BearsFansOnline Podcast // E04: Jordan Howard Drama

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

MrPrettyBoyFancyLad wrote: so i guess my question is: is the sole purpose of these threads on your podcasts only to serve as a vehicle to shower praise on you guys? this is just an ego thing? perhaps if you simply stated these unspoken rules at the beginning of the thread we could either rain down superlatives on you guys to make you feel all happy or just not comment at all.

but hey, if that's the case, here's my revised post in regards to cblaz and the podcast: you guys did really great! best podcast maybe ever.

Now you're starting to understand.

More of that, please.
cblaz11
MVP

MrPrettyBoyFancyLad wrote:btw, let me just take a wild ass shot in the dark here and tell me if i'm right. cblaz is the one who set up the podcast and that's why he's on the podcast.

it's the only way any of this makes sense.

False..I did not set up the podcast.

In an effort to show that your more then a troll, what exactly do you disagree with? If it's Edmunds, do some research. Many people question his ability to rush off the edge..If it's James, do some research, many people have mentioned his ability to blitz the edge.

I don't know more then most, but I do feel comfortable about my understanding of the Bears and football from a personnel and scheme standpoint.

The good news is that we won't have to worry about your feedback because you won't be listening...how will we survive without such quality feedback and opinions. That being said, I look forward to your 101st post.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Floyd your retort was well written. I think knowledge and exaggeration are different. I think Chris was exaggerating not dumb. To which I disagree with his views on a few things obviously.

However we are all football dumb compared to experts. I spoke a bit with a poster who is a d1 qb coach about qb play. Compared to him I am dumb. Yet if I remember correctly he wasn't right on his favorite qb prospect. I work with a former d1 QB and he knows way more then I do, yet he is a packers fan. So clearly not bright. Its a cramp shoot I the end.
UOK
Site Admin

If the podcast was entitled, "Football Experts Online Podcast" or at any point in the show I put the terms, "Expert Analysis" or "Brilliant Football Breakdowns," then I'd be more tolerant of people busting chops over some sort of unmet standard.

I started the show, Chris does a great job, and we're just two guys enjoying ourselves talking about the Bears with absolutely zero obligation to educate our listeners, nor any agenda to misinform.

We're just having fun, and if Floyd doesn't find us to meet his standards, I have no idea why he listened in the first place.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

OK....what did I miss?

Look, its a podcast made by Bears fans to talk about their team. Understand that going in and accept it or don't accept it and don't listen to it. I personally think the podcast is very entertaining.
docc
Head Coach

UOK wrote:If the podcast was entitled, "Football Experts Online Podcast" or at any point in the show I put the terms, "Expert Analysis" or "Brilliant Football Breakdowns," then I'd be more tolerant of people busting chops over some sort of unmet standard.

I started the show, Chris does a great job, and we're just two guys enjoying ourselves talking about the Bears with absolutely zero obligation to educate our listeners, nor any agenda to misinform.

We're just having fun, and if Floyd doesn't find us to meet his standards, I have no idea why he listened in the first place.
Fuckin' Hilarious !
How dare you have FUN dammit..!! This is life and death serious shit..and certainly we all can make great decisions better than,,uh,,well just better..

Get that controller in hand..fire up Madden and be the GM beast..!!
OK..back to drinking and watching who we bombed today,,
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:Lol...I was partially kidding, partially kind of serious that he has proven more in his ability to rush the edge then Edmunds.
https://theathletic.com/310552/2018/04/ ... the-bears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read that
I think he’s referring to his pass rush ability, of which he has none, since you keep foolishly projecting him to be an edge rusher.
Uh oh, Adi...

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

It's clear he has those traits. He has the traits to excel anywhere really.
G08
Hall of Famer

Here's Mayock saying the same thing :)
Mayock’s take: “He won’t turn 20 until the week after the draft. He’s big and runs in the 4.5s. I can’t even think of a comp for him because he’s so unique. He has all kinds of upside as an off-the-ball linebacker, which is what he was at Virginia Tech.

“But I also think he’s that rare guy who could stick his hand in the dirt and rush the quarterback. He’s got length. He’s got get-off. He’s got some twitch. In today’s NFL, it’s about affecting the quarterback. You could use him off the ball. He can rush from the ‘A’ gap. I think you could also line him up as an outside rusher in sub-packages.’’

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
G08
Hall of Famer

And now Pace is saying the same thing about Edmunds.
Pace said Edmunds can play both inside and outside linebacker immediately in the NFL.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

He's got to be the most dazzling, drool inducing "project" in this draft.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:Lol...I was partially kidding, partially kind of serious that he has proven more in his ability to rush the edge then Edmunds.
https://theathletic.com/310552/2018/04/ ... the-bears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read that
I think he’s referring to his pass rush ability, of which he has none, since you keep foolishly projecting him to be an edge rusher.
Uh oh, Adi...

:grovel: