Starting your own podcast

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Mikefive wrote:Fantasyland... BFO mods organize audio only discussion via phone, inviting various posters to participate.

You guys have plenty of time on your hands, right? :evilgrin:
If there are 3-4 people interested in doing a podcast, I'd be down to do an occasional one to talk Bears. PM me.
malk
Head Coach

UOK wrote:
Mikefive wrote:Fantasyland... BFO mods organize audio only discussion via phone, inviting various posters to participate.

You guys have plenty of time on your hands, right? :evilgrin:
If there are 3-4 people interested in doing a podcast, I'd be down to do an occasional one to talk Bears. PM me.
Can we do an AJ Bouye special?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
cblaz11
MVP

Richie wrote:I work in sports radio. I probably should, but it just feels like screaming into the wind if you're not of any notoriety.

I'm considering a backup plan to all of this, to be honest. Podcasting on the rise, AM radio will go by the way-side as the younger generation takes center stage and it will all be on the internet. I guess that's more reason to try and create my own thing... but I don't know.

Awesome...who do you work for? One of my good friends has a show on ESPN
Richie
MVP

McCblaz wrote:
Richie wrote:I work in sports radio. I probably should, but it just feels like screaming into the wind if you're not of any notoriety.

I'm considering a backup plan to all of this, to be honest. Podcasting on the rise, AM radio will go by the way-side as the younger generation takes center stage and it will all be on the internet. I guess that's more reason to try and create my own thing... but I don't know.

Awesome...who do you work for? One of my good friends has a show on ESPN
I interned and started out as a part-time producer for The Score. I worked mostly the graveyard shifts and with Mully and Hanley in the mornings.

I've met a few of the ESPN guys in passing, though. Hood and Silvy are extremely friendly guys, for instance. I think I only met Waddle once or twice, in passing. FWIW - Hanley was the nicest guy I encountered at The Score. Super down to Earth guy. Not that Mully was a bad guy... He's just really into being "Mully". lol. I was also there during Mannelly & Spiegel. Both nice guys.

Went out to Bismarck for a little while, for a production director job of a sports station there which centered around local college and Minnesota sports. I got to be a part of a show there in the "producer side kick" sort of role. Lol... I had to basically pretend I was into Minnesota sports. I was also there when Wentz was drafted, which was all we covered for a while.

Now I'm in Detroit with "The Ticket" as a producer (CBS Sports Radio affiliate, local sports... basically their Score). I don't do anything on-air, though. So -- I was spared the torture of jumping from pretending I was a Minnesota to a Detroit fan. haha

We'll see how it pans out.
cblaz11
MVP

That's awesome..I'm sure doing it has its exciting moments!

Jurko from ESPN is a good friend...Wasn't sure if you had worked with him at all.

Guys..let's get this podcast going. Could be a lot of fun..