Confirmed: WR Allen Robinson signs 3yr $42M deal

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Richie
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote:Saw this one on Twitter and thought it was funny as heck, but I can't claim it as my own.

Allen Robinson tried throwing some money to Josh Bellamy for his number 15, but Bellamy couldn't catch it.
That sucks. I doubt Bellamy gives it up. He purposely switched from 11 to 15. However, perhaps that was because White wanted 11?

I don't know... Don't really give a damn. lol
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I kinda like the nickname AR-15. :-)
Whether it's Yemen, a high school classroom, or the gridiron, nothing murders children like the AR-15.

Yeah, I could get used to that.
I actually don't find that funny whatsoever...
Well your sense of humor and mine are world's apart. I did.
G08
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
Whether it's Yemen, a high school classroom, or the gridiron, nothing murders children like the AR-15.

It's dark, it's hilarious, and unfortunately it's 100% accurate.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:

Sorry, the thought of 14 year-olds lying on the floor of their high school, with multiple entry wounds, coughing up blood and bleeding out, when just earlier in the day they were thinking about going home and sharing Valentine's Day with their parents, doesn't somehow seem funny to me. Or the parents who had to go home to open Valentine's Day cards from kids that were now dead. I can't find the humor in that either. All because some right-wing gun fucks want to be able to play soldier on the weekend, and a special interest lobby that all but owns our government. Sorry, again. not funny.

I've said my peace.

Glad to have A. Rob in town. After watching more film on him, and then looking at Jeffery. He's Alshon with more speed. Not a bad thing at all.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Well we can't get political and dem guns get political. However I have always had a cynical dark humor. I think it's a good thing for me. I recently read a book "behavior" by Robert Sipolski (sp?). I really like learning about what makes people tick. Long story short without asshole s like me and emphatic people like you, the species dies. So I appreciate your empathy.

As for Robinson he really should be able to open the field for Gabriel and Burton. I think he could be three timing belt for this engine.
docc
Head Coach

Who the fuck is Lorin Cocks..er Cox ? Rates Rob as a C+ because of Trubisky ? What does his resume indicate he know dick about anything..?
Oh wait..he or it is a Cocks..

Open widen Lorin..
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:Well we can't get political and dem guns get political. However I have always had a cynical dark humor. I think it's a good thing for me. I recently read a book "behavior" by Robert Sipolski (sp?). I really like learning about what makes people tick. Long story short without asshole s like me and emphatic people like you, the species dies. So I appreciate your empathy.
Thank you. I take these occurrences very hard. I have strong political views, and I apologize for airing them out here. I appreciate your humor. Its just too soon for me.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:Who the fuck is Lorin Cocks..er Cox ? Rates Rob as a C+ because of Trubisky ? What does his resume indicate he know dick about anything..?
Oh wait..he or it is a Cocks..

Open widen Lorin..
I saw that article. It was total bullshit. It was like, this is a C+ signing because, what if this, and what if Trubisky sucks, and what if that. It was just dour, dark, cynicism.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Well we can't get political and dem guns get political. However I have always had a cynical dark humor. I think it's a good thing for me. I recently read a book "behavior" by Robert Sipolski (sp?). I really like learning about what makes people tick. Long story short without asshole s like me and emphatic people like you, the species dies. So I appreciate your empathy.
Thank you. I take these occurrences very hard. I have strong political views, and I apologize for airing them out here. I appreciate your humor. Its just too soon for me.
Too soon? Sandy Hook was in 2012!

I hate guns and the nickname ar-15 just kind of irks me alittle bit.
UOK
Site Admin

Let's leave it alone. This is not the time nor the place. Move on.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

sorry
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Let's leave it alone. This is not the time nor the place. Move on.
Will do. Thanks UOK.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

this shit is beneath contempt and beyond redemption - you goddamned bastards just broke my heart - bought a bunch of new stuff but im burning all my bears crap at daylight - jesus what a helluva fuck job - fuck you all with a rusty ka-bar and fuck the damn bears for all time

unforgivable
Last edited by o-pus #40 in B major on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
malk
Head Coach

So I probably shouldn't wade in and start correcting grammar then?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:So I probably shouldn't wade in and start correcting grammar then?
:rofl:
UOK
Site Admin

AR12.

G08
Hall of Famer

Dude said he didn't see this signing as a 3 year deal in Chicago, he said he wants to finish his career here.

Got goosebumps, fam.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
BR0D1E86
MVP

G08 wrote:Dude said he didn't see this signing as a 3 year deal in Chicago, he said he wants to finish his career here.

Got goosebumps, fam.
...hopefully with a fist full of Super Bowl rings.
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:Dude said he didn't see this signing as a 3 year deal in Chicago, he said he wants to finish his career here.

Got goosebumps, fam.
Damn, sounds like that knee injury was much worse than we thought.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:

Got goosebumps, fam.
No. It actually sounded to me, like the knee injury wasn't as bad as it could have been. I think he's going to be ready to go in September.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Adipost wrote:

Got goosebumps, fam.
No. It actually sounded to me, like the knee injury wasn't as bad as it could have been. I think he's going to be ready to go in September.
He said recently he’d be a full participant in the offseason. Sounds like he’s going to be perfectly fine. And this very rarely has any prolonged negative affects on wide receivers his age.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i thought it was a good joke, adi. (the knee one)
Adipost
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:i thought it was a good joke, adi. (the knee one)
:toast:
UOK
Site Admin

The next person who posts about Sandy Hook, guns, AR15s, or shooting people, in a joking fashion or otherwise, is banned.

I'm tired, and I'm cranky, and I have to log in to see bickering over this shit.

Grow the fuck up or get out.
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

UOK wrote:The next person who posts about Sandy Hook, guns, AR15s, or shooting people, in a joking fashion or otherwise, is banned.

I'm tired, and I'm cranky, and I have to log in to see bickering over this shit.

Holy shit - a real moderator. Toto, I don't think we're in CCS anymore...

(and that's a good thing :thumbsup: )
Adipost
MVP

UOK wrote:The next person who posts about Sandy Hook, guns, AR15s, or shooting people, in a joking fashion or otherwise, is banned.

Are we still allowed to use the related smilie that is provided by the website?
UOK
Site Admin

Adipost wrote:

Are we still allowed to use the related smilie that is provided by the website?
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears get good news on Allen Robinson
The Chicago Bears are counting on Mitch Trubisky to take a giant step forward this year. If that’s going to happen, the young quarterback is going to need excellent play out of his wide receivers. A healthy Allen Robinson is Trubisky’s best shot at developing a real Pro Bowl caliber wideout.

The good news for Trubisky and the Bears is that Robinson is ahead of schedule in his recovery from the torn ACL he suffered last September. Coach Matt Nagy said his free agent signing is “ahead of the game” when it comes to his return from injury. Nagy won’t rush Robinson to come back too soon, but he’s also pleased with the receiver’s attention to detail in meetings.

Robinson’s potential impact on the Bears offense can’t be overstated. The team is still short on talent at the skill positions. Robinson will be expected to lead a receiving group that includes Kevin White, Taylor Gabriel and Anthony Miller.

White’s been a massive disappointment since he was drafted in the first round back in 2015. It’s highly unlikely that 2018 will be the season he puts everything together. Gabriel had his moments with the Falcons, but he is better suited to play the slot. Miller could eventually grow into an above average starter, but he’ll need some time to adjust to life in the NFL.

The Bears hope they will get the Allen Robinson of 2015 in 2018. That was the receiver’s best year as a pro. He led the Jaguars offense with 80 catches and 1400 yards receiving that year. Chicago would be happy with anything near that level of production.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bad Flanders
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
but he’s also pleased with the receiver’s attention to detail in meetings.
Dude is probably just psyched to have a qb who can make a 10 yard+ throw two times in a row and hit the same zip code both times.

The only people that don't accept Tru > Bortles are idiots named La Canfora and soon to be Darwin Award winners.
G08
Hall of Famer

AR12 is going to love the jump ball opportunities MT10 is going to afford him. He's never had a QB as accurate as ours.