Aaron Lynch

Jerry Attouchu

ILB

Gerald Hodges

Preston Brown

Ramik Wilson

Kevin Peirre-Louis
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
beardownbilly
Journeyman

It's gone a little quiet now, I’d still like us to try to fill a couple of defensive slots, even if it’s depth chart guys so we have some more flexibility in the draft.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Bullard played well enough last year that I don't think we should add a big name DT

OG/C on the other hand, I wouldn't mind. Even if we're drafting Nelson, you still have injury-riddled Long to worry about.

OLB is such a shallow group that everyone is gonna get overpaid. We need to draft one for sure. I guess I want Ealy if he's healthy?

TE wtf is happening at TE? I don't want to give up on Shaheen but I don't want him out there as a turnstyle in the run game, and I don't think Sims looked good either. I guess I would add a cheapish blocking TE and waive Sims?
xyt in the discord chats
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I don't think Shaheen was a turnstyle run blocker at the end of the year. Cheapish blocking TE makes a lot of sense. Just a wild guess, but I think they'll cut Sims, but see what he's offered in the marketplace and try to match and bring him back. Surely, he's not going to be offered $3M.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Nanky
Journeyman

I'd love the Bears to look into Preston Brown. I think he'd help solidify the LB unit, plus he's still young and very productive.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Nanky wrote:I'd love the Bears to look into Preston Brown. I think he'd help solidify the LB unit, plus he's still young and very productive.
we'd have to pay a premium i'd think to pry him away from buff. and you know, malk's poor heart couldnt take that.
malk
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Nanky wrote:I'd love the Bears to look into Preston Brown. I think he'd help solidify the LB unit, plus he's still young and very productive.
we'd have to pay a premium i'd think to pry him away from buff. and you know, malk's poor heart couldnt take that.
Just make sure it's on a one year "prove something or other" deal and I'll be fine.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
MoFugger
Head Coach

malk wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
Just make sure it's on a one year "prove something or other" deal and I'll be fine.
Maybe we could sign him for an IOU and a subscription to the jelly of the month club? It is the gift that keeps on giving the whole year round.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
Nanky
Journeyman

I've been thinking about the OG position, was thinking maybe a play would be made for one of the bigger names, but with no news, maybe the starter is already on the roster? I'm thinking Eric Kush will take over the LG spot, just saw a Twitter video, he looks healthy. Maybe offensive line isn't much of an issue with the resigning of Sowell and a healthy Kush . . . Obviously Nelson would be a nice addition, but I'm not a fan of drafting a G in the top 10.
wab
Mod

Nanky wrote:I've been thinking about the OG position, was thinking maybe a play would be made for one of the bigger names, but with no news, maybe the starter is already on the roster? I'm thinking Eric Kush will take over the LG spot, just saw a Twitter video, he looks healthy. Maybe offensive line isn't much of an issue with the resigning of Sowell and a healthy Kush . . . Obviously Nelson would be a nice addition, but I'm not a fan of drafting a G in the top 10.
Nelson is clearly head and shoulders above any player the Bears currently have on the OL. Having said that, he's not absolutely necessary.

I like Kush better as a center, but he'd be a decent replacement for Sitton. We also have to assume that Long is going to play more than 6 games next season.

Aside from Long and Massie, and to an extent Kush...the Bears OL is pretty pretty undersized. It would be nice to see some bigger fellas along the interior.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

John Sullivan is a free agent. Whitehair could play gaurd, and Kush your back up. I think that immediately improves the line.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:John Sullivan is a free agent. Whitehair could play gaurd, and Kush your back up. I think that immediately improves the line.
I agree. But it’s kinda contrary to the youth movement.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Ryan Jensen?
wab
Mod

By all accounts, the FO loves them some Kush. I’d assume he gets first crack at guard or center. Pending the draft of course.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Apparently we are bringing back Daniel Brown. You'd have to think Sims is gone now.

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

MoFugger wrote:Apparently we are bringing back Daniel Brown. You'd have to think Sims is gone now.

I think so too. Use those $ somewhere else
G08
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote:Apparently we are bringing back Daniel Brown. You'd have to think Sims is gone now.

I don't think Sims is going anywhere, this dude is here for depth and special teams.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

Sims is the Bears best blocker and likely the #2 tight end.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Sims is the Bears best blocker and likely the #2 tight end.
Yup, and I kiiiiiind of think Nagy wants to keep 12 personnel in his back pocket in case things go down with our WRs on the outside.

Nanky
Journeyman

We'll find out soon . . . maybe a restructure?
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Nanky wrote:We'll find out soon . . . maybe a restructure?
This if they keep him. 6 mill is a lot for a blocking te and the rumor is they are shopping him for next to nothing.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

wab wrote:By all accounts, the FO loves them some Kush. I’d assume he gets first crack at guard or center. Pending the draft of course.
They do love Eric Kush, but they love him most as the seventh active guy on game day because he can play anywhere. It's the same reason why they re-signed Bradley Sowell.

In a perfect world, Jordan Morgan would show something.
In a realistic world, they'll look for someone when the dust settles — guys like Wesley Johnson, Kevin Pamphile, Joe Looney, maybe Ulrick John or Josh LeRibeus, that sort of player.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
wab
Mod

thunderspirit wrote:
wab wrote:By all accounts, the FO loves them some Kush. I’d assume he gets first crack at guard or center. Pending the draft of course.
They do love Eric Kush, but they love him most as the seventh active guy on game day because he can play anywhere. It's the same reason why they re-signed Bradley Sowell.

In a perfect world, Jordan Morgan would show something.
In a realistic world, they'll look for someone when the dust settles — guys like Wesley Johnson, Kevin Pamphile, Joe Looney, maybe Ulrick John or Josh LeRibeus, that sort of player.
How are those guys better than Kush?
UOK
Site Admin

Their tanktop collections are nowhere near as excellent, surely.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Better is relative. However, for reference:

Eric Kush: 18 games played (5 starts)
Wesley Johnson: 41 games played (24 starts)
Kevin Pamphile: 53 games played (33 starts)
Joe Looney: 59 games played (13 starts)
Josh LeRibeus: 44 games played (12 starts)
UOK wrote:Their tanktop collections are nowhere near as excellent, surely.
This as well. :thumbsup:
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I understand the comment about Sullivan being over 30, but I don't care. They need depth and a starter on the line. Kush has never been a long time starter. Long was consistently injured. There should be worry there. Here are a couple of names.

Ryan Jensen
John Sullivan
Weston Richburgh
Brian Schwenke
Cameron Fleming
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:I understand the comment about Sullivan being over 30, but I don't care. They need depth and a starter on the line. Kush has never been a long time starter. Long was consistently injured. There should be worry there. Here are a couple of names.

Ryan Jensen
John Sullivan
Weston Richburgh
Brian Schwenke
Cameron Fleming
We still have a whole draft.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

You don't put shitty tires on your new sports car. Even Nelson is an NFL unknown. You should want some options.
cblaz11
MVP

Speaking of Kush..turnthe volume up lol

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UOK
Site Admin

McCblaz wrote:Speaking of Kush..turnthe volume up lol

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BAHA I love it

THAT'S RIGHT I BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEp