Happy Birthday Kay!

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

It's fun. Don't judge me. :-P
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

It is kind of interesting how Biscuit doesn't like to look at the camera all the time. He's clearly focusing on giving the "right" answers.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Good Morning Football has to be the worst sports related show I think I have ever seen. Burleson is the only one on there worth having. The woman, please, she is just an ok pretty face. One of the guys was on MTV Real World and now he is on an NFL sanctioned program!! So sad. I watch Mike Florio every morning instead.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Good Morning Football has to be the worst sports related show I think I have ever seen.
haven't watched it, but are you saying it is actually worse than the Skip Bayless / Stephen A Smith show was?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Richie
MVP

Otis Day wrote:Good Morning Football has to be the worst sports related show I think I have ever seen. Burleson is the only one on there worth having. The woman, please, she is just an ok pretty face. One of the guys was on MTV Real World and now he is on an NFL sanctioned program!! So sad. I watch Mike Florio every morning instead.
I actually think the show is fine. Burleson is good and the chick is 10x better than most of the female hosts they try to throw on NFL shows. She doesn't come off like she's trying too hard to be like "Hey, guys! I know what I'm talking about too!" Even the dorky white guy is solid.

Look, it is what it is. It's a mainstream, light-hearted show aimed for the broadest demo possible. However, out of the shows like it... relatively speaking... I think it's good.
Richie
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
Otis Day wrote:Good Morning Football has to be the worst sports related show I think I have ever seen.
haven't watched it, but are you saying it is actually worse than the Skip Bayless / Stephen A Smith show was?
I mean, that show was a smash-hit. I would never watch a single second, but it was a "shock value" show that appealed to the lowest common denominator of sports fans.

People who take either of those guys seriously are kind of missing the point. They were basically doing a performance on that show. They didn't believe half of the shit they said. Their goal was to say something that would go viral within the hour and typically - it'd work.

It's dog shit sports talk. However, both of those guys are kind of masters at what they do.
G08
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
Otis Day wrote:Good Morning Football has to be the worst sports related show I think I have ever seen. Burleson is the only one on there worth having. The woman, please, she is just an ok pretty face. One of the guys was on MTV Real World and now he is on an NFL sanctioned program!! So sad. I watch Mike Florio every morning instead.
I actually think the show is fine. Burleson is good and the chick is 10x better than most of the female hosts they try to throw on NFL shows. She doesn't come off like she's trying too hard to be like "Hey, guys! I know what I'm talking about too!" Even the dorky white guy is solid.

Look, it is what it is. It's a mainstream, light-hearted show aimed for the broadest demo possible. However, out of the shows like it... relatively speaking... I think it's good.
The chick and the frat boy are Bears fans so I like that we are getting more coverage and 'love'.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
I mean, that show was a smash-hit. I would never watch a single second, but it was a "shock value" show that appealed to the lowest common denominator of sports fans.

People who take either of those guys seriously are kind of missing the point. They were basically doing a performance on that show. They didn't believe half of the shit they said. Their goal was to say something that would go viral within the hour and typically - it'd work.

It's dog shit sports talk. However, both of those guys are kind of masters at what they do.

I suppose so ... but I found them to be unwatchable
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Richie
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
Richie wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

I suppose so ... but I found them to be unwatchable
Yeah, I certainly agree with you there. It was beyond obnoxious.
Adipost
MVP

Richie wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

On that show, Skip Bayless used to constantly rip into Aaron Rodgers and heap praise after praise on Jay Cutler. It was pretty amusing, I tell you what.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

I largely agree and pretty well put. But I'd call Bayless the master and he just says "what I say... say the opposite.".

malk
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
Richie wrote:

The chick and the frat boy are Bears fans so I like that we are getting more coverage and 'love'.
Kay Adams and Nate Burleson are really good on it. Schrager is fine. Frat Brandt is nails on blackboard annoying, even if he is a Bears fan. Still, I find the youtube highlights entertaining as background watching when I've got time to kill.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)