Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Cian Fahey's postin some Trubisky gifs.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
G08
Hall of Famer

Dude. Yes.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

http://presnapreads.com/2018/03/25/quar ... 17-season/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you know? Mitchell Trubisky threw 39 seam passes in 2017 and was accurate on 28 of them. Only Aaron Rodgers was more accurate on seam throws than he was.

The big concern on Trubisky at this point is his ability to process coverages and blitzes. He ranked 24th in avoidable sack percentage as a rookie. But even that’s not a major concern because he came out of college as a raw rookie. His overall performance in 2017 was really impressive. The only thing he was lacking was a decent wide receiver.

Trubisky was phenomenally accurate and he spent most of his season throwing receivers open at every level of the field. His receivers had a high failed reception rate but more importantly than that they really struggled to get open. Whenever they were pressed aggressively at the line, Trubisky was going to have to either make a perfect throw or extend the play outside of structure.

His combination of creating big plays while being efficient with his accuracy and decision making to work the underneath levels of the coverage made for a hugely promising rookie season. If he had a healthy Allen Robinson last year, his numbers would have been as impressive as his performances were.
cblaz11
MVP

Couple thoughts...

Long looked terrible on some of those plays..

Massie...looked good for the most part. Very impressed with his feet.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:Cian Fahey's postin some Trubisky gifs.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That was awesome. The gif with Shaheen made me sad, hopeful and angry at the same time.
malk
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:http://presnapreads.com/2018/03/25/quar ... 17-season/

Did you know? Mitchell Trubisky threw 39 seam passes in 2017 and was accurate on 28 of them. Only Aaron Rodgers was more accurate on seam throws than he was.

The big concern on Trubisky at this point is his ability to process coverages and blitzes. He ranked 24th in avoidable sack percentage as a rookie. But even that’s not a major concern because he came out of college as a raw rookie. His overall performance in 2017 was really impressive. The only thing he was lacking was a decent wide receiver.

Trubisky was phenomenally accurate and he spent most of his season throwing receivers open at every level of the field. His receivers had a high failed reception rate but more importantly than that they really struggled to get open. Whenever they were pressed aggressively at the line, Trubisky was going to have to either make a perfect throw or extend the play outside of structure.

His combination of creating big plays while being efficient with his accuracy and decision making to work the underneath levels of the coverage made for a hugely promising rookie season. If he had a healthy Allen Robinson last year, his numbers would have been as impressive as his performances were.
Really don't want to derail this with a negative but has anyone read about the open throws he seemed to miss fairly consistently? It could well be some eye test bias but I do remember a few head scratchers so am wondering if they were consistently on the same type of throw.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Adipost
MVP

cblaz11 wrote:Couple thoughts...

What aboot Whitehair getting absolutely raped By Everson Griffin.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cianaf/status/982074879368294400
G08
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:

Really don't want to derail this with a negative but has anyone read about the open throws he seemed to miss fairly consistently? It could well be some eye test bias but I do remember a few head scratchers so am wondering if they were consistently on the same type of throw.
He struggled a bit throwing left at times, from what I gathered it was mechanical. I'm curious to see how much better he will be this season -- apparently he spent a chunk of the off-season refining his mechanics (lower half).
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Adipost wrote:

What aboot Whitehair getting absolutely @#$%& By Everson Griffin.

Semantics aside: Whitehair got beat badly. Sometimes you get beat.

The other guys are getting paid too.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
malk
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
malk wrote:

He struggled a bit throwing left at times, from what I gathered it was mechanical. I'm curious to see how much better he will be this season -- apparently he spent a chunk of the off-season refining his mechanics (lower half).
Left sounds right from my patchy memory. Not a major worry, there were always going to be some things he needed to work on and work ethic certainly isn't in question.

And cheers, if I still remember by training camp I can keep an eye out for those left sideline throws.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote:
Adipost wrote:

What aboot Whitehair getting absolutely @#$%& By Everson Griffin.

Semantics aside: Whitehair got beat badly. Sometimes you get beat.

The other guys are getting paid too.
that was a great move by griffin, but cody's at left guard. he'd already been at right guard and center on the line at that point in the season and fucking hell that's kind of unfair to cody.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

but i agree that the less you watch the pass blocking in those gifs, the better. kyle was a turnstyle in atleast two of those. tom compton got beat ugly in one, etc.
wab
Mod

I get that Long wasn't healthy, but it just highlights to me that he never should have played last season. Good for him on being tough and a leader and whatever, but he was flat out bad. Another season like that, and as much as we all love the guy, I don't think I want him on the team any longer.
Adipost
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:but i agree that the less you watch the pass blocking in those gifs, the better. kyle was a turnstyle in atleast two of those. tom compton got beat ugly in one, etc.
Let’s not leave out Sowell. Although Whitehair gets some blame for helping the wrong guy...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cianaf/status/982070391819583488
Umbali
MVP

Some of the Oline issues will resolve themselves as they get used to what Trubisky will do and his ability to move in the pocket and reset. When we ran so much last year and Trubisky barely got the chance to be himself the Oline was reacting on the fly a bit more rather than being comfortable as to what he would do. IMO
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Grasu with a blatant hold in the one gif he's in lol

Jordan Howard is decent in pass pro huh? That's nice to see
xyt in the discord chats
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

Looking forward to next year's Trubisky gifs