BearsFansOnline Podcast // E04: Jordan Howard Drama

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

In E04 of the BFO Podcast, Chris and I discuss if we're seeing ghosts regarding the Jordan Howard trade rumors, hypothetical draft issues for #8 overall, and if Cameron Meredith will somehow not get matched by Ryan Pace.

LISTEN:
Thanks as always for listening, as well as your comments & criticism.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

James over Edmunds as a pass rusher. You drunk?
cblaz11
MVP

Lol...I was partially kidding, partially kind of serious that he has proven more in his ability to rush the edge then Edmunds.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

So your always drunk. Got it.
cblaz11
MVP

No, I just don't think Trumain Edmunds has the ability to be an edge rusher
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I am off work, going to try and drink enough to understand you. This will be a test, if i don't post in 4 hours i died of alcohol poisoning. Tell my kids i love them, tell the wife she drove me to this.

Good podcast though.
UOK
Site Admin

mmmc_35 wrote:I am off work, going to try and drink enough to understand you. This will be a test, if i don't post in 4 hours i died of alcohol poisoning. Tell my kids i love them, tell the wife she drove me to this.

Good podcast though.
cblaz11
MVP

Lol...good luck. I suggest Tequila..

Thanks!
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Really have been enjoying your podcasts guys. Probably the most entertaining fan content I've found since YouBoyRoy was streaming us the Grossman v/s Orton TC camp battle.
wab
Mod

Everyone sleeping on my guy Mason Rudolph.
wab
Mod

Couple thoughts:

1 - I disagree that Nelson absolutely can't play tackle in the NFL. I think he can, and the teams that have worked him out at OT think he can - at least a little. His primary position in the NFL will be guard, but he has the arm length, size, feet, and hips to play OT. The Raiders are a team that have been looking at him as an OT.

2 - You have several guys moving up into the top 10-12...but you haven't talked about guys that would drop. What are your thoughts on who will drop?
cblaz11
MVP

1- I don't think Nelson could be an above average starting tackle. If your drafting him, your taking him to play G IMO. Could he kick out in a pinch, of course. Would he be good? Not in my opinion...

2- I think Landry, McGlinchey, and Lamar could all go top 12. To me, the locks for top 12 are Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Chubb, Nelson, Minkah... that leaves 5 spots to be filled. I can see Derwin, Roquan, Edmunds, Ward, or Vea falling out of top 12 and Landry, McGlinchey, or Lamar jumping into the top 12. I'm not saying all three will, but it wouldn't shock me if any of those 3 go top 12.
cblaz11
MVP

If I had to guess 3 guys who don't go top 12...

Roquan
Vea
Derwin James
Nanky
Journeyman

cblaz11 wrote:1- I don't think Nelson could be an above average starting tackle. If your drafting him, your taking him to play G IMO. Could he kick out in a pinch, of course. Would he be good? Not in my opinion...

2- I think Landry, McGlinchey, and Lamar could all go top 12. To me, the locks for top 12 are Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Chubb, Nelson, Minkah... that leaves 5 spots to be filled. I can see Derwin, Roquan, Edmunds, Ward, or Vea falling out of top 12 and Landry, McGlinchey, or Lamar jumping into the top 12. I'm not saying all three will, but it wouldn't shock me if any of those 3 go top 12.
You can add Barkley into the Top 12 list.
cblaz11
MVP

Yep..forgot about him.
Adipost
MVP

cblaz11 wrote:1- I don't think Nelson could be an above average starting tackle. If your drafting him, your taking him to play G IMO. Could he kick out in a pinch, of course. Would he be good? Not in my opinion...

I don’t think Landry will be drafted in the top 20. He was getting absolutely manhandled last season.
Adipost
MVP

wab wrote:Everyone sleeping on my guy Mason Rudolph.
You’ll enjoy this
wab
Mod

Adipost wrote:
wab wrote:Everyone sleeping on my guy Mason Rudolph.
You’ll enjoy this
Yesssss.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:Really have been enjoying your podcasts guys. Probably the most entertaining fan content I've found since YouBoyRoy was streaming us the Grossman v/s Orton TC camp battle.
I agree, you guys are just as coherent as YourBoyRoy!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:

I don’t think Landry will be drafted in the top 20. He was getting absolutely manhandled last season.
I agree. Landry does nothing vs. the run but turn and chase.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
cblaz11
MVP

If he gets 10-12 sacks a year, I don't mind him being pedestrian vs the run. We need somone who's going to help get our D off the field on 3rd down.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

cblaz11 wrote:If he gets 10-12 sacks a year, I don't mind him being pedestrian vs the run. We need somone who's going to help get our D off the field on 3rd down.
But if you can keep successfully running at him, why would any opponent make him use his pass rush skills?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Again, as usual, excellent job.

Regarding drafting Barkley at #8 and trading Howard.

I would not trade Howard at all in that scenario unless if I'm offered something nuts like a first round pick. I would not deal him for a third. Obviously I would not be in favor of trading Howard simply to draft another RB with the specific pick that we acquired for him.

Keep in mind that Howard is still on a rookie deal. He has a 2018 cap hit of $692k.

Barkley and Howard would be the best tandem in the NFL. You could extend the careers and legs of both men, force defenses to play VERY honest against the pass, and take a huge load off of Biscuit with that tandem.

Nagy could have all kinds of fun with an offense that has Barkley, Howard, AR15, Meredith (we better sign him like now), and Gabriel.

We would still have the second round pick and two fourths to address OL.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

The Marshall Plan wrote:Again, as usual, excellent job.

I would not trade Howard at all in that scenario unless if I'm offered something nuts like a first round pick. I would not deal him for a third. Obviously I would not be in favor of trading Howard simply to draft another RB with the specific pick that we acquired for him.

Keep in mind that Howard is still on a rookie deal. He has a 2018 cap hit of $692k.

Barkley and Howard would be the best tandem in the NFL. You could extend the careers and legs of both men, force defenses to play VERY honest against the pass, and take a huge load off of Biscuit with that tandem.

Nagy could have all kinds of fun with an offense that has Barkley, Howard, AR15, Meredith (we better sign him like now), and Gabriel.

Look dude I love Howard, but it simply objective that Barkley is a superior RB/athlete/football player. If we were to have Barkley fall AND someone offered us a pick for Howard...it would be beyond silly to not take the upgrade. As far as rookie deals, this would be resetting the clock on that.

Why do you continue to call A. Robinson AR15? That isn't his number...
cblaz11
MVP

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:Again, as usual, excellent job.

Look dude I love Howard, but it simply objective that Barkley is a superior RB/athlete/football player. If we were to have Barkley fall AND someone offered us a pick for Howard...it would be beyond silly to not take the upgrade. As far as rookie deals, this would be resetting the clock on that.

Why do you continue to call A. Robinson AR15? That isn't his number...

It will be when we cut Bellamy.
Adipost
MVP

cblaz11 wrote:If he gets 10-12 sacks a year, I don't mind him being pedestrian vs the run. We need somone who's going to help get our D off the field on 3rd down.
I don’t think pedestrian is the word I would use...

https://gfycat.com/GroundedSparklingBluefish

And here is a RB manhandling Landry...

https://gfycat.com/DisastrousImaginaryHog

Here’s Landry looking clueless...

https://gfycat.com/merrylividicelandgull

And then there was the train wreck that was the Clemson game, where they simply ran right at Landry the entire game...

https://gfycat.com/UnimportantImmaculateDodo

https://gfycat.com/LateSardonicAsiantrumpetfish

https://gfycat.com/RemarkablePowerfulCatfish

https://gfycat.com/ClosedBleakCygnet

https://gfycat.com/NewShadyGreendarnerdragonfly

https://gfycat.com/RevolvingAfraidAntelopegroundsquirrel
cblaz11
MVP

It wasn't his best game...watch this clip though and you see pleanty of times he wins his matchup

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cblaz11
MVP

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crushed
cblaz11
MVP

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patriotswi ... block/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;