What a breath of fresh air!

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Knuckles
Player of the Month

Listening to Nagy talk about the Bears just psychs me up about this team... He speaks to the press (fans) like we are part of the process not the enemy like the past 3 coaches we've had. He's not afraid to explain things or talk about individual players / coaches. Bottom line he treats us like we're part of the process and not like we're sitting at the kids table. That used to frustrate the hell out of me with Lovie and Fox.

[video][/video]

PS: not sure why the link keeps advancing the video to the end...
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
skamanfrank
Journeyman

It's so hard to come away from any Nagy presser without feeling excited and pumped. There's just something about his attitude and they in which he communicates- it seems to fill the listener with energy!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Night and day compared to what we had.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:Night and day compared to what we had.
No doubt about that. Refreshing is the right word.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I watched the rookie vids too and it seems like the coaches are relating to them. I feel happy for them that we don't have a hungover grampa yelling at them every day

(the James Daniels vid is the best IMO. just a big goofy kid)
xyt in the discord chats
IotaNet
MVP

Knuckles wrote:Listening to Nagy talk about the Bears just psychs me up about this team... He speaks to the press (fans) like we are part of the process not the enemy like the past 3 coaches we've had. He's not afraid to explain things or talk about individual players / coaches. Bottom line he treats us like we're part of the process and not like we're sitting at the kids table. That used to frustrate the hell out of me with Lovie and Fox. ...
I am a huge Nagy fan and I love the hire but not so fast. Let’s see how he talks to the press during a 3 or 4 game losing streak.

It’s easy to be all sunshine and puppies before he’s coached a game here. Let’s see how he handles (the inevitable) adversity.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
G08
Hall of Famer

Nagy has been leaving some Easter eggs for us in these pressers:

Whitehair's spot is OC
Long's spot is RG
Tarik Cohen has been great in his route running and has been catching most everything
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

[video][/video]
Knuckles
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:Nagy has been leaving some Easter eggs for us in these pressers:

Whitehair's spot is OC
Long's spot is RG
Tarik Cohen has been great in his route running and has been catching most everything
Can't wait to see how he utilizes Cohen sounds like he's going to get a lot of passes thrown to him out of the backfield or split out. We have so much speed now it's going to be fun to see how Nagy gets them in the opened field. Defenses are going to have a hard time trying to cover all of them. Can't believe I just said that... What a change lol.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

cody whitehair's the new offensive coordinator?

that isn't going to turn out well.
G08
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Nagy has been leaving some Easter eggs for us in these pressers:

Whitehair's spot is OC
Long's spot is RG
I knew I forgot something... Adam Hoge spoke with Kwiatkoski and he said nobody has spoken to him about potentially getting snaps at OLB.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
docc
Head Coach

Having a corpse calling plays couldn't t be worse than last year.
Quite excited to see an ATTACKING Offense and Defense instead of the punching bag the Bears have been during the Fox miasma..

(Posted from Nogales Mex ) after a great late lunch !