Bears 2018 Schedule

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I have had a few buddies go to games in GB and said they were treated rather well. The caught grief but in a good natured way and when the Bears are a losing team (when they) what is there to say. they were offered food from the GB tailgaters and groups of Pack and Bears fans partied next to each other and got along. They had a great time.

I have been to Soldier Field about 5x and the opposing teams fans are treated much worse in Chicago.

Tailgated in St Louis and that was a blast. Good fans and always had a good back and forth.
GSH
MVP

Bears fans travel well too. Ive been to bears road games in san diego and arizona and bears fans legitimately appeared to outnumber the home fans in tailgating and in the stadium by quite a margin.
Z Bear
MVP

I know myself and 3 other Bears fans will be in Miami on 10/14!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I hope everyone in the Chicago area is thinking about going to training camp this year. I am and if some of us are there the same day....................
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:I hope everyone in the Chicago area is thinking about going to training camp this year. I am and if some of us are there the same day....................
I go every single year... wouldn't mind meeting up with some of ya'll!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I hope everyone in the Chicago area is thinking about going to training camp this year. I am and if some of us are there the same day....................
I go every single year... wouldn't mind meeting up with some of ya'll!
I’ll be going as well.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Haven't been to training camp since the Platteville days.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
docc
Head Coach

Would love to..but 1700 miles is a long commute..
GSH
MVP

somebody on the bears reddit page made a pretty cool collection of 2018 schedule desktop / wallpaper / background things for anyone interested:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richie
MVP

Otis Day wrote:I have had a few buddies go to games in GB and said they were treated rather well. The caught grief but in a good natured way and when the Bears are a losing team (when they) what is there to say. they were offered food from the GB tailgaters and groups of Pack and Bears fans partied next to each other and got along. They had a great time.

I have been to Soldier Field about 5x and the opposing teams fans are treated much worse in Chicago.

Tailgated in St Louis and that was a blast. Good fans and always had a good back and forth.
Green Bay fans are honestly great. Never been treated so well. I went to the game in 2014 where we got utterly embarrassed too and I only got shit ONCE. On the way out and it wasn't even bad.

Their fans invited my friends and I into their tailgate. It was awesome.
wab
Mod

Richie wrote:
Otis Day wrote:I have had a few buddies go to games in GB and said they were treated rather well. The caught grief but in a good natured way and when the Bears are a losing team (when they) what is there to say. they were offered food from the GB tailgaters and groups of Pack and Bears fans partied next to each other and got along. They had a great time.

Green Bay fans are honestly great. Never been treated so well. I went to the game in 2014 where we got utterly embarrassed too and I only got shit ONCE. On the way out and it wasn't even bad.

Their fans invited my friends and I into their tailgate. It was awesome.
This is the truth. Say what you want about the Packers as a team...we have to hate them. But overall their fans are pretty good people. Based on my experience going to many many games in Chicago, Bears fans are pretty middle of the road when it comes to how they treat opposing teams fans.

Cowboys fans are also pretty hospitable.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

The one game I went to in Lambo in 2003 ish they where not as hospitable as you say. Maybe it's because the Bears were up at half. (If Roosevelt Williams wasn't so slow he would have sealed the game with a pick 6 before half) Packer fans threw beer at me. Bears end up losing, and I heard about it from every fan walking out.

To be fair I had a blast though.
malagabears
Journeyman

Howdi all, 2nd post of what I hope will be many. I hope the Bears have a greatbseason and make the playoffs. GO BEARS!!!
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I'm still going to maintain that I don't think this is a playoff team in 2018 - not because we don't have talent - I just think we have a lot of young, inexperienced talent that hasn't been battle tested and we are in a really tough division. I think we win 2 division games and win 5 non-division games - 7-9 is my prediction.

I do think we'll be in playoff contention with another offseason and the 2nd year in Nagy's offense in 2019.
Never Die Easy
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

being a habitual Kool Aid abuser, I'm going with 10-6 and the Bears as a surprise Wild Card team

as someone else noted in a different thread, Chase Daniels running the offense led an effective offense against KC's starters ... and KC is pretty good, so that was a legitimate litmus test in my opinion

I'm ready to see Trubisky rock and roll in 2018

:thumbsup:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Middleguard
MVP

According to recent prognostications, the Bears have a much more favorable schedule than I thought when I first saw it (except for the Bye, which is not only too early, but badly placed to interrupt a winning streak). I currently have the Bears ranked #20, yet I have them winning a solid 8 games: 2.4 in the division and 5.6 outside.

The highest I've seen the Bears ranked is #16 by Walterfootball which makes a point of calling the Bears underrated. At 16, I have the Bears with 9 wins: 2.8 in the division and 6.2 outside.