NFL.com ranks Ryan Pace last among GMs w/ experience

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote:bbq'd meatballs is one of my all time favorite party snacks. i do mine with BBQ, a little Franks, some sauerkraut, and grape jelly. I know it sounds weird... but dayum.
Had never considered BBQ sauce and grape jelly, but many BBQs are raisin based in their sauce so it makes sense. Even BBQs not raisin based would generally mix those two sweets well. Bravo to you sir for innovating.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Nanky wrote:
crueltyabc wrote:Otis makes some good points, though I'd add Trevathan to the list of good players and I'm inclined to count Robinson because he's a known good player. On the other hand, how much credit does he deserve for Hicks, Trevathan, and Robinson? Lots of teams wanted those guys... it wasn't a brilliant player eval coup for him. That's why I was talking about "surprise wins". Howard, Jackson, Whitehair, and Cohen represent smart draft picks that maybe another GM doesn't make.

Also don't sleep on asian meatballs. Here's a great recipe you can make at home if you have a Whole Foods or asian grocery nearby that can sell you a little bit of lemongrass, or if you're a Blue Apron member then you should put it your queue.
Pace deserves a lot of credit for signing Hicks, signed him purely based on potential and it's worked out perfectly! He wasn't a big name free agent in any way when he first signed with the Bears.
I remembered liking him and being upset that the saints let him go, but you're right... two teams let him go for a borderline starter deal. That's a good find considering he's a top tier starter now. Credit duly assigned
xyt in the discord chats
IotaNet
MVP

crueltyabc wrote:Exactly why I'm here my dude. Credit to you and the mods for keeping the board generally meatball free
[video][/video]
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:bbq'd meatballs is one of my all time favorite party snacks. i do mine with BBQ, a little Franks, some sauerkraut, and grape jelly. I know it sounds weird... but dayum.
Mine are tortilla chips and almost any kind of dip. I have no self control when it comes to that stuff. I deliberately leave the bag in the pantry and grab handfuls at a time.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I kind of figured the response to this would be to brush it off. I pretty much agree.

However the wins vs hit rate. GMs get graded on both. Truth is in a worst to first league where rebuilds don't exist, Pace hasn't succeeded. Right wrong indifferent.

I am very neutral about Pace. Off the top of my head I would give him a C grade. 4 years cap friendly situation high draft picks. Production needs to happen, excuses need to end.