2018 NFL Draft - Join Us in the Chatroom!

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:Leonard Williams before us, Kevin White for us, Vic Beasley after us. The following year they held it in Chicago again and I was there for the Leonard Floyd trade-up.

wab has been a good, good friend in those moments, God bless'em
Leonard Williams... that was a tough day for WAB.

I also struggled with the Floyd/Whitehair/Bullard trio. I remember thinking the Bears just drafted Christian Jones/Charles Leno/Pernell McPhee again. I'm not yet sure if I was right or wrong...
Sugashane
Player of the Month

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:Leonard Williams before us, Kevin White for us, Vic Beasley after us. The following year they held it in Chicago again and I was there for the Leonard Floyd trade-up.

I also struggled with the Floyd/Whitehair/Bullard trio. I remember thinking the Bears just drafted Christian Jones/Charles Leno/Pernell McPhee again. I'm not yet sure if I was right or wrong...
If McPhee's knees weren't trash I'd be damn happy with Bullard being McPhee. When healthy he was a monster a few years ago, he just then became more famous for his mouth than play.
wab
Mod

Sugashane wrote:
wab wrote:

If McPhee's knees weren't trash I'd be damn happy with Bullard being McPhee. When healthy he was a monster a few years ago, he just then became more famous for his mouth than play.
Part of me wonders if they shouldn't ask Bullard to drop weight since he struggles keeping it on, and stand him up. Going into Florida he was 240. If he can play outside at 270ish, he'd basically be McPhee. I hate him at 5T. He's just a bad fit for this defensive line but I'd like to figure out a way to make him productive.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
wab wrote:

Part of me wonders if they shouldn't ask Bullard to drop weight since he struggles keeping it on, and stand him up. Going into Florida he was 240. If he can play outside at 270ish, he'd basically be McPhee. I hate him at 5T. He's just a bad fit for this defensive line but I'd like to figure out a way to make him productive.
I like Bullard man, I think he needed to put on weight and learn the nuances of playing 5T after pretty much being a 3T at Florida. He looks fucking thick in one of those Bears OTA videos.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
GSH
MVP

G08 wrote:bros - Bros - BROS!!!

Come join Road, myself and myriad other Bears fans in the chatroom tomorrow for our annual NFL Draft Chatroom extravaganza! You can listen to me inevitably get pissed off about the player we pick in round 1 (thank you Pace), wab accurately predict round 3 selections before they happen, and Road molest only the finest goats north of the Illinois border (don't ask).

Here's how... hope to see you there!

For those that wanna try and get the old chat applet working?
http://webpages.charter.net/badfinger/java.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or here are some mIRC instructions too.
http://webpages.charter.net/badfinger/mirc.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For those that prefer the easy way there's always mibbit.
This link works for java and mibbit too.
http://webpages.charter.net/badfinger/chat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For those who dont join the game day chat rooms, make sure you make a screen name, lest MIBS get kicked out :D
Sugashane
Player of the Month

wab wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
wab wrote:

Thank you! I said a long time ago he should be the base OLB who kicks in at 3T. He was a onegap penetration stud now being told to two-gap. It is a mismatch for him. It isn't like he was a lummox, his 3 cone was less than a half second behind Bosa at 16 pounds heavier.

From an athletic/physical standpoint his numbers were remarkably similar to Gerald McCoy. Anyone want him two-gaping? Regardless, I'm hoping in his 3rd year things turn on for him. I'm a Gator homer so I am biased as hell, but he is a solid player and at worst becomes our Izzy. A solid starting piece on the DL .
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
wab wrote:

Largely agree and I'm open to that. Of course, then we'd for sure have to draft another 5T guy. But I think the Bears needed to do that anyway.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.