Nagy post practice comments

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Z Bear
MVP

wab wrote:In this scenario, Kush is your center.
:puke:

I'd prefer him as the swing guard on the bench with Whitehair at C and Nelson at LG.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Guess this makes our draft needs bigger in DL now. Maybe Morgan can play center?
thunderspirit
Head Coach

wab wrote:Coward to guard is interesting.
Very.

I thought Coward had potential, at his size, to develop into a backup NT. He does move pretty well so I can see the notion for the switch. We'll see if anything comes of it.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Dug up in my UDFA notes from last year: Coward's arm length measured 33 5/8" at his pro day, with 9 1/2" arms and a 79 3/4" wingspan. Physically, he has some tools to work with.
KFFL refugee.

G08
Hall of Famer

White looks quick

Shaheen looks like he slimmed down a bit -- good!

[video][/video]
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote:Guess this makes our draft needs bigger in DL now. Maybe Morgan can play center?
Or DL? :-P
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Looks like I saw Kevin White wearing #11 in the video above.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Image
  • Cam Meredith's departure had multiple facets to it besides money and injury

Problem 1: The spin is already changing - 2 days ago, everyone was talking about how it was totally 100% a medical decision.

Problem 2: When he says "multiple facets to it besides money and injury", I hear "I want the ball going to my guys & Pace wants the accolades going to his higher-profile acquisitions", which is disturbing.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

Where did the Bears say anything about it being 100% money?
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Problem 2: When he says "multiple facets to it besides money and injury", I hear "I want the ball going to my guys & Pace wants the accolades going to his higher-profile acquisitions", which is disturbing.
UOK
Site Admin

I may have misquoted Nagy too drastically. The quote is something far more innocuous.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/mat ... d-improve/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“The depth right now could improve — that’s the obvious answer,” Nagy said Tuesday, nine days before the start of the NFL draft. “But again, you have guys in this room, you say today there are guys who are there and you don’t want to slight them. You have to give them every opportunity.

“What we’ll do – what (general manager) Ryan (Pace) and I will do, we’ll talk to the staff and figure out which direction we want to go. But you really can’t have enough wide receivers.”

“His biggest question mark is of his injury with his knee,” Nagy said of Meredith, who tore the anterior cruciate ligament and partially tore the medial collateral ligament in his left knee during the Bears’ third preseason game last year. “That’s the No. 1 thing. You’ve got to see where you’re at with that. And then you’ve got to go into the fit and where he’s at and different things.”
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
G08 wrote:I could be wrong but I think Kevin White switched his jersey number to 17
Looked like it: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No other receiver has dreads like that.
I'm still dreaming of a world where White stays healthy all year and finally realizes his potential. I will continue that dream until it is officially dead.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Moriarty wrote:Problem 2: When he says "multiple facets to it besides money and injury", I hear "I want the ball going to my guys & Pace wants the accolades going to his higher-profile acquisitions", which is disturbing.
That's a creative interpretation, when in truth he said nothing remotely like this.

But they're you're ears, I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
KFFL refugee.

WP.1
Player of the Month

UOK wrote:
  • Cody Whitehair he feels like is better suited for guard than center
Where is this comment from Nagy ?
cblaz11
MVP

I really fear that their going to jam Grasu on us...The guy has really been disappointing so far. From his injuries and lack of strength, to his inability to execute consistently, I'm concerned if he's starting at C next year.
wab
Mod

Jesus. Lose Cam Meredith and apparently everyone has spurs on everything that’s been done to this point.

I mean. It’s Cam Meredith guys.
UOK
Site Admin

WP.1 wrote:
UOK wrote:
  • Cody Whitehair he feels like is better suited for guard than center
Where is this comment from Nagy ?
I misquoted a tweet from a Bears beat reporter - they were talking about Coward, not Whitehair. That's my mistake.

I've updated the original post with quotes from the press conference nearly verbatim. I'm not doing this again.
G08
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote:
Moriarty wrote:Problem 2: When he says "multiple facets to it besides money and injury", I hear "I want the ball going to my guys & Pace wants the accolades going to his higher-profile acquisitions", which is disturbing.
That's a creative interpretation, when in truth he said nothing remotely like this.

I thought the exact same thing but didn't want to say anything :lol:

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:

I thought the exact same thing but didn't want to say anything :lol:

I fucked up by adding my interpretations, which won't happen again, because I'm not going to go through press conferences like this again since it all comes back to me as people expect a stenographer.

My bad.
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
UOK wrote:
G08 wrote:I could be wrong but I think Kevin White switched his jersey number to 17

I'm still dreaming of a world where White stays healthy all year and finally realizes his potential. I will continue that dream until it is officially dead.

FWIW - Hoge and Jahns podcast had a couple comments about how 'fast' White looked in the practice yesterday - and how they couldn't say that about him in TC last season.

At the very least it sounds like he got his body ready. Now he just needs a little luck.
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
UOK
Site Admin

Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
UOK wrote:

FWIW - Hoge and Jahns podcast had a couple comments about how 'fast' White looked in the practice yesterday - and how they couldn't say that about him in TC last season.

At the very least it sounds like he got his body ready. Now he just needs a little luck.
Somebody, who escapes me (maybe Pace?), said that White's injury that ended his 2017 was in some ways "beneficial" in that it wasn't to his legs. Being relatively immobile for months while recovering must weaken the shit out of your legs and is perhaps part of why his upper body is so shredded - couldn't work out anything else for basically two years. Now that he's had a full offseason of his legs available to him he can work on his overall fitness and muscle/core/etc.
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
UOK wrote:

Somebody, who escapes me (maybe Pace?), said that White's injury that ended his 2017 was in some ways "beneficial" in that it wasn't to his legs. Being relatively immobile for months while recovering must weaken the shit out of your legs and is perhaps part of why his upper body is so shredded - couldn't work out anything else for basically two years. Now that he's had a full offseason of his legs available to him he can work on his overall fitness and muscle/core/etc.
It was Pace. He also said that White has been working diligently on his route running and quickness. Even in that 4 second blurb of him yesterday I thought he looked very quick on his jerk route. I liked it.

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote:

He may have not directly said it, but multiple facets not including injury or money. Seems like moriaty version has legs
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

who's this #81? he's adorable:

(tanner gentry is #19 and is 6'1", so i dont think it's him. no #81 listed on the bear's official roster) I think he might be some coach's kid at fantasy camp.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/c ... llery.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

could it be Braverman?
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote:
UOK wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
UOK wrote:

It was Pace. He also said that White has been working diligently on his route running and quickness. Even in that 4 second blurb of him yesterday I thought he looked very quick on his jerk route. I liked it.
"Come on Charlie Brown, kick the ball. I won't pull it away this time." --- Lucy
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:could it be Braverman?
he's currently on the chief's practice squad.
wab
Mod

Prob just some dude they had in for a tryout.
Nanky
Journeyman

wab wrote:Prob just some dude they had in for a tryout.
Is he our next Great White Hope? We need a name dammit!