Kris Richard ex Seattle DC available//

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

docc
Head Coach

Since taking over as the Seahawks' defensive coordinator in 2015, Richard has led one of the most feared defensive units in the NFL. The group ranked first in fewest points allowed in 2015, third in 2016 and 13th last season. The rushing defense was especially stout, allowing the fewest yards in the league in 2015 and the seventh-fewest in 2016.
Richard Sherman has high praise for him

The Seahawks cornerback has high praise for what Richard has done in Seattle.

"Kris does a great job understanding who everyone is and not coaching everyone the same, understanding how people react to different things differently," Sherman told Sports Illustrated. "But his attention to detail and the preparation of game planning is meticulous. He goes over basically every scenario you can be put in in a game and he prepares us for that. You’re rarely ever surprised going into a ballgame by a formation or a play that they’re going to run.”
He has interviewed with Indy as HC..

But if not HC at Indy.. ANOTHER young strong candidate for a DC with Bears..38 years old Ton of experiance
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Another aggressive DC option. I like it.
Wounded Bear
MVP

Yep, I'll take some of that bidness.

I wonder what the Ryan brothers are up to nowadays. They would be fantastic DCs...either one, take your pick.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote:Yep, I'll take some of that bidness.

I wonder what the Ryan brothers are up to nowadays. They would be fantastic DCs...either one, take your pick.
Maybe so, but I don't think anyone at Halas Hall would put up with their personalities. Do you?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Wounded Bear
MVP

Mikefive wrote:
Wounded Bear wrote:Yep, I'll take some of that bidness.

Maybe so, but I don't think anyone at Halas Hall would put up with their personalities. Do you?
Really good point, actually.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Funkster
MVP

No official word that he has been fired. The reports I read are he is free to explore other option. He inherited an already elite defense. IMO, he would be another good SHORT term option.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve