The spastic Giraffe finds new fans to crush..

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

docc
Head Coach

Even though he officially isn’t a free agent yet, Mike Glennon reportedly has a new team already. In Arizona, Glennon will join a new-look quarterback depth chart alongside Sam Bradford, who reportedly agreed to a one-year, $20 million deal with the Cardinals to fill the void left by the retired Carson Palmer.

Arizona press release indicates "Mike is an ideal player for the trash bin of desert waste that is Phoenix. His odd movement and stumbling spastic footwork combine with little to no feel for the game make a perfect fit."

Welcome to hell..Mr..er now Senor Neck..
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

good luck to him, wish I could make that much money.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:good luck to him, wish I could make that much money.
I wish I could make that much money...for being shitty at what I do for a living.

There. Fixed.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
I wish I could make that much money...for being shitty at what I do for a living.

There. Fixed.
I don't care if I was good or bad, I just want the money. Performance is a mute point.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

There. Fixed.
I don't care if I was good or bad, I just want the money. Performance is a mute point.

Glennon was a mute?!? that can explain several things ....
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Glennon is a really, really good guy. I just think he needed more time to get up to speed, not that he was going to light the world on fire or anything. A statue like him needs to know where to go with it more so than more mobile guys do. And he just never got there in the time he had. He's well suited to a backup role.

I wish him the best, although he may have to spend a significant portion of his salary on sunscreen to protect his paleness in Phoenix.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bad Flanders
MVP

moot - as in; You know I feel so dirty when they start talking cute, I wanna tell her that I love her but the point is probably moot

*sorry, I couldn't resist*

As for the giraffe, I agree with Mikefive, no bad feels here, can't say the guy didn't try his best, his best just wasn't good enough. Guy took the best deal available and didn't throw a temper tantrum when he got sat and the deal is looking more and more reasonable with FA this year ($82 million/3 years GUARANTEED for Cousins?!?!?).

And, he'll see the field backing up for Bradford, still a good deal for him.