Chicago Bears 2017 Highlights

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Biscuit 2017 Highlights
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Mikefive on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

And all of the 2017 Chicago Bear TDs
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Hematite
Player of the Month

all six?
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Hematite wrote:all six?

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

that first one to #80, i was like, who the fuck is that. XD
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

For me you can not top the knee fumble. But seriously the highlights to this season along with the lowlights and everything else should be locked in a coffin, thrown into an active volcano and forgotten for all time.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
malk
Head Coach

Merge with coach hire press conference threads...
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Richie
MVP

Ha... I forgot Thompson had that 109 yard return in the pre-season.

Also, my goodness. We must have really hated something about Victor Cruz in order to NEVER give him a call to comeback and play WR for us in the midst of all of the injuries and incompetence early on, huh?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Also, my goodness. We must have really hated something about Victor Cruz in order to NEVER give him a call to comeback and play WR for us in the midst of all of the injuries and incompetence early on, huh?
I totally forgot about him. No shit, right?
wab
Mod

Richie wrote:Ha... I forgot Thompson had that 109 yard return in the pre-season.

Well the Giants didn't call him either when they lost their top 3 WRs in one game. Maybe he just didn't have it anymore?
Richie
MVP

wab wrote:
Richie wrote:Ha... I forgot Thompson had that 109 yard return in the pre-season.

Well the Giants didn't call him either when they lost their top 3 WRs in one game. Maybe he just didn't have it anymore?
Oh, I 100% agree with that. No one called him, it wasn't just us. I'm just saying that if anyone would have called him, it'd be the team who had him all the way down to final cuts in pre-season. Lost their top two WR's to injury at the end of camp and in Week 1. Then, saw every other depth option fall on their face. Cutting three more of those guys along the way in Thompson, McBride and on-and-off turning Gentry loose/bringing him back.

I mean, he certainly was never going to be 2011 Victor Cruz. He must have really just looked terribly slow in camp practice or something. He didn't look terrible against the scrubs in pre-season, from what I remember.

You'd think it would be easier to call back a veteran guy like him, as opposed to hopping on the waiver-wire merry-go-round, dealing for other team's spare parts... etc...

It could be a combination of him losing it and an attitude thing. Remember when the Giants decided to release him and he had that whole sour grapes whiny rant? Where he claimed the team was intentionally not targeting him during the season? In order to make it easier for them to cut him and not pay him in the off-season? Despite them being squarely in the post-season mix all season, and pretty badly needing offensive help. He even said that there were plays where he was open, but Eli didn't throw to him on purpose. lol. As if Eli is conspiring against him being apart of the Giants future.

It was a borderline delusional notion. So, I could see where he maybe wasn't handling his far from stardom to "depth WR" very well.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
wab wrote:

Oh, I 100% agree with that. No one called him, it wasn't just us. I'm just saying that if anyone would have called him, it'd be the team who had him all the way down to final cuts in pre-season. Lost their top two WR's to injury at the end of camp and in Week 1. Then, saw every other depth option fall on their face. Cutting three more of those guys along the way in Thompson, McBride and on-and-off turning Gentry loose/bringing him back.

I mean, he certainly was never going to be 2011 Victor Cruz. He must have really just looked terribly slow in camp practice or something. He didn't look terrible against the scrubs in pre-season, from what I remember.

You'd think it would be easier to call back a veteran guy like him, as opposed to hopping on the waiver-wire merry-go-round, dealing for other team's spare parts... etc...

It could be a combination of him losing it and an attitude thing. Remember when the Giants decided to release him and he had that whole sour grapes whiny rant? Where he claimed the team was intentionally not targeting him during the season? In order to make it easier for them to cut him and not pay him in the off-season? Despite them being squarely in the post-season mix all season, and pretty badly needing offensive help. He even said that there were plays where he was open, but Eli didn't throw to him on purpose. lol. As if Eli is conspiring against him being apart of the Giants future.

It was a borderline delusional notion. So, I could see where he maybe wasn't handling his far from stardom to "depth WR" very well.
The guy tore his patellar tendon in 2014. Its possible that he just never fully recovered physically or mentally.
Richie
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Richie wrote:
wab wrote:

The guy tore his patellar tendon in 2014. Its possible that he just never fully recovered physically or mentally.
I said that I agree with that. No doubt.

However, in 2016... he did have as good of a season as any of our WR's did this year. Wright had only slightly better numbers.