Possible Target: Chiefs OL, Zach Fulton

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

I know he’s been brought up, but I haven’t seen him as a talking point. He makes a ton of sense. Drafted by the Chiefs in 2014, he’s played in 63 out of a possible 64 games. While only starting 46 games, he’s started both guard spots and has spent time at center. He’s got nice size at 6’5” 320lbs. Plus he’ll be a good 27 years old by seasons start.
wab
Mod

Guess it depends on if they want Whitehair to stay at center.
G08
Hall of Famer

I honestly want to address OG/OC in the draft; whoever offers the best value in round 4, draft that player and tell Whitehair he is playing the other spot. Personally, I like Whitehair more at OG but he's a hell of an OC.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
G08
Hall of Famer

I honestly want to address OG/OC in the draft; whoever offers the best value in round 4, draft that player and tell Whitehair he is playing the other spot. Personally, I like Whitehair more at OG but he's a hell of an OC.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Richie
MVP

Lol... I played football at Homewood-Flossmoor with Big Z. Junior high basketball too. I've followed his career a bit. He can play several OL positions at a reliable/serviceable level. Which in itself, is valuable.

Funny story... My buddy actually wound up moving to KC and hung with him over last off-season a bit. He would go for a night out with a few of the Chiefs, and Fulton was cool enough to tell some of the girls hanging around that my friend was the punter.

He's a real solid, high-character dude. With an insane work ethic and a great locker room guy. Those are the things I can say for sure. I know those things are peripheral... but this is probably my only chance ever to give legit insight on a player I know personally. So, F it. lol
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I would highly prefer signing an FA like this to address the OL as opposed to drafting a guard at #8.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

If we draft Nelson at 8 that's good with me but we would still be relying on Long to stay healthy and at least one of our depth guys to make progress. I think "versatile veteran" is a need in the interior regardless. I also want us drafting DBs or WRs in the 4th so I think it'd be good to use some of our $80m (sigh) in this area.
xyt in the discord chats
thunderspirit
Head Coach

That's awesome, Richie. :-)

I'm okay with Fulton. He turns 27 in September and can plug in at either guard spot, plus fill in at center in a pinch. Decent player now with a (small) chance he improves to something more.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked: