Bears Beat Curmudgeon David Haugh Heaps Praise on Bears

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Wounded Bear
MVP

malk wrote:It's all good, in the past couple of weeks Cyrus' spirit has upgraded the Masamune so we can overcome the mistakes of the past.
I'm lost. Are these guys wide receivers?
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote:
malk wrote:It's all good, in the past couple of weeks Cyrus' spirit has upgraded the Masamune so we can overcome the mistakes of the past.
I'm lost. Are these guys wide receivers?
I believe it is old Final Fantasy nerd-fest language.
G08
Hall of Famer

Hopefully this puts everything to bed:
A.J. Bouye wrote:"I could see how the organization and the coaches looked at me. It was nothing personal, but I knew they would count me out. Jacksonville didn't even offer the most money. Chicago offered the most. Something told me to go with Jacksonville. I like their talent. It was closer to home, and it's in the division. I'm happy here."
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Hopefully this puts everything to bed:
A.J. Bouye wrote:"I could see how the organization and the coaches looked at me. It was nothing personal, but I knew they would count me out. Jacksonville didn't even offer the most money. Chicago offered the most. Something told me to go with Jacksonville. I like their talent. It was closer to home, and it's in the division. I'm happy here."

can't say I blame him for his decision ... at the time he made it, more money was all the Bears could offer ... and at that time, opponents were regularly leaving town after beating the Bears and commenting on how poorly coached the team seemed to be

with the new regime, hopefully this will change and Chicago will become a desired destination for more than just a paycheck
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Wounded Bear
MVP

Well, that's his loss. He had an opportunity to play for the legendary John Fox and blew it.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
malk
Head Coach

"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Wounded Bear
MVP

lol :D
Neil deGrasse Tyson
G08
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:
:rofl:

God damn did I love that movie as a kid!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

malk
Head Coach

I'm going to have to tweet Bouye to find out how much more it was. $100 and my point stands, $5m guaranteed and I'll shut up.

I've invested too much into this to give up so easily!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)