Possible Target: Ndamukong Suh

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IotaNet
MVP

I’ve seen some Bears fans on the interwebs wanting Suh. I’m not a scheme guru but isn’t he a 4-3 kinda guy?

I know Fangio is a defensive savant and Suh is a tough, nasty SOB ... but would he be a fit for us?
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Yes, he is a 4-3 guy. He's also on the wrong side of 30. If he wanted to take a MASSIVE pay cut to keep playing, I would say maybe. He's from Portland, OR (my hometown) I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Seattle to end his career.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Suh would be an amazing upgrade at DL opposite Hicks. He's also a 31-year old incredible jerk. Not Pace's kind of guy I don't think.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
IotaNet
MVP

Mikefive wrote: ... He's also a 31-year old incredible jerk. Not Pace's kind of guy I don't think.
That's the rub. Pace is trying to establish a culture here and I don't think its quite strong enough yet to absorb a jerk. You can get away with having one or two people like that (and sometimes you need people like that) If you have strong locker room leadership. I'm not sure we're there yet.

But WOW, wouldn't he look great on our D-line -- if only for a couple of years.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
UOK
Site Admin

Suh has basically come out and said he wants the most money. Doesn't care about fit, scheme, etc. Just wants the cash. Shows what type of player he is.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Ndamukong Suh ... just say no

yes, he can be a terror when he feels like it but his main focus is aon himself, not the team he is on ... and while a little selfishness to get a nice payday is ok, selfishness that carries onto the field of play is not

for anyone who wants a mercenary who they think they can motivate, Suh is for you ... I don't think he is good for the Bears
Last edited by Boris13c on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

Sounds like he's due to go to the Saints.
LacertineForest
MVP

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report
1h

Ndamukong Suh tells me he had a great phone conversation with Pete Carroll last night and that there is tangible interest between both parties. The #Seahawks are very excited about Suh -- who has a host of potential suitors -- given how dominant and disruptive he is.
Seems weird to be kicking the tires on Suh considering Seattle is basically rebuilding the defense.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

No.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

BearButtseks wrote:
Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report
1h

Ndamukong Suh tells me he had a great phone conversation with Pete Carroll last night and that there is tangible interest between both parties. The #Seahawks are very excited about Suh -- who has a host of potential suitors -- given how dominant and disruptive he is.
Seems weird to be kicking the tires on Suh considering Seattle is basically rebuilding the defense.
He's from Portland. I would bet money he ends up in Seattle to end his career.
IotaNet
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:He's from Portland. I would bet money he ends up in Seattle to end his career.
Excellent point.
BearButtseks wrote: ... Seems weird to be kicking the tires on Suh considering Seattle is basically rebuilding the defense.
Not so weird actually. Pete Carroll LIKES that "edgy" vibe on defense. He also thinks he can win over malcontents with his PMA coaching style.

I could see where he might want to bring Suh in to get back some of the edge they've lost with Sherman, Lynch, Bennett, et al leaving.

- Colin Powell
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Can I get a..... hell NO!