Confirmed: WR Allen Robinson signs 3yr $42M deal

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

sorry
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Let's leave it alone. This is not the time nor the place. Move on.
Will do. Thanks UOK.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

this shit is beneath contempt and beyond redemption - you goddamned bastards just broke my heart - bought a bunch of new stuff but im burning all my bears crap at daylight - jesus what a helluva fuck job - fuck you all with a rusty ka-bar and fuck the damn bears for all time

unforgivable
Last edited by o-pus #40 in B major on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
malk
Head Coach

So I probably shouldn't wade in and start correcting grammar then?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:So I probably shouldn't wade in and start correcting grammar then?
:rofl:
UOK
Site Admin

AR12.

G08
Hall of Famer

Dude said he didn't see this signing as a 3 year deal in Chicago, he said he wants to finish his career here.

Got goosebumps, fam.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

BR0D1E86
MVP

G08 wrote:Dude said he didn't see this signing as a 3 year deal in Chicago, he said he wants to finish his career here.

Got goosebumps, fam.
...hopefully with a fist full of Super Bowl rings.
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:Dude said he didn't see this signing as a 3 year deal in Chicago, he said he wants to finish his career here.

Got goosebumps, fam.
Damn, sounds like that knee injury was much worse than we thought.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:

Got goosebumps, fam.
No. It actually sounded to me, like the knee injury wasn't as bad as it could have been. I think he's going to be ready to go in September.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Adipost wrote:

Got goosebumps, fam.
No. It actually sounded to me, like the knee injury wasn't as bad as it could have been. I think he's going to be ready to go in September.
He said recently he’d be a full participant in the offseason. Sounds like he’s going to be perfectly fine. And this very rarely has any prolonged negative affects on wide receivers his age.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i thought it was a good joke, adi. (the knee one)
Adipost
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:i thought it was a good joke, adi. (the knee one)
:toast:
UOK
Site Admin

The next person who posts about Sandy Hook, guns, AR15s, or shooting people, in a joking fashion or otherwise, is banned.

I'm tired, and I'm cranky, and I have to log in to see bickering over this shit.

Grow the fuck up or get out.
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

UOK wrote:The next person who posts about Sandy Hook, guns, AR15s, or shooting people, in a joking fashion or otherwise, is banned.

I'm tired, and I'm cranky, and I have to log in to see bickering over this shit.

Holy shit - a real moderator. Toto, I don't think we're in CCS anymore...

(and that's a good thing :thumbsup: )
Adipost
MVP

UOK wrote:The next person who posts about Sandy Hook, guns, AR15s, or shooting people, in a joking fashion or otherwise, is banned.

Are we still allowed to use the related smilie that is provided by the website?
UOK
Site Admin

Adipost wrote:

Are we still allowed to use the related smilie that is provided by the website?
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears get good news on Allen Robinson
The Chicago Bears are counting on Mitch Trubisky to take a giant step forward this year. If that’s going to happen, the young quarterback is going to need excellent play out of his wide receivers. A healthy Allen Robinson is Trubisky’s best shot at developing a real Pro Bowl caliber wideout.

The good news for Trubisky and the Bears is that Robinson is ahead of schedule in his recovery from the torn ACL he suffered last September. Coach Matt Nagy said his free agent signing is “ahead of the game” when it comes to his return from injury. Nagy won’t rush Robinson to come back too soon, but he’s also pleased with the receiver’s attention to detail in meetings.

Robinson’s potential impact on the Bears offense can’t be overstated. The team is still short on talent at the skill positions. Robinson will be expected to lead a receiving group that includes Kevin White, Taylor Gabriel and Anthony Miller.

White’s been a massive disappointment since he was drafted in the first round back in 2015. It’s highly unlikely that 2018 will be the season he puts everything together. Gabriel had his moments with the Falcons, but he is better suited to play the slot. Miller could eventually grow into an above average starter, but he’ll need some time to adjust to life in the NFL.

The Bears hope they will get the Allen Robinson of 2015 in 2018. That was the receiver’s best year as a pro. He led the Jaguars offense with 80 catches and 1400 yards receiving that year. Chicago would be happy with anything near that level of production.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bad Flanders
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
but he’s also pleased with the receiver’s attention to detail in meetings.
Dude is probably just psyched to have a qb who can make a 10 yard+ throw two times in a row and hit the same zip code both times.

The only people that don't accept Tru > Bortles are idiots named La Canfora and soon to be Darwin Award winners.
G08
Hall of Famer

AR12 is going to love the jump ball opportunities MT10 is going to afford him. He's never had a QB as accurate as ours.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:AR12 is going to love the jump ball opportunities MT10 is going to afford him. He's never had a QB as accurate as ours.
That will be interesting to see. While AR12 can be successful at the jump ball thing, it's not what Biscuit was asked to do last year and I suspect that will continue with the Nagy offense. Wims also has the basketball skills to go up and get it, so I'll be on the lookout for that as well.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:
G08 wrote:AR12 is going to love the jump ball opportunities MT10 is going to afford him. He's never had a QB as accurate as ours.
That will be interesting to see. While AR12 can be successful at the jump ball thing, it's not what Biscuit was asked to do last year and I suspect that will continue with the Nagy offense. Wims also has the basketball skills to go up and get it, so I'll be on the lookout for that as well.
If he's singled up on the outside, there will/should be checks to just send him vertical. Ditto Gabriel/Cohen.

Should be a fucking blast to watch this offense develop, I don't think what we see week 1 is what we are going to be excelling at week 12.

Bad Flanders
MVP

G08 wrote:Should be a fucking blast to watch this offense develop, I don't think what we see week 1 is what we are going to be excelling at week 12.
^ this ^

Now... just prepare yourselves for the meatball attack on Tru and the offense because they aren't the second coming of the 2000 Rams by the second quarter of the first game...

Maybe someone can convince Mitch to punch Rodgers in the face, he'd never hear another negative peep from a meatball! LOL
Bad Flanders
MVP

Also... to watch this defense keep coming around, as the offense starts to work, this D is going to start to be AMAZING again! I can't wait!
Sugashane
Player of the Month

Bad Flanders wrote:
G08 wrote:Should be a fucking blast to watch this offense develop, I don't think what we see week 1 is what we are going to be excelling at week 12.
^ this ^

Now... just prepare yourselves for the meatball attack on Tru and the offense because they aren't the second coming of the 2000 Rams by the second quarter of the first game...

Maybe someone can convince Mitch to punch Rodgers in the face, he'd never hear another negative peep from a meatball! LOL
True. Hell Wooton ended Favre's career on a simple, legal play, and I have a jersey of his for no other reason. Seeing Tru walk across the field and jack Rodgers in the jaw would have him a Jordan-level statue in Chicago. LOL
G08
Hall of Famer

Sugashane wrote:
Bad Flanders wrote:
^ this ^

True. Hell Wooton ended Favre's career on a simple, legal play, and I have a jersey of his for no other reason. Seeing Tru walk across the field and jack Rodgers in the jaw would have him a Jordan-level statue in Chicago. LOL
AND a Jordan-statue-sized boner in me pants!

Sugashane
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Bad Flanders wrote:
^ this ^

AND a Jordan-statue-sized boner in me pants!
Assuming you either mean Deandre Jordan or the now fat Michael Jordan. lol
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Robinson participated in OTA practice this week. :thumbsup:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
LacertineForest
MVP

Anyone have a link to a video of him practicing? A PFT article about him said that reporters were tweeting videos, but none of the beat reporters I follow posted the video. I know there will be plenty more to come, but it's the offseason, damnit, and I'll take anything at this point.