CB Situation in 2018

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Richie
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
HisRoyalSweetness wrote:As much as we'd probably all like to forget it, the Bears have Cooper on the books at the moment earning $5m+. I'd happily cut him and put a big chunk of the cap space he would otherwise take up ($4.5m next year and $5m in 2019 after dead money is deducted) towards re-signing Amukamara, Fuller and Callahan.

For reference, cap hits this year:
Amukamara $7m
Fuller $3.082m
Callahan £0.615m
We can get rid of Cooper for $1 million in dead money.
Cooper shouldn't have been on this roster after the Steelers game let alone have lasted an entire season.
Eh... Cooper was a key performer in that victory. He cost us 4 points, but he also was huge in shutting down AB.
Adipost
MVP

Richie wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
HisRoyalSweetness wrote:As much as we'd probably all like to forget it, the Bears have Cooper on the books at the moment earning $5m+. I'd happily cut him and put a big chunk of the cap space he would otherwise take up ($4.5m next year and $5m in 2019 after dead money is deducted) towards re-signing Amukamara, Fuller and Callahan.

For reference, cap hits this year:
Amukamara $7m
Fuller $3.082m
Callahan £0.615m
We can get rid of Cooper for $1 million in dead money.
Cooper shouldn't have been on this roster after the Steelers game let alone have lasted an entire season.
Eh... Cooper was a key performer in that victory. He cost us 4 points, but he also was huge in shutting down AB.
https://gfycat.com/SillyRealisticIchidna
wab
Mod

Cooper not playing isn't because he sucks. He isn't playing because Fuller is having a terrific season.
BR0D1E86
MVP

wab wrote:Cooper not playing isn't because he sucks. He isn't playing because Fuller is having a terrific season.
It can be both.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Cooper not playing isn't because he sucks. He isn't playing because Fuller is having a terrific season.
I'm not sure.
If that's the reason, why isn't Cooper getting more reps in 5/10?

I'm feeling like he got doghoused after the fumble incident.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

FWIW, Lemming expects the Bears to keep Amukamara over Fuller and draft his replacement. Per the Twitter.

Citing it as a similar situation to Jeffery last year. I think it would be a mistake to let Fuller go...but who knows.
malk
Head Coach

I think Fuller might want to bolt right now but a new head coach could change that.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
G08
Hall of Famer

Is it just me or does something seem 'off' about Fuller? It's hard for me to place my finger on it but he's either extremely shy/reserved/awkward around the media or there is something wrong with that dude.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"