that it will cost us.
One loss is the reason why we have Kyle Fuller instead of Aaron Donald. I'd be fine if we didn't win another game this year and instead focused on development.
I would usually say this is a fans way of thinking, coaches don't think like that. However, I don't think the Bears know how to win so a loss is very probable and my statement becomes moot.
Whatever that's supposed to mean I don't care. I just know that I don't want us winning any meaningless December games just to feel good about ourselves and then four months later watch the team ahead of us draft the next franchise possible HOF player.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Hoge and Jahns podcast is outstanding again this week. (And not because I made the voicemail segment. :wave:) The sophomoric humor at around the 23 minute mark provided my first Bears smile in some time. :clap:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Richie
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Richie wrote:

Bengals 20
Bears 14
Unless it's for a franchise changing QB. Draft positioning is the most over-hyped thing that fans obsess about in the entire NFL.

For every Aaron Donald teams miss out on. How many busts do they miss out on, then fall back to wind up with a better selection?

Also, I am quite pleased with Fuller, at the moment. Not to mention, Aaron Donald isn't the difference between us being 3-9 or contending right now either.

It's about how you draft, not where you draft.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
Richie wrote:

Bengals 20
Bears 14
Unless it's for a franchise changing QB. Draft positioning is the most over-hyped thing that fans obsess about in the entire NFL.

For every Aaron Donald teams miss out on. How many busts do they miss out on, then fall back to wind up with a better selection?

Also, I am quite pleased with Fuller, at the moment. Not to mention, Aaron Donald isn't the difference between us being 3-9 or contending right now either.

It's about how you draft, not where you draft.
I'll take the higher draft choice everyday of the week because I can always sell it if I want. I would also trade Fuller for Aaron Donald right now given the opportunity.
G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:The Hoge and Jahns podcast is outstanding again this week. (And not because I made the voicemail segment. :wave:) The sophomoric humor at around the 23 minute mark provided my first Bears smile in some time. :clap:
They're a fun listen... my favorite is the clip of Josh Sitton "what do you mean 'meat smoker'?"

:rofl:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
He would.

I did not think that Donald was going to be this good, but then again I'm not a paid employee of an NFL franchise living and breathing this stuff.
I remember when he was drafted, the big knock on him was his size. But there were A LOT of people on this board that were very high on Donald. Guess they were right.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
He would.

I remember when he was drafted, the big knock on him was his size. But there were A LOT of people on this board that were very high on Donald. Guess they were right.
Don't remind me:

http://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/vi ... ron+Donald" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/beginnersguidetofootball wrote:SCORING
The object of the game is to score the most points.

So we're doomed.

Bengals 17
Bears 10

I know everyone wants us to lose out, but as usual I'm still looking for flashes that show these player are growing. If we win off an Eddie Jackson pick six or a Shaheen catch, etc, I'll be happy. I'd also like Trubisky to look more like a R1.2 pick than he has the past few weeks. I just don't think it will happen because our oline depth is an issue and I don't think Trubisky is good enough right now to win with bad receivers and no pocket.
xyt in the discord chats
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

well, we're following the steelers, so half of the bengals team are concussed. that's a plus.
Richie
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:well, we're following the steelers, so half of the bengals team are concussed. that's a plus.
Yeah, their season ended in heartbreak on Monday night, and it probably sealed Lewis's fate. Half of the team is pretty much dead.

If there's ever a time for a team to just have an enormous let-down game. This seems like a spot for Cincinnati.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Where as the Bears are not let down? Shit the Bears don't know how to take advantage of anything.

Myself, I am looking forward to the later games, Philly v Rams and Pitt v Raven. I will keep myself busy from 12-3.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Where as the Bears are not let down? Shit the Bears don't know how to take advantage of anything.

Myself, I am looking forward to the later games, Philly v Rams and Pitt v Raven. I will keep myself busy from 12-3.
Packers without their HOF QB, coming off a Monday nighter where they were thrashed at home by their closest division competitor--the Lions--and we're at home after a week off. How did that work out? :sick:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

staleystarch
Assistant Coach

crueltyabc wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/beginnersguidetofootball wrote:SCORING
The object of the game is to score the most points.

So we're doomed.

Bengals 17
Bears 10

I know everyone wants us to lose out, but as usual I'm still looking for flashes that show these player are growing. If we win off an Eddie Jackson pick six or a Shaheen catch, etc, I'll be happy. I'd also like Trubisky to look more like a R1.2 pick than he has the past few weeks. I just don't think it will happen because our oline depth is an issue and I don't think Trubisky is good enough right now to win with bad receivers and no pocket.
I certainly do not want to see them lose out. They won’t be drafting another QB and there should be good players available for them in the seeing how they will be getting at least a top ten pick. These young players need to show progress and learn to win some games. That said I would be shocked to see them win more than two more games. I actually doubt they’ll do that.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

no goldman today. akiem going to play 80 snaps at NT and die of a heart attack.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:well, we're following the steelers, so half of the bengals team are concussed. that's a plus.
Yeah, their season ended in heartbreak on Monday night, and it probably sealed Lewis's fate. Half of the team is pretty much dead.

If there's ever a time for a team to just have an enormous let-down game. This seems like a spot for Cincinnati.
I've been picking on you constantly the last few days. Please don't take it personally. :) I agree with you on many things. But having a positive attitude about the Bears right now just isn't there for me. :(

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:no goldman today. akiem going to play 80 snaps at NT and die of a heart attack.
We've reached the point where any kind of significant nick results in sitting down, not toughing it out. :(

staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Oh no! Rosen is announcing on Fox for this game.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:no goldman today. akiem going to play 80 snaps at NT and die of a heart attack.
Maybe.
Jenkins is active today, though, so they can rest him.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Adrian Amos SS Inactive
Eddie Goldman NT Inactive
DeAndre Carson FS Inactive
Cameron Lee OG Inactive
Pernell McPhee OLB Inactive
Taquan Mizzell RB Inactive
Mark Sanchez QB Inactive

staleystarch
Assistant Coach

I think that the first opening TD all year
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Go special teams!
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
UOK wrote:John Fox is irrationally good at beating the AFC North.

I feel like this will be a loss, but yeah, the Bears probably shit out a win.

Bears 19
Bengals 16

Bengals, like the bears, are most adept at playing down or up to their competition. i'm certain of one thing: both these teams will look like they're trying to lose.
bengals holding up their end of this
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
UOK wrote:John Fox is irrationally good at beating the AFC North.

I feel like this will be a loss, but yeah, the Bears probably shit out a win.

Bears 19
Bengals 16

Bengals, like the bears, are most adept at playing down or up to their competition. i'm certain of one thing: both these teams will look like they're trying to lose.
bengals holding up their end of this
Yeah not sure what happened with Dalton on that third down pass clear over the WR's head.

And we miss an extra point.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Marvin Lewis will be available to the Bears this off season lol
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Wait, so now we're down to kickers that can't hit XPs?
Impressive.

Next guy after Nugent will be whiffing on kickoffs.

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote:Wait, so now we're down to kickers that can't hit XPs?
Impressive.

Next guy after Nugent will be whiffing on kickoffs.
2019 bears: i cant believe we signed a kicker confined to a wheelchair.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Fox keeping his challenge record intact