For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Adam Caplan‏Verified account
@caplannfl
Follow Follow @caplannfl
More
His retirement is short lived: #Bears are expected to hire Brad Childress as an offensive consultant, source said. Nagy and Childress are very close, so it's not exactly a surprise.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

OH WELL I GUESS THIS DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD
G08
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:OH WELL I GUESS THIS DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD
:rofl:

Hey I beat you by a full 60 seconds!! :lol:

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

No surprise - and an excellent move.
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
G08
Hall of Famer

This is a solid, solid hire.

Nagy is green and Childress has, what, 18 years of experience coaching in the NFL?

He was around for all of the Chiefs' turnaround and install from the ground floor -- along with Nagy.

This is terrific.

MT10 is now surrounded by Matt Nagy, Mark Helfrich, and Brad Childress.

UOK
Site Admin

I was wondering about this. Surprised it took as long as it did, honestly.
wab
Mod

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

As long as Matt Nagy doesn't become Brad Childress, that's fine. I want Nagy to be Nagy.
Wounded Bear
MVP

You know, I don't know what kind of Head Coach Nagy will be....as a matter of fact none of us do. But I like guys who realize that they don't have all of the answers, understand that they have blind spots, and make moves to compensate for their areas of weakness.

This is a very mature and wise move by a neophyte NFL head coach, in my estimation. But as Bears Whiskey Nut said, I hope he takes Childress's information and tailors it into a Nagy game-plan.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
sturf
Journeyman

It sounded like Childress wanted to be here so I expected this, and I am glad for it. It gives Nagy someone else on staff that has experience being a head coach in the NFL, being a play caller in the NFL over a long period of time, and knows Reid's West Coast offense inside and out.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:As long as Matt Nagy doesn't become Brad Childress, that's fine. I want Nagy to be Nagy.
i dunno man, nagy's rocking a hell of a pedo mustache in his official bear's photo:

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

The more people helping the team install the new offense the better. With needing to write the playbook, evaluate the talent from last year, help scout for FA and the Draft and get ready for minicamps, then get things in order for training camp, I honestly don't know how coaches sleep with just 8-10 guys on staff.

I once interviewed for an assistant coaching position at a DIII school. They filmed practice from 3 angles and graded every player on the team for every practice and game they had, from every angle they had available, which I believe was 6 angles in the coaches film app they all used for games.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Middleguard
MVP

My only reservation stems from recent experience. When Pace was hired, he was young and exciting, but many, a majority I think, thought it wise that he hired an experienced HC that he could seek advice from. In hindsight, tho, many (perhaps not a majority) think that Fox proved to be too conservative an adviser. I hope Nagy stays himself.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Not much of a Chilly fan as I saw the dumpster fire he produced in MN, except for the magic farve year. Hopefully he is a great consultant, other than that, meh.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

A consultant? I guess as long as he sits in the conference room with his laptop and coffee instead of being on the sidelines that's a plus.

G08
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:Not much of a Chilly fan as I saw the dumpster fire he produced in MN, except for the magic farve year. Hopefully he is a great consultant, other than that, meh.
I think it's more about having someone who has experience being in this league and being a head coach to help Nagy. I see him as another Andy Reid type that can be there when shit inevitably will hit the fan. It's a huge hire.

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:A consultant? I guess as long as he sits in the conference room with his laptop and coffee instead of being on the sidelines that's a plus.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin