What happened to Kevin White? (video essay)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

[video][/video]
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

It would certainly be cool if the guy's prediction comes true. I wish I thought that would happen. I'm just not confident enough in his route running. If he could run routes like another 6'3" guy who we just let go of, I'd be a lot more excited.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

I've said it since he got injured the second time... this dude is going to be healthy and ball out his contract year, he's going to get paid here, and he's going to get hurt all over again.

I'm trying to be positive with him these days so maybe he balls out, gets paid, and goes on to have a wonderful Chicago Bears career.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

If he does not get hurt and balls out, I would predict any contract he get's offered anywhere is either very short, or has easy outs for injury.
G08
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:If he does not get hurt and balls out, I would predict any contract he get's offered anywhere is either very short, or has easy outs for injury.
I would hope so, something like escalators/payouts for games played or something like that.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:If he does not get hurt and balls out, I would predict any contract he get's offered anywhere is either very short, or has easy outs for injury.
I would hope so, something like escalators/payouts for games played or something like that.
I would put one caveat on this, if the browns do something completely opposite it doesn't count.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i'd guess at this point, if he has a good healthy year and someone offers him a huge contract, we'd probably get our first compensatory pick in what seems like forever (as opposed to trying to match).
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

lots of big if's
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

He has not looked all that impressive when he has been healthy.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
WagonForce
MVP

He's just so raw. Even *if* he can stay healthy, the guy just hasn't played a lot of football over the past three years. I'm sure he's watched tons of tape, worked out, etc. but all that time he would have been on the field learning, making mistakes and growing from them, he's been hurt. In a league like the NFL, where there's so little separating the players that succeed from the enormous scrap heap of incredible athletes/football players that just didn't quite make it, with there always being another crop of players working to break into the league each year, Kevin just has such a challenge to even become productive, let alone sniff delivering on the expectations of his draft position.

I would love to see the analysis from the video come true, and have Kevin breakout this year. I mean... so long as G08's prediction doesn't also turn out to be true (man that would suck).
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

my hope is White has his hallelujah moment and plays an entire season being a productive and entertaining aspect of the Bears offense

my expectation is by week 4 of the regular season he will strain, break or lose another body part and not be seen again until his next rehab video on a tropical island next off seasons
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Even I want to see Kevin White be successful, but I just don't see it happening. At best he's the #3 WR behind AR15 and Gabriel. A #7 overall pick needs to be the clear cut #1 WR. It's just a matter of how big of a bust he'll be in my opinion.
sturf
Journeyman

You never know with injuries, especially with freak stuff. There are players that look hopelessly injury prone that suddenly stay healthy for awhile. Bears fans can unfortunately remember someone like Marc Colombo who spent three years injured and then became a decent starter for a few seasons.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

WagonForce wrote:He's just so raw. Even *if* he can stay healthy, the guy just hasn't played a lot of football over the past three years. I'm sure he's watched tons of tape, worked out, etc. but all that time he would have been on the field learning, making mistakes and growing from them, he's been hurt. In a league like the NFL, where there's so little separating the players that succeed from the enormous scrap heap of incredible athletes/football players that just didn't quite make it, with there always being another crop of players working to break into the league each year, Kevin just has such a challenge to even become productive, let alone sniff delivering on the expectations of his draft position.

I would love to see the analysis from the video come true, and have Kevin breakout this year. I mean... so long as G08's prediction doesn't also turn out to be true (man that would suck).
The thing is you don't draft a WR at number 7 to be a developmental player.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
wab
Mod

I'm choosing to be hopeful about White. It's about time the Bears had some luck, and him having success would be a great story.