Is Reich or Flip > Nagy?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BabyBear
Journeyman

Only time will tell, but they helped make Nick Foles look like Montana.

Through the WHOLE playoffs.

I realize Pederson gets all the credit, but I'd feel better about one of those guys than Nagy. But hey that's me.

Anyone else feel that way?
IotaNet
MVP

No
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

No. Foles has talent. He is not your typical backup. He had a great season about 5 yrs ago, 27-2. He didn't come out of nowhere and I really don't give QB and OCs that much credit when it comes to QBs, especially vets. Look a system and personnel. Foles would not have done shit here with this personnel.
wab
Mod

No
UOK
Site Admin

Ok, so we have no idea what Nagy will be like as coach, and planting the seeds for sour grapes NOW, just for the sake of planting a flag of despair to an extreme so prematurely, is perhaps the most Bears thing to ever Bears.
G08
Hall of Famer

Looking at this from a different angle, it's becoming quite clear to me that Andy Reid knows how to run a fucking program AND teach his disciples how to be a head coach.

That makes me extremely happy, especially when you combine that with players/coaches saying that Nagy is a smart, innovative coach that does an outstanding job with interpersonal relationships. That's huge, IMO.

Maybe we're in good hands, maybe this turns into a slightly better Trestman -- who knows?
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Even if they're better--which is unknown--does that somehow mean Nagy is bad?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
BR0D1E86
MVP

No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

BabyBear wrote:Is Reich or Flip > Nagy?
no

and why are you dogging Nagy before he coaches his first game for the Bears? is your premise that the Bears made a mistake hiring Nagy?

perhaps you should read through the thread about Nagy (multiple pages of discussion there), which I'm thinking is probably where this vote against Nagy should have been posted
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

YOGABBA
Rookie

Recency bias.
BabyBear
Journeyman

Watch the Colts hire Reich now and he leads them to the playoffs before Nagy does diddly poo for us.

Sorry...I'm just not sold on the Nagy hire at all. None of us should be. Only time will tell.

All I know is I'd feel better about Frank Reich because he coached up Wentz AND Foles to greatness this year....not to mention been around alot of damn good football going back to those early 90s bills teams. And he knows a thing or two about NEVER GIVING UP going back to his college days.

I hope I'm wrong though and Nagy is great for us. But my hunch says he's gone in 2-3 years.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

BabyBear wrote:Watch the Colts hire Reich now and he leads them to the playoffs before Nagy does diddly poo for us.

Sorry...I'm just not sold on the Nagy hire at all. None of us should be. Only time will tell.
so "if only time will tell", why are you not willing to give Nagy the same benefit of the doubt? why dump on the guy before he coaches his first game as a Bear?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
YOGABBA
Rookie

BabyBear:

That's assuming you have the same confidence in him doing with Brissette what he did with Went and Foles. I'll agree with anyone that wants to say the jury is still out on Mitch (though you at least have glimpses of what Pace thinks he has), but Mitch > Brissette is a no-brainer at this point, IMO.
Richie
MVP

For the OP, I think this goes back to... "Not every thought you have is call for another new thread"
Richie
MVP

YOGABBA wrote:BabyBear:

That's assuming you have the same confidence in him doing with Brissette what he did with Went and Foles. I'll agree with anyone that wants to say the jury is still out on Mitch (though you at least have glimpses of what Pace thinks he has), but Mitch > Brissette is a no-brainer at this point, IMO.
Luck will be ready for 2018. That is according to all reports surrounding the organization, and Luck himself. He doesn't need another surgery and his rehab is nearly complete.
wab
Mod

BabyBear wrote:Sorry...I'm just not sold on the Nagy hire at all.
We hadn’t noticed...