Confirmed: WR Taylor Gabriel signs 4yr deal with Bears

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

That's funny as shit. I love the rapport building already. Please oh please guys, don't let me down!! :thumbsup:
wab
Mod

RustyTrubisky wrote:Image
He’s gonna need a stool to get his stuff off the top shelf of the locker. Maybe Trubisky can lift him up there?
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

wasnt that 80's company that made all those old NFL posters trying to make a comeback or something?
https://www.thescore.com/news/772759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I remember Russell Wilson having one like 2-3 years back?

i think i would hang a taylor gabriel / tarik cohen weirdly offensive poster (where they're like oompa-loompa's or something) over my fireplace. I'd have to put the van gohn in storage but it'd be worth it.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:wasnt that 80's company that made all those old NFL posters trying to make a comeback or something?
https://www.thescore.com/news/772759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i think i would hang a taylor gabriel / tarik cohen weirdly offensive poster (where they're like oompa-loompa's or something) over my fireplace. I'd have to put the van gohn in storage but it'd be worth it.
HAHA! I still remember the game where Don Majkowski went out with an injury, and a relatively unknown rookie named Brett Favre came in to take over, and ended up winning the game. The rest is history.
LacertineForest
MVP

Taylor Gabriel eager to create mismatches in Matt Nagy's offense
“I had a few interests in free agency, but with the Bears, it was just Nagy’s offense, just his creativity and the things that he did when he was with the Chiefs,” Gabriel said. “I feel like for me it was a no-brainer, and coming from with Tyreek Hill and the things that [Nagy] did with him to move him around and get him open, it was a no-brainer for me.

“My friend, Charcandrick West, he plays with Kansas City, and he would talk about it all the time and how he loved it, the different schemes and just kind of how he was just a doctor at creating an offense and getting people open; so that was just one thing I got from him and just watching film. If you go on YouTube and look up Kansas City offense, you see different things they did and how Tyreek Hill got open and how he made those explosive plays, so that was one thing.”
It's been discussed plenty already on this board, but it is nice to see that affirmation from the FA class that the coaching hire is a reason guys want to come here. Big change from the past. Can't wait to see how they deploy their new weapons.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

BearButtseks wrote:Taylor Gabriel eager to create mismatches in Matt Nagy's offense
“I had a few interests in free agency, but with the Bears, it was just Nagy’s offense, just his creativity and the things that he did when he was with the Chiefs,” Gabriel said. “I feel like for me it was a no-brainer, and coming from with Tyreek Hill and the things that [Nagy] did with him to move him around and get him open, it was a no-brainer for me.

“My friend, Charcandrick West, he plays with Kansas City, and he would talk about it all the time and how he loved it, the different schemes and just kind of how he was just a doctor at creating an offense and getting people open; so that was just one thing I got from him and just watching film. If you go on YouTube and look up Kansas City offense, you see different things they did and how Tyreek Hill got open and how he made those explosive plays, so that was one thing.”
It's been discussed plenty already on this board, but it is nice to see that affirmation from the FA class that the coaching hire is a reason guys want to come here. Big change from the past. Can't wait to see how they deploy their new weapons.
I couldn't believe. Everyone of them to a man said something to the effect of, 'I watched the KC offense, or the Philadelphia offense, and I think Nagy is going to be a really good coach.'
malk
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
BearButtseks wrote:Taylor Gabriel eager to create mismatches in Matt Nagy's offense

I couldn't believe. Everyone of them to a man said something to the effect of, 'I watched the KC offense, or the Philadelphia offense, and I think Nagy is going to be a really good coach.'
This gets me so excited! Gonna wind my neck in about dollars and cents and just get excited for the draft, TC and the damn games!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
IotaNet
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

also —how cool is it that these guys actually go on YouTube to watch the same stuff we do in order to make decisions about where they might want to play.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:wasnt that 80's company that made all those old NFL posters trying to make a comeback or something?

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:

Those two together are going to give DC's fits next year. I mean, like nightmares.

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Oh my...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xyt in the discord chats
G08
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote:Oh my...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I remember that... did it in the Super Bowl to Malcolm Butler #dirty
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"