Nagy, Helfrich, Trubisky and the Chicago Bears 2018 Offense

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Now that we've added several offensive pieces. Take a look at this video, and imagine; Cohen, Howard, Burton and Gabriel. I can see it clear as frickin day.

Nagy's Offense
Get ready. We're going to hear terms we generally don't hear in reference to our offense:

1. Dy.nam.ic: "And we see Mitch Trubisky about to lead this Dynamic Bears offense out onto the field..." This is not a slur. This means our offense is actually good.

2. Pro.lif.ic: "Nagy's Prolific offense took apart a good defense in this game..." This means we did several things well, and didn't rely on just running the ball.

3. High-Pow.ered: "The Bears High Powered offense is lead by Mitch Trubisky..." This is not a reference to the drugs we previously needed to get through a game. It means that we are capable of putting up a lot of yards.

4. En.ter.tain.ing: "Gotta love watching this Bears offence; it's really Entertaining isn't it?" This means we'll actually enjoy watching football again.

5. Touch.down: "Trubisky rolls right, finds Burton on the corner router...Touchdown!" This means the offense scored. Novel idea.

6. Dic.tate: "This defense couldn't do anything to stop the Bears; in fact all they could do was hold on and allow Nagy to Dictate which player got the ball and when." This is what a real offense does to a defense...

7. Play.offs: "Playoffs? Playoffs? We're just trying to win a damn game here!" Dare to dream
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Honest question, why are we suddenly modeling the Eagles offense?
weird, Pace just said in his press conference to look at the eagles in regards to utilizing our TE's.

probably just a coincidence.
sturf
Journeyman

RustyTrubisky wrote:
wab wrote:Honest question, why are we suddenly modeling the Eagles offense?
weird, Pace just said in his press conference to look at the eagles in regards to utilizing our TE's.

probably just a coincidence.
The Eagles offense is largely the same offense that Nagy runs. It's the Andy Reid offense. As Trey Burton said he already knows most of what will be the Bears offense already coming from Philly.