So no one knows when/if Meredith will play...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

We're not talking about money but this could just be a conversation about money. I would go to camp with 9 guys and not be upset about paying three of them to leave. We're not building through the draft at this position, we're taking chances in FA and eating dead money. That was decided when White and Meredith got hurt last year, and none of the FAs got re-signed.

Also, most of our rookie targets would have special teams value. I have us drafting DJ Moore and he's got PR/KR ability.

1= Watkins/Robinson

2 thru 4 =
Wilson
Meredith
White
Wheaton
Inman/Wright/journeyman FA who maybe plays ST

5 thru 6 =
Drafted Rookie (DJ Moore) who maybe plays ST
UDFA who def plays ST
Bellamy/veteran ST guy
xyt in the discord chats
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:Everything I’ve seen all offseason says he’ll be ready for training camp.
That’s because the only thing you have heard is coming from the guys camp that is trying to get him a contract.

I want him to come back and do well. But he wouldn’t be the first nor last that didn’t come back from this injury. He was ok but injuries diminish you as a player. How far did he have to go before that ends up being not on an nfl roster.

ACL is still a serious, career altering injury.
Richie
MVP

I would be extremely disappointed if we let Cameron Meredith get away.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

it's kind of funny, because on alot of people's FA WR lists he's a top five guy, under the obvious landry/watkins/robinson trio. there are fanbases out there hoping the bears dont tender him.
BR0D1E86
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:Everything I’ve seen all offseason says he’ll be ready for training camp.
That’s because the only thing you have heard is coming from the guys camp that is trying to get him a contract.

I want him to come back and do well. But he wouldn’t be the first nor last that didn’t come back from this injury. He was ok but injuries diminish you as a player. How far did he have to go before that ends up being not on an nfl roster.

ACL is still a serious, career altering injury.
The Bears expect him to be ready. And for guys his age it’s frequently not career altering.