Dave Ragone likely to remain as Bears QB coach

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

@caplannfl
1m
As @BradBiggs said, Dave Ragone likely to remain as #Bears QBs coach. Some candidates were told they're not getting the job.
G08
Hall of Famer

I wonder if Biscuit vouched for him...
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I would have liked the QB Coach out of Houston, but if Nagy/Hellfrich thinks it's OK to keep him, then I am good with it.
Wounded Bear
MVP

G08 wrote:I wonder if Biscuit vouched for him...
Well hopefully Ragone is on board because Nagy sees that Ragone is addressing the issues that need to be addressed for Mitch's continued development. But if Mitch likes him, that certainly doesn't hurt either.

I wouldn't mind seeing us carry Sanchez for a while as well. That dude really seemed to embrace the role of mentoring the young lad.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote:
Well hopefully Ragone is on board because Nagy sees that Ragone is addressing the issues that need to be addressed for Mitch's continued development. But if Mitch likes him, that certainly doesn't hurt either.

I wouldn't mind seeing us carry Sanchez for a while as well. That dude really seemed to embrace the role of mentoring the young lad.
That's funny that you mention Sanchez. Going through the roster, I identified Sanchez as a crucial re-sign. Sanchez is going to be that voice in Trubisky's ear, that is so important in the QB meeting room.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Wounded Bear wrote:

That's funny that you mention Sanchez. Going through the roster, I identified Sanchez as a crucial re-sign. Sanchez is going to be that voice in Trubisky's ear, that is so important in the QB meeting room.
I’d be all for keeping Sanchez. He’s a borderline competent professional quarterback and apparently a phenomenal mentor for biscuits. I’m sure we could get a better on the field guy if we tried hard enough, but he’s got some intangibles working for him as well.
G08
Hall of Famer

Heard that Pace told Nagy he wanted Ragone back unless Nagy had good reasons for why not. Sounds like he is highly thought of and was held back by the previous coaching staff.
Last edited by G08 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Heard that Pace told Nagy he wanted Ragone back unless Ragone had good reasons for why not. Sounds like he is highly thought of and was held back by the previous coaching staff.
I'd buy that.
sturf
Journeyman

If Nagy is okay with it I think it also makes sense to have someone who knows exactly what they did with Mitch last season most importantly, but other players on offense as well.
G08
Hall of Famer

It'll be a nice, streamlined communication I hope. A lot of new dudes working together so if they do their jobs and communicate and teach Ragone the system effectively, he'll be able to communicate it to Mitchell and hopefully help him to translate any similar concepts from last season.

God, I just want them to build this offense from the ground floor up for the duration of MT10's career. We're overdue.

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i think this is such an important offseason for mitch, having some kind of continuity for him feels good to me. i'm glad they interviewed a few dudes before just settling on ragone. makes me feel 100% better about keeping him around.