BearsFansOnline Podcast // E04: Jordan Howard Drama

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

cblaz11 wrote:Lol...I was partially kidding, partially kind of serious that he has proven more in his ability to rush the edge then Edmunds.
https://theathletic.com/310552/2018/04/ ... the-bears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read that
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:Lol...I was partially kidding, partially kind of serious that he has proven more in his ability to rush the edge then Edmunds.
https://theathletic.com/310552/2018/04/ ... the-bears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read that
Regardless of what any of us feel about Edmunds, the key part of that article is toward the end when the author speculates on Ryan Pace's affinity for players just like Edmunds. I completely agree and said as much previously this offseason: Edmunds is absolutely in the mold of guys that Pace covets, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he took him at 8, or possibly even traded up to secure him. But Pace is nothing if not unpredictable these days.
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:

Read that
I think he’s referring to his pass rush ability, of which he has none, since you keep foolishly projecting him to be an edge rusher.
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:

Read that
I think he’s referring to his pass rush ability, of which he has none, since you keep foolishly projecting him to be an edge rusher.
I would argue it's more foolish to be unable to project a player/talent to do something solely because you haven't seen it on the internet.

But to be clear: I see him being able to play inside and rush off the EDGE. The more I look at him, the more I think only using him as an EDGE would be a disservice to his skill set. He's a defensive chess piece that someone like Vic Fangio, IMO, would love.

He has range, he has length to take on blockers, he has elite athleticism, he can spy the QB, he can blitz the QB, he can cover RBs and TEs, and I'm of the opinion you can line him up on the EDGE at times and tell him to get the QB. You get him raw at age 19, but you get him for a fairly cheap 5-year deal. If he hits? Man... you've got a stud at 25 years of old that is going to see his first big contract. That's huge. YUGE.
cblaz11
MVP

MrPrettyBoyFancyLad wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:So your always drunk. Got it.
well said, mister. i'm one and done on those podcasts. i find it very difficult to listen to a dude who seems to be one of the least informed fans on the board. if i want to listen to that kind of bullshit nonsense, i'll just talk to my dad who is batshit crazy with dementia. that was really tough to stomach.

We're fans, we don't work for ESPN or call ourselves experts. So much of sports talk is opinion based, which falls inline with what we discuss on this board as well as the podcast. I don't claim to know more then anyone, but I have an opinion.

Least informed? Coming from you, I take that as a compliment. Appreciate the feedback..

Also, Trumain Edmunds is not an edge rusher....IN MY OPINION.
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

seriously, cringeworthy. not just edmunds, but everything.

listen, i'm not trying to hurt your feelings and certainly you're entitled to your opinion, but typically when people take on the roll of pundit in some form of media, they usually know something about what they're talking about unless, of course, they're being used as some type of comedic foil. and for your information, people don't listen to podcasts to just to hear opinions for the sake of hearing opinions because they're starved for opinions, they listen to podcasts to hear informed people give some type of insight on the subject at hand. you don't meet that criteria.

so when i say that you are the least knowledgeable poster on this board, i'm not saying it because i hate you and i'm trying to hurt your feelings, but i'm saying it because i cannot think of one other poster who knows less about the Chicago Bears (or football in general) than you. you're probably a great guy and good at whatever you do, but as far as this is concerned, you really don't know much about this subject at all.
beardownbilly
Journeyman

MrPrettyBoyFancyLad wrote:seriously, cringeworthy. not just edmunds, but everything.

listen, i'm not trying to hurt your feelings and certainly you're entitled to your opinion, but typically when people take on the roll of pundit in some form of media, they usually know something about what they're talking about unless, of course, they're being used as some type of comedic foil. and for your information, people don't listen to podcasts to just to hear opinions for the sake of hearing opinions because they're starved for opinions, they listen to podcasts to hear informed people give some type of insight on the subject at hand. you don't meet that criteria.

so when i say that you are the least knowledgeable poster on this board, i'm not saying it because i hate you and i'm trying to hurt your feelings, but i'm saying it because i cannot think of one other poster who knows less about the Chicago Bears (or football in general) than you. you're probably a great guy and good at whatever you do, but as far as this is concerned, you really don't know much about this subject at all.
Personal insults aside, evaluating and projecting how kids will turn out as pro athletes is not a science, nor is it accurate, it's only an opinion. That's why GM and scouts get it wrong, that's why these so called draft analyst experts get it wrong and why they release eleventy million mock drafts before the actual thing, sooner or later they'll hit on a good one solely based on numbers, and why none of us are employed by NFL franchises right now.

Everyone is on hear to give an opinion, some will turn out to be correct, some won't, that's life.
UOK
Site Admin

Please avoid listening to future episodes, FancyLad. We’re clearly not the show for you, and you’re not the type of listener we want. Also please refrain from personal insults or you’ll be suspended. Consider this your warning.

Also for a guy who seems starved for facts and loathes opinion, a message board environment feels tremendously ironic a venue for you to occupy.
beardownbilly
Journeyman

I really like Edmunds as our 1st round pick. The way I see it is, the kid is 19 years old, when he reaches the end of his rookie deal he will be 24, thats 2-3 years younger than most other projected picks and he will have had 5 years professional coaching at the position.

Imagine how good he could be at that age with all that experience and still just 24! If the team also find he has a Type A personality, we could have our next defensive leader for the next 10-12 years.
Nanky
Journeyman

UOK wrote:Please avoid listening to future episodes, FancyLad. We’re clearly not the show for you, and you’re not the type of listener we want. Also please refrain from personal insults or you’ll be suspended. Consider this your warning.

Also for a guy who seems starved for facts and loathes opinion, a message board environment feels tremendously ironic a venue for you to occupy.
I say go the opposite route, have him on the podcast. I'd like him to share his vast knowledge with the rest of us less fortunate people.
Decatur Staley
Rookie

UOK wrote:Please avoid listening to future episodes, FancyLad. We’re clearly not the show for you, and you’re not the type of listener we want. Also please refrain from personal insults or you’ll be suspended. Consider this your warning.

What personal insults?
UOK
Site Admin

He essentially called my co-host a dumbass.
Decatur Staley
Rookie

UOK wrote:He essentially called my co-host a dumbass.
Meh, he just said he thought he wasn't well informed... That's not a personal attack.

I agree with Nanky... Have him on the show.
G08
Hall of Famer

To be fair, you're both dumbasses :-P
UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:
Listen, that's besides the point!
cblaz11
MVP

G08 wrote:

Lol...that has nothing to do with this argument
cblaz11
MVP

Nanky wrote:

I say go the opposite route, have him on the podcast. I'd like him to share his vast knowledge with the rest of us less fortunate people.

I agree...I'd love to hear him try to articulate his opinions.
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

no i didn't. it seems you heard what you wanted to hear and have gone into defensive mode, however, that is not at all what i wrote. to be crystal clear, i dont' think cblaz is a dumbass, as a matter of fact, he may be a genius for all i know, but what i did say is that he doesn't know hardly anything about football or the chicago bears.

for instance, i know very little about quantum physics, but if you were to ask me to be on a podcast about quantum physics and for some silly reason i accepted, it would be absolutely laughable because i don't know shit about quantum physics. i have opinions about some things i have learned about quantum physics, but to have me on a podcast talking about my opinions on that subject would be one of the more idiotic things anyone could listen to. i am not saying this to insult myself, i am saying this because it is a fact that i have very little to offer as far as enlightening analysis of things pertaining to quantum physics.

the funny thing is, if you read carefully through this thread, there are others who have stated the same thing i have, but i don't see you issuing them warnings. right out of the gates on this thread someone was stating the exact same fact that i did and i don't recall reading your warning to them. so i guess my question is: is the sole purpose of these threads on your podcasts only to serve as a vehicle to shower praise on you guys? this is just an ego thing? perhaps if you simply stated these unspoken rules at the beginning of the thread we could either rain down superlatives on you guys to make you feel all happy or just not comment at all.

but hey, if that's the case, here's my revised post in regards to cblaz and the podcast: you guys did really great! best podcast maybe ever.

MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

Nanky wrote:

well it's all relative, right? you have vast knowledge relatively speaking. so does Boris. so does otis. so does mmmc. so does docc. so does rusty trubisky. so does hematite. so does G08. so does wab....

pick anyone.

again, he's not a dumbass. i genuinely don't believe that he is. he's just very ignorant about football. and as i stated previously, we are all ignorant about something and that isn't an insult - it's a fact.
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

btw, let me just take a wild ass shot in the dark here and tell me if i'm right. cblaz is the one who set up the podcast and that's why he's on the podcast.

it's the only way any of this makes sense.
UOK
Site Admin

MrPrettyBoyFancyLad wrote: so i guess my question is: is the sole purpose of these threads on your podcasts only to serve as a vehicle to shower praise on you guys? this is just an ego thing? perhaps if you simply stated these unspoken rules at the beginning of the thread we could either rain down superlatives on you guys to make you feel all happy or just not comment at all.

but hey, if that's the case, here's my revised post in regards to cblaz and the podcast: you guys did really great! best podcast maybe ever.

Now you're starting to understand.

More of that, please.
cblaz11
MVP

MrPrettyBoyFancyLad wrote:btw, let me just take a wild ass shot in the dark here and tell me if i'm right. cblaz is the one who set up the podcast and that's why he's on the podcast.

it's the only way any of this makes sense.

False..I did not set up the podcast.

In an effort to show that your more then a troll, what exactly do you disagree with? If it's Edmunds, do some research. Many people question his ability to rush off the edge..If it's James, do some research, many people have mentioned his ability to blitz the edge.

I don't know more then most, but I do feel comfortable about my understanding of the Bears and football from a personnel and scheme standpoint.

The good news is that we won't have to worry about your feedback because you won't be listening...how will we survive without such quality feedback and opinions. That being said, I look forward to your 101st post.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Floyd your retort was well written. I think knowledge and exaggeration are different. I think Chris was exaggerating not dumb. To which I disagree with his views on a few things obviously.

However we are all football dumb compared to experts. I spoke a bit with a poster who is a d1 qb coach about qb play. Compared to him I am dumb. Yet if I remember correctly he wasn't right on his favorite qb prospect. I work with a former d1 QB and he knows way more then I do, yet he is a packers fan. So clearly not bright. Its a cramp shoot I the end.
UOK
Site Admin

If the podcast was entitled, "Football Experts Online Podcast" or at any point in the show I put the terms, "Expert Analysis" or "Brilliant Football Breakdowns," then I'd be more tolerant of people busting chops over some sort of unmet standard.

I started the show, Chris does a great job, and we're just two guys enjoying ourselves talking about the Bears with absolutely zero obligation to educate our listeners, nor any agenda to misinform.

We're just having fun, and if Floyd doesn't find us to meet his standards, I have no idea why he listened in the first place.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

OK....what did I miss?

Look, its a podcast made by Bears fans to talk about their team. Understand that going in and accept it or don't accept it and don't listen to it. I personally think the podcast is very entertaining.
docc
Head Coach

UOK wrote:If the podcast was entitled, "Football Experts Online Podcast" or at any point in the show I put the terms, "Expert Analysis" or "Brilliant Football Breakdowns," then I'd be more tolerant of people busting chops over some sort of unmet standard.

I started the show, Chris does a great job, and we're just two guys enjoying ourselves talking about the Bears with absolutely zero obligation to educate our listeners, nor any agenda to misinform.

We're just having fun, and if Floyd doesn't find us to meet his standards, I have no idea why he listened in the first place.
Fuckin' Hilarious !
How dare you have FUN dammit..!! This is life and death serious shit..and certainly we all can make great decisions better than,,uh,,well just better..

Get that controller in hand..fire up Madden and be the GM beast..!!
OK..back to drinking and watching who we bombed today,,
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:

Read that
Uh oh, Adi...

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

It's clear he has those traits. He has the traits to excel anywhere really.
G08
Hall of Famer

Here's Mayock saying the same thing :)
Mayock’s take: “He won’t turn 20 until the week after the draft. He’s big and runs in the 4.5s. I can’t even think of a comp for him because he’s so unique. He has all kinds of upside as an off-the-ball linebacker, which is what he was at Virginia Tech.

“But I also think he’s that rare guy who could stick his hand in the dirt and rush the quarterback. He’s got length. He’s got get-off. He’s got some twitch. In today’s NFL, it’s about affecting the quarterback. You could use him off the ball. He can rush from the ‘A’ gap. I think you could also line him up as an outside rusher in sub-packages.’’
G08
Hall of Famer

And now Pace is saying the same thing about Edmunds.
Pace said Edmunds can play both inside and outside linebacker immediately in the NFL.