Bears tailgate access 2018-19

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

coachk25
Rookie

Hello all...
Charlie from Boston area here. Planning on 4 of us attending Bears/Pats in October this upcoming season in October. Hoping to continue the good luck I have had in many other cities with regards to a potential tailgate option. Wondering what is available on game day with regards to a tailgate that includes food and drink (alcoholic)......We are wondering if there is anything near Soldier Field that is "run" by an area business or if there is anyone interested in "opening their arms" to some very friendly visitors. Clearly we would be willing to "pay our share" but just wondering what (if any options) are available. We have been blessed to have experienced both something official owned (Nashville, Green Bay, Miami, Jets, Giants) as well as the kindness of different fan forums such as this one (Indy, Cleveland, Washington) so am hoping for any and all legitimate suggestions. For what it's worth, 4 years from now when Bears return to Gillette there is currently the All-Pro Tailgate offered--great food and atmosphere but typical Mass pricey and only drink coupons (used to be open bar before game)!!!.....or assuming I am still a STH you can always visit us at the lot on Route 1 South where McDonalds is and join us for something to eat/drink!!!...
UOK
Site Admin

Soldier Field is kind of tricky in this regard, as the stadium isn't really near any residential areas. The tailgaiting area is huge, and very accommodating.

I moved this topic to the main forum to help increase exposure. Hope some more fans can give you more useful information!

edit: This article from 2016 has some okay info:

https://www.livingsocial.com/articles/a ... lgating-al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • Tailgating is allowed on all surface lots in the Museum Campus, on the upper level of the Waldron deck, and in the 31st Street McCormick Place Lot B.
  • Tailgating is allowed four hours before the game and two hours after the game.
  • Tailgating is prohibited during the game.
  • You must purchase parking tickets to park in the tailgating lots, and you must have a ticket to the game to park in a tailgate lot.
  • Tailgaters are limited to one single parking space per vehicle.
  • Alcohol is allowed, but only within the confines of the parking lot.
  • A new NFL-wide rule prohibits fans from bringing bags into the stadium, so plan accordingly.
https://soldierfield.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.chicagobears.com/tickets-and ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I imagine you're looking for a tailgating experience like they have a Lambeau (I've been there for a game), where there are small businesses parked around the stadium where you can purchase food and drink. The unfortunate reality is that you're not going to find that at Soldier Field. The only tailgating option available is for those who have parking passes in particular lots (see UOK's post above).

The optimal way to achieve your outcome is to find a season ticket holder who tailgates and arrange a meetup with them, although that's a pretty tall order. (I'm not sure how many season ticket holders we have in our forum, if any.) I have gone tailgating with a friend of mine a few times (who has since moved away and no longer attends Bears games). It's a pretty fun atmosphere and people are generally friendly. But friendly and open armed welcoming of strangers wearing the wrong color shirts into their party are two different things. Although if you guys are pretty outgoing and friendly, walking around thru the tailgaters you might find some folks to chat with who might let you buy a beer off of them.

If I were in your shoes, I'd do some research and find a bar/restaurant to visit near the stadium. There must be a number of them within walking distance (a mile?) of Soldier Field. I know that's not what you were looking for, but it's a predictable outcome.

Good luck!
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
coachk25
Rookie

Thanks guys so far.....

The "organized" aspect was definitely what I was hoping to find, and while googling research I came across a couple of sites...E3?...AXS.com?....that at least as a year or 2 ago seemed like they were offering some type of Tailgate Party.....perhaps discontinued or out of business?....

I have definitely had success meeting STH online and assumed this would be as good an entry into that "world" as possible. While we do wear a jersey or golf shirt of our team I can say with a lot of pride we are more concerned with the experience and the fun/socializing than any shenanigans.....

I did see what looked like a couple of local pubs hosting pre game brunch or such (along with shuttles)....hopefully between now and October more will come up online...
Thanks again...and in advance for any other replies!!
Charlie