Could the Bears land a pass rusher in a trade?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

I was going back over some of Pace's post draft quotes and he kinda tucked a blurb in about the "trade market" in a couple of his interviews. It seemed like a throwaway comment, but I wonder if it has merit?

Couple names floating out there in the ether that may be on the move or possible camp cuts:

Shane Ray, Broncos
Bruce Irvin, Raiders
Nate Orchard, Browns
Markus Golden, Cardinals
Tim Williams, Redskins
Hau'oli-Kikaha, Saints
Koa Misi, Dolphins
Eli Harold, Niners

Trades have been increasingly rampant in the NFL lately. I don't know that the Bears have the picks to throw around willy-nilly, unless it's a conditional deal. But they might have a few players to part with.

Maybe these guys could be dangled?
Jonathan Bullard
Danny Trevathan (long shot I know)
Hroniss Grasu
Earl Watford
Dion Sims / Daniel Brown
Bryce Callahan
Eric Kush
Kevin White

Personally I don't see edge as a huge deal right now because they have bodies, but they are a Floyd and Lynch injury away from a problem.
G08
Hall of Famer

I said this in another thread, but to answer my own question I would throw a 5th and Denver to bring Shane Ray here (with the understanding I'd sign him to some sort of extension).
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Nanky
Journeyman

Hmmm I wonder what it would take to get Dante Fowler from the Jaguars? I see they aren't picking up his 5th year option. He'd look pretty good alongside Floyd, plus he's still very young, will only be 24 in August.
Adipost
MVP

wab wrote:I was going back over some of Pace's post draft quotes and he kinda tucked a blurb in about the "trade market" in a couple of his interviews. It seemed like a throwaway comment, but I wonder if it has merit?

Couple names floating out there in the ether that may be on the move or possible camp cuts:

Shane Ray, Broncos
Bruce Irvin, Raiders
Nate Orchard, Browns
Markus Golden, Cardinals
Tim Williams, Redskins
Hau'oli-Kikaha, Saints
Koa Misi, Dolphins
Eli Harold, Niners

Trades have been increasingly rampant in the NFL lately. I don't know that the Bears have the picks to throw around willy-nilly, unless it's a conditional deal. But they might have a few players to part with.

Maybe these guys could be dangled?
Jonathan Bullard
Danny Trevathan (long shot I know)
Hroniss Grasu
Earl Watford
Dion Sims / Daniel Brown
Bryce Callahan
Eric Kush
Kevin White

Personally I don't see edge as a huge deal right now because they have bodies, but they are a Floyd and Lynch injury away from a problem.
cblaz11
MVP

I wouldn't be shocked if Bruce Irvin gets cuts no Id snatch him up in a heartbeat
cblaz11
MVP

Couple other names that could get whacked..

1. Michael Brockers
2. Cameron Wake
3. Brooks Reed
4. Cliff Avril