Nagy post practice comments

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
UOK wrote:
G08 wrote:I could be wrong but I think Kevin White switched his jersey number to 17
Looked like it: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No other receiver has dreads like that.
I'm still dreaming of a world where White stays healthy all year and finally realizes his potential. I will continue that dream until it is officially dead.

FWIW - Hoge and Jahns podcast had a couple comments about how 'fast' White looked in the practice yesterday - and how they couldn't say that about him in TC last season.

At the very least it sounds like he got his body ready. Now he just needs a little luck.
Somebody, who escapes me (maybe Pace?), said that White's injury that ended his 2017 was in some ways "beneficial" in that it wasn't to his legs. Being relatively immobile for months while recovering must weaken the shit out of your legs and is perhaps part of why his upper body is so shredded - couldn't work out anything else for basically two years. Now that he's had a full offseason of his legs available to him he can work on his overall fitness and muscle/core/etc.
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
UOK wrote:
G08 wrote:I could be wrong but I think Kevin White switched his jersey number to 17

I'm still dreaming of a world where White stays healthy all year and finally realizes his potential. I will continue that dream until it is officially dead.

FWIW - Hoge and Jahns podcast had a couple comments about how 'fast' White looked in the practice yesterday - and how they couldn't say that about him in TC last season.

At the very least it sounds like he got his body ready. Now he just needs a little luck.
Somebody, who escapes me (maybe Pace?), said that White's injury that ended his 2017 was in some ways "beneficial" in that it wasn't to his legs. Being relatively immobile for months while recovering must weaken the shit out of your legs and is perhaps part of why his upper body is so shredded - couldn't work out anything else for basically two years. Now that he's had a full offseason of his legs available to him he can work on his overall fitness and muscle/core/etc.
It was Pace. He also said that White has been working diligently on his route running and quickness. Even in that 4 second blurb of him yesterday I thought he looked very quick on his jerk route. I liked it.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote:
Moriarty wrote:Problem 2: When he says "multiple facets to it besides money and injury", I hear "I want the ball going to my guys & Pace wants the accolades going to his higher-profile acquisitions", which is disturbing.
That's a creative interpretation, when in truth he said nothing remotely like this.

But they're you're ears, I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He may have not directly said it, but multiple facets not including injury or money. Seems like moriaty version has legs
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

who's this #81? he's adorable:

(tanner gentry is #19 and is 6'1", so i dont think it's him. no #81 listed on the bear's official roster) I think he might be some coach's kid at fantasy camp.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/c ... llery.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

could it be Braverman?
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote:
UOK wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
UOK wrote:

It was Pace. He also said that White has been working diligently on his route running and quickness. Even in that 4 second blurb of him yesterday I thought he looked very quick on his jerk route. I liked it.
"Come on Charlie Brown, kick the ball. I won't pull it away this time." --- Lucy
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:could it be Braverman?
he's currently on the chief's practice squad.
wab
Mod

Prob just some dude they had in for a tryout.
Nanky
Journeyman

wab wrote:Prob just some dude they had in for a tryout.
Is he our next Great White Hope? We need a name dammit!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

WElker making a comeback? Phil McConkey's kid?
docc
Head Coach

Of course..Bears "Great White Hope" is named Kevin..
UOK
Site Admin

AMOS

⁃ Nagy encourages players to represent the team and wear team-issued gear all the time.
⁃ Allen Robinson is an intense competitor. He and Amos were roommates in college and worked out together in offseasons past. Highlights his routes, ability to separate. Wants to win every rep.
⁃ He's more comfortable, same mentality as always but working to get more detail-oriented.
⁃ Doesn't put any thought into the contract negotiations and rumors.
⁃ Communication feels 'more advanced' now among position groups on defense. Knowing responsibilities of other positions. Vic emphasizes why the defense does what based on the offense presented: Learning routes, concepts, studying film, context, etc.

NAGY

⁃ Better than expected all around so far. Next week will be more individually-focused on players.
⁃ Learning more about players personalities and connecting more as they're teaching them the game. Establishing routine and familiarity.
⁃ Biggest change as head coach so far is not being so focused as a positional coach on one group. The transition hasn't been overwhelming, just strange and getting used to it more every day.
⁃ Focusing heavily on fundamentals - breaking huddle and lining up cleanly. No overthinking is key.
⁃ Adam Shaheen's size and ball skills are highlights, and has good hands. Could be a very useful tool in the red zone.
⁃ Trubisky's focus described as "immense." Can see Mitch dissecting plays mentally between snaps.
⁃ Chase Daniel is valuable in classroom setting and answering Mitch's questions in downtime between drills/classes. Gives Daniel credit for his role as an educational utility and his preparation to be called upon when needed.
⁃ Trubisky's leadership is growing, but emphasized that needs to forget expectations. At a point where he's feeling all the eyes on him, but it's not a negative. Just part of the process.
⁃ Floyd's injury he doesn't have much info on but what he's heard doesn't have him concerned.
⁃ Aaron Lynch's injury progress is better than they thought.
⁃ Warns that they're not looking ahead too much in regards to the schedule, and focusing on games as they come. (this was prior to schedule release)
⁃ Can't simulate the speed of the game, and the experience of last year may be valuable to Mitch's development, but that's not indicative of translating into a huge progression. Depends on the player.
⁃ Whitehair at center is a "general," very comfortable as a C. Confident and hungry to get better, and handling responsibility. Learning a lot from Heistand.

TRUBISKY

⁃ Focusing on absorbing playbook and building chemistry with offense.
⁃ Nagy has excitement, passion, authentic. Keeps it real. "Awesome." Team is buying in.
⁃ Feels like the most valuable way to learn is from the field and subsequently studying film.
⁃ Emphasizes defense had a great week and is making the offense earn it.
⁃ Tyler Bray and Chase Daniel were great resources, as were Ragone, Nagy, and Heilfrich. They're with him all the time helping him with the offense.
⁃ Helfrich is very intelligent and detail oriented - eyes, feet, etc.
⁃ Ragone and Mitch have good relationship, knows Mitch better than anyone in building. Great teacher.
⁃ Knows more than he did last year, but still learning. Excited for team's potential and doesn't want to waste any opportunity every day. Would be doing teammates and himself a disservice if he didn't give things his best all the time.
⁃ Nagy pulls him aside and gives him glimpses of how much is left to learn conceptually in his offense, and it's exciting. Kind of a "carrot on a string" to keep Mitch motivated while they're learning the basics.
⁃ Feels natural to be in the RPO. Lots of concepts that will utilize his talent and what comes naturally to him, but still learning.
⁃ Said he would go BPA in the draft. Believes in the front office to do what's best in the draft.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

How about a head coach actually engaging with the media by answering questions instead of the John Fox nothing-speak?

How refreshing is that?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.