Bears add DE, cut WR

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Under the radar moves I guess.
Bears cut Mekale McKay, sign Nicholas Williams
Posted by Charean Williams on April 20, 2018, 5:39 PM EDT

Williams, 28, has not played in the NFL since 2016 when he played in five games with the Chiefs and five games with the Dolphins. In three seasons, he has appeared in 21 games.

McKay, 24, spent the last two weeks of the 2017 season on the Bears’ practice squad. He has never played in an NFL game.

He originally signed with the Colts as undrafted free agent in 2016. Indianapolis waived him out of the preseason, and he spent a few weeks on the Jaguars’ practice squad. McKay also has spent time with the Broncos and Titans.
Middleguard
MVP

Actually, the Bears' website released this news on the 19th. Is there a reason that we're supposed to pretend that their website doesn't exist? Without a doubt, many here do.
Bad Flanders
MVP

I don't go to their site, it's generally not as close to up to date as this place is. I like it here and I like seeing info like this here... I guess... I mean it's two nobodies but it's Bears news. Or are you just commenting on him saying it was "under the radar"... some moves are just so inconsequential to even the most diehard fans that they'll always be under the radar! LOL

Mekale McKay and Nick Williams, and their parents, would probably disagree about this particular issue though!
UOK
Site Admin

Middleguard wrote:Actually, the Bears' website released this news on the 19th. Is there a reason that we're supposed to pretend that their website doesn't exist? Without a doubt, many here do.
Not really sure what you're getting at, but this is pretty low-importance news. Gentle roster undershufflings which WAB posted here because he didn't see it posted. Has nothing to do with preferring one page over another, etc.

I don't typically frequent the official Bears site because they are extremely controlling of their narrative. Biggs, Pompei, Fishbain, Durkin, Jahns - all those guys are in no way inclined to spin something on behalf of the Bears and are plugged in well enough to safely relay their news drops to the posting body without it being shaped by the Bears organization, who obviously only cares about their own interests.