Bears re-sign TE Zach Miller to interesting deal

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

GSH
MVP

Moriarty wrote:
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Chicago knew Miller could not play this season before signing him to a one-year, $458K contract Monday, but did so anyway.
But...why did they put clauses in his contract for "if he plays this year", knowing that they were going to put him on a season-ending list the next day?
:?
They knew he wasnt going to play but wanted to him to essentially gift him with around $400k, so that clause is likely in there because it has to be. Probably something to do with vet minimums.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

This was good on every level.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Well when someone literally almost loses a leg catching a football....

That was an overly generous and classy move.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:Well when someone literally almost loses a leg catching a football....
I still get pissed whenever I think about how Alberto Riveron and his intentionally darkened video explanation took the catch away from Miller

The Marshall Plan wrote:That was an overly generous and classy move.
:thumbsup:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/mille ... signed-him" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Miller has had nine surgeries since suffering the injury

He also revealed he regained feeling in his foot within the last month.

“You talk about milestones; that’s one of the biggest ones, is that my nerve started to function again,” Miller said. “That was huge. That day hit and I wanted to have a party. Just that first little twitch, a little flicker. It wasn’t much, but when your foot hangs there for five months and doesn’t move, that can get defeating sometimes. The first time it moved was pretty cool.”
Yikes. :o
I knew it was a terrible injury, but I didn't realize how ongoingly severe the problems were.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Richie
MVP

Moriarty wrote:https://www.chicagobears.com/news/mille ... signed-him
Miller has had nine surgeries since suffering the injury

He also revealed he regained feeling in his foot within the last month.

“You talk about milestones; that’s one of the biggest ones, is that my nerve started to function again,” Miller said. “That was huge. That day hit and I wanted to have a party. Just that first little twitch, a little flicker. It wasn’t much, but when your foot hangs there for five months and doesn’t move, that can get defeating sometimes. The first time it moved was pretty cool.”
Yikes. :o
I knew it was a terrible injury, but I didn't realize how ongoingly severe the problems were.
Yeah, he really is lucky to not have lost the leg. If it happened pretty much anywhere besides an NFL field, with NFL doctors and staff around to get him into an ambulance... rush him to the emergency room... etc... He would be an amputee.