BLOG: Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

https://1985edition.com/2018/04/13/alwa ... e-of-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today I go over what I feel like Pace has done well in terms of the draft and free agency. Thanks for reading.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Nice post! I was looking at the list and thinking that I'm glad that our good players are also good guys. It's much easier to be a fan, even though we haven't had many wins lately.
xyt in the discord chats
wab
Mod

I still hate Jonathan Bullard.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I still hate Jonathan Bullard.
Hate is a big word that I like to avoid. But you're prone to strong words. :-P

When we drafted him, he looked like a 3T guy to me that doesn't fit well. He still does Others said I was short sighted as we're in sub packages a lot and we could use his skill set. I can see that POV. Was I wrong to think that he was a poor fit? Do we just not utilize his skill set? Or is he just flat out not so good? I'm not so sure which explanation works the best or if it's a combination, but it seems like I wasn't far off in not liking our choosing him. Maybe I was just lucky in my assessment. What do I know? :-P
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

I think you're going to be seeing a lot of him this season my frent.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:
Hate is a big word that I like to avoid. But you're prone to strong words. :-P

When we drafted him, he looked like a 3T guy to me that doesn't fit well. He still does Others said I was short sighted as we're in sub packages a lot and we could use his skill set. I can see that POV. Was I wrong to think that he was a poor fit? Do we just not utilize his skill set? Or is he just flat out not so good? I'm not so sure which explanation works the best or if it's a combination, but it seems like I wasn't far off in not liking our choosing him. Maybe I was just lucky in my assessment. What do I know? :-P
Yes his body type indicated a 3T. He has a quick first step. Many thought he would be used to 1 gap in sub packages. He wasn't an anchor guy in college. He was used like Mitch but has a different skill set.

Now he does have long arms and if he added some sand in his pants he could progress. It has always been square peg player though.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:https://1985edition.com/2018/04/13/alwa ... e-of-life/

Today I go over what I feel like Pace has done well in terms of the draft and free agency. Thanks for reading.

I like it. It's nice to read something positive about the Bears. I have always been a Kwiatkowski fan, and I think that he is going to prove to be a VERY serviceable LB.