Bears 2018 Schedule

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

LacertineForest
MVP

Early to middle part of the season looks soft, but the last half will be tough.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

So we start out 8-0 looks like.....

Ok maybe 6-2
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Very happy with this schedule. We need some easy games at the beginning while players learn the new offense
xyt in the discord chats
Richie
MVP

I would much rather get the GB road game in week 1. No film on our new offense. Chance to take them by surprise in a multitude of different ways. We have to play them there anyways. Might as well make it then.

AFC East consecutively is so odd...

Love me some Thanksgiving Bears

Don't like the early bye. Don't like finishing in Minny for the 3rd straight year. Don't like 4 of our last 6 on the road.

Don't like that the late schedule is stacked up with our toughest games. However, if I had to choose. I'll take a lighter first half and a chance to build some confidence. Polar opposite of last year when our first half schedule was ridiculous.
Richie
MVP

Adipost wrote:
UOK wrote:@RobDemovsky

First bit of schedule news to report: The Packers will indeed open their 100th season at home in prime time. And it will be against the rival Bears. They'll also be home Week 17 against the Lions to close.
When was the last time the Bears didn’t play a prime time game in Green Bay?
That would be 2004.
Nanky
Journeyman

easily 16-0 . . .
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

That schedule is shit. Four AFC games in a row and four of the final six games on the road.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:@RobDemovsky

First bit of schedule news to report: The Packers will indeed open their 100th season at home in prime time. And it will be against the rival Bears. They'll also be home Week 17 against the Lions to close.
Great opportunity to shit in the Packers mouth.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Wk 1- @ GB (SNF)
Wk 2- SEA (MNF)
Wk 3- @ AZ
Wk 4- TB
Wk 5- ---Bye---
Wk 6- @ MIA
Wk 7- NE
Wk 8- NYJ
Wk 9- @ BUF
Wk 10- DET
Wk 11- MIN
Wk 12- @ DET (Thanksgiving)
Wk 13- @ NYG
Wk 14- LAR
Wk 15- GB
Wk 16- @ SF
Wk 17- @ MIN

-----

Times and official schedule crap should be out by 7-8pm tonight.
We have a really good chance to start the season 4-0 or 4-1. We could have 10 or 11 wins if the defense doesn't regress.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

small complaints byt I like the schedule. Love Sunday GB week 1. I hope I don't work because that sounds like fun. I like thanksgiving game. Adds a bye week going into the last portion. Could very well end up having a decent record.
UOK
Site Admin

wab
Mod

That’s a rough schedule.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

5-11
Richie
MVP

I don't understand how that's a tough schedule. Getting a little tired of hearing that every single season. Our division is tough. We're going to have it a bit rougher than a lot of teams in that regard. However, playing the AFC East and NFC west is NOT some daunting task.

If I had to hand-pick one division from each conference. Those might be it. Although, you could argue NFC east without a doubt.

With the AFCE, you obviously get New England... but outside of that? You get three winnable games. Everyone outside of LA in the west is very winnable. SF could be good, but it's a total question mark. Seattle should easily take a step back. We also get them at home, which is a lot better. Arizona is in rebuild mode.

Then we have two winnable extra NFC games home vs TB and road vs NYG. I mean, come on... This just isn't that bad guys. Let's also keep in mind, our two toughest games outside of the division (LA/NE) are both at home. Which lessens the blow.

Especially the way it is structured. Yeah, you have 4 of your last 6 on the road. However, also a nice home-stretch in the middle. The first 11 weeks or so, though. Yeah, NE and GB is tough... but I think we have a GREAT chance of starting out hot. AZ/TB is a super winnable stretch. If we can just split SEA/GB - we could be 3-1 into the bye.

Then, the AFC East and home vs Detroit out of that bye. I just don't see where this is that bad. I think some of you are asking for way too much here.
britbear
Player of the Month

Apparently it's tied for the 8th toughest strength of schedule (GB has the toughest). That said, strength of schedule is always meaningless, as it's only looking at next season based on last year. I tend to ignore all of that nonsense. The only time strength of schedule means anything is at the end of the season looking back, not forwards.
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:I don't understand how that's a tough schedule. Getting a little tired of hearing that every single season. Our division is tough. We're going to have it a bit rougher than a lot of teams in that regard. However, playing the AFC East and NFC west is NOT some daunting task.

If I had to hand-pick one division from each conference. Those might be it. Although, you could argue NFC east without a doubt.

With the AFCE, you obviously get New England... but outside of that? You get three winnable games. Everyone outside of LA in the west is very winnable. SF could be good, but it's a total question mark. Seattle should easily take a step back. We also get them at home, which is a lot better. Arizona is in rebuild mode.

Then we have two winnable extra NFC games home vs TB and road vs NYG. I mean, come on... This just isn't that bad guys. Let's also keep in mind, our two toughest games outside of the division (LA/NE) are both at home. Which lessens the blow.

Especially the way it is structured. Yeah, you have 4 of your last 6 on the road. However, also a nice home-stretch in the middle. The first 11 weeks or so, though. Yeah, NE and GB is tough... but I think we have a GREAT chance of starting out hot. AZ/TB is a super winnable stretch. If we can just split SEA/GB - we could be 3-1 into the bye.

Then, the AFC East and home vs Detroit out of that bye. I just don't see where this is that bad. I think some of you are asking for way too much here.
actually i can say 100% seriously, since you're new here, that this is maybe the most optimistic i've ever seen a schedule thread. if our schedule was just the browns 16 times people would still be planning on us getting the number one pick next year.
BR0D1E86
MVP

RING4CHI wrote:5-11
Eh, Seattle is going to fall off big time, Arizona is rebuilding, Tampa is very mediocre, Miami is terrible, the Jets should be mediocre at best, the Bills are mediocre at best, the Giants should be bad, LA obviously real tough and who knows with SF. Then the division games. Our non div games aren’t too bad.

To not win at least 7 would be a big disappointment. And we could easily win a couple more.
G08
Hall of Famer

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fun look at the offense Nagy was coordinating last season... I'm gonna go get a towel.

EDIT: I also think Alex Smith is criminally underrated.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:

Fun look at the offense Nagy was coordinating last season... I'm gonna go get a towel.

EDIT: I also think Alex Smith is criminally underrated.
ohh great stuff. the plays showing how kelce and tyreek compliment each other really make it feel like while everyone was saying pace was building the saints offense last year taking shaheen and cohen, maybe we shoulda been lookin at KC. spooky.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Someone is going to have to explain what's not to like about Sunday Night/Monday Night/Thanksgiving Day games. For those of us not in the Chicago market, it's a way to guarantee we'll get the Bears games broadcasted where we are.

Also, when Nagy broke the schedule to the team, the three games that got any sort of reaction was those three games.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ormazd
MVP

Rough schedule overall. Division is probably the toughest in the NFL, and anything better than 1-5 will be surprising. This team could be quite improved and still go no better than 7-9.
Richie
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Richie wrote:I don't understand how that's a tough schedule. Getting a little tired of hearing that every single season. Our division is tough. We're going to have it a bit rougher than a lot of teams in that regard. However, playing the AFC East and NFC west is NOT some daunting task.

actually i can say 100% seriously, since you're new here, that this is maybe the most optimistic i've ever seen a schedule thread. if our schedule was just the browns 16 times people would still be planning on us getting the number one pick next year.
Haha. Fair enough. First time I've been around for the schedule release here.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I don't like the early season bye week, but other than I'm ok with this
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Nanky
Journeyman

I'm headed to the opener in Green Bay . . . purchased my tickets last night! Anyone have useful info for a first timer to GB?
UOK
Site Admin

Nanky wrote:I'm headed to the opener in Green Bay . . . purchased my tickets last night! Anyone have useful info for a first timer to GB?
Be prepared to be underwhelmed. It's just kind of a town. Milwaukee is infinitely more awesome. By leaps and bounds.
Nanky
Journeyman

UOK wrote:
Nanky wrote:I'm headed to the opener in Green Bay . . . purchased my tickets last night! Anyone have useful info for a first timer to GB?
Be prepared to be underwhelmed. It's just kind of a town. Milwaukee is infinitely more awesome. By leaps and bounds.
Do they have a bunch of tailgating before game at the field . . . anything like that?
thunderspirit
Head Coach

If you hear banjos, paddle faster. :D

Green Bay is actually a small town of about 100k people. Looks and feels like one. Not much "happening" as it were. If you're a sportsman type, there's loads of that sort of thing available not far from it at all.

Packers HoF and Lambeau tour are both worthwhile. You'll take no small amount of grief when (not IF) you wear your Bears stuff, but still, history is history. There's like a railroad museum up there too, I think.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
UOK
Site Admin

Nanky wrote:
UOK wrote:
Do they have a bunch of tailgating before game at the field . . . anything like that?
Oh. I have no idea - never been to a game up there, only visited a couple times over the years during the offseason. Football is all they have there, so I imagine their tailgaiting experience should be solid.

http://www.packers.com/gameday/gameday-information.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This page has a good amount of info on their setup.
wab
Mod

Sports bars. Lots and lots of sports bars. That's...... about it.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I went to a game at Lambeau about 3 years ago. If you've been to a game at Soldier, it's a really different kind of experience. Lambeau is in the middle of town. We had a friend of ours drop us off about 3/4 mile from the stadium and just walked there. That worked out pretty well and I'd recommend that if you can make it happen as traffic is nuts approaching and immediately after game time.

They do the tailgate thing at the stadium. Many people sit in their yards tailgating around the stadium, too. They have little pop up places where you can get a sandwich and a beer right by the stadium instead of having to haul a grill out there. We did that and I'd recommend it.

It's kinda interesting to be surrounded by houses where you can just walk down the a residential street a block from the stadium. I was in my Mike Brown #30 jersey and one drunk guy in the neighborhood came marching down his driveway toward me after the game, but his 2 buddies drug him back.

I'd say I was pleasantly surprised that I was treated reasonably well by the fans there. Of course they tossed comments at me, but you expect that. Nobody touched me, spit on me or threw beer on me. Nothing like that. I laughed with the people who gave me grief and almost every time it was a respectful exchange.

Hope you have fun! :)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.