Bears will play Ravens in Hall of Fame game

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Richie
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote:IDK, Rodgers is just as likely to have another broken collar bone as he is a probowl season. Their defense and running game isn't exactly stellar as well.

The vikings are due for a step back and have no idea where they are going at QB. They are clearly #1 but there are a whole lot of guys on that defense that are going to get paid really soon, which means a lot will be getting paid elsewhere and their offense had about everything fall their way all year. They will get cook back at RB and he will be an improvement, but may not be 100% early.

The lions, idk, what have they done to ever believe in them. High priced QB and not much else.
While I agree that ruling us out of the division the next two years is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction... I wouldn't bank on Rodgers getting hurt again. He's had two collarbone injuries, but outside of that. I can only recall the hamstring thing in the 2014 post-season. Which he played through very well, and would have led them to the SB... if not for that Bostick character dropping an onside kick with no one around him.

Breaking a collar bone twice 4 years apart is just flukey. This isn't like Romo's situation, where he didn't allow proper healing time and rushed back. Collar bone breaks heal as efficiently as any other bone in the body. There is a short period of time, where the break location is even stronger than the rest of the surrounding bone. Before returning to normal and being no more/no less likely to break again than it was before.

Minnesota/GB has question marks... but so long as Rodgers is in GB, they're going to be tough. They can only get better so far as the supporting cast goes, as it has been brutal. Minnesota is such a well rounded team, and so complete on D... With such a good HC. It is difficult for me to see them straight up falling off.

Detroit is just whatever... I expect them to hover somewhere between mediocre to slightly above average as usual.

All it takes is us to finally have a year where we take care of business vs our own division. Even if we can just split with MIN/GB... it gives us a shot. We can't keep shitting the bed in these games. We sweep the damn AFC North, but go 1-11 in our conference. 0-6 in our division.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:IDK, Rodgers is just as likely to have another broken collar bone as he is a probowl season. Their defense and running game isn't exactly stellar as well.

The vikings are due for a step back and have no idea where they are going at QB. They are clearly #1 but there are a whole lot of guys on that defense that are going to get paid really soon, which means a lot will be getting paid elsewhere and their offense had about everything fall their way all year. They will get cook back at RB and he will be an improvement, but may not be 100% early.

The lions, idk, what have they done to ever believe in them. High priced QB and not much else.
While I agree that ruling us out of the division the next two years is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction... I wouldn't bank on Rodgers getting hurt again. He's had two collarbone injuries, but outside of that. I can only recall the hamstring thing in the 2014 post-season. Which he played through very well, and would have led them to the SB... if not for that Bostick character dropping an onside kick with no one around him.

Breaking a collar bone twice 4 years apart is just flukey. This isn't like Romo's situation, where he didn't allow proper healing time and rushed back. Collar bone breaks heal as efficiently as any other bone in the body. There is a short period of time, where the break location is even stronger than the rest of the surrounding bone. Before returning to normal and being no more/no less likely to break again than it was before.

Minnesota/GB has question marks... but so long as Rodgers is in GB, they're going to be tough. They can only get better so far as the supporting cast goes, as it has been brutal. Minnesota is such a well rounded team, and so complete on D... With such a good HC. It is difficult for me to see them straight up falling off.

Detroit is just whatever... I expect them to hover somewhere between mediocre to slightly above average as usual.

All it takes is us to finally have a year where we take care of business vs our own division. Even if we can just split with MIN/GB... it gives us a shot. We can't keep shitting the bed in these games. We sweep the damn AFC North, but go 1-11 in our conference. 0-6 in our division.
Agree 100%.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

great post, richie. i'd give you a reputation point if we still had 'em.