The Bears Have the "All Podium" Team

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
skamanfrank wrote:What will be interesting is how Nagy responds to adversity when things don't start going as well as planned. Will he still be willing to show his frustrations/disappointment, maybe even criticise publicly/etc or will he still be this bundle of positivity and see everything through rose tinted glasses...
This is key. We'll all know much more about Nagy when there's losses he has to answer for.

I am of the opinion Nagy will maintain during adversity ... I think he will probably be a bit more honest and open with his post game pressers, but I don't expect him to throw players under the bus and he can certainly hold them accountable without doing so
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
TheSting
Practice Squad

Just in case anyone is getting too positive, Jeremy Stoltz at scout.com who I'm a big fan of, mentioned in his camp notes that Sims, White and Daniels have all been pretty awful so far, although everything else on both sides of the ball sounds very promising so I'm definitely going to enjoy feeling stupidly positive about this season :)
Richie
MVP

TheSting wrote:Just in case anyone is getting too positive, Jeremy Stoltz at scout.com who I'm a big fan of, mentioned in his camp notes that Sims, White and Daniels have all been pretty awful so far, although everything else on both sides of the ball sounds very promising so I'm definitely going to enjoy feeling stupidly positive about this season :)
I seriously don't understand these f'n people reporting on these mini-camp drills/scrimmages hanging on every moment. lol

It's baffling to me. There's journalists who count TD's and INT's for QB's and WR/TE's... Then they try to create a buzz over it. It's ridiculous.

Not knocking Stoltz, he has a good reputation. I just mean, in general... it's kind of nuts.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Neon Dion is an overpaid backup TE.
White has been a bust for years now.
Daniels is a rookie (who many said was a steal when we drafted him) with one of the best OL coaches in the game teaching him; I'm not worried.
TheSting
Practice Squad

The Marshall Plan wrote:Neon Dion is an overpaid backup TE.
White has been a bust for years now.
Daniels is a rookie (who many said was a steal when we drafted him) with one of the best OL coaches in the game teaching him; I'm not worried.
sorry i meant Chase Daniel QB not our new rookie
TheSting
Practice Squad

Richie wrote:
TheSting wrote:Just in case anyone is getting too positive, Jeremy Stoltz at scout.com who I'm a big fan of, mentioned in his camp notes that Sims, White and Daniels have all been pretty awful so far, although everything else on both sides of the ball sounds very promising so I'm definitely going to enjoy feeling stupidly positive about this season :)
I seriously don't understand these f'n people reporting on these mini-camp drills/scrimmages hanging on every moment. lol

It's baffling to me. There's journalists who count TD's and INT's for QB's and WR/TE's... Then they try to create a buzz over it. It's ridiculous.

Not knocking Stoltz, he has a good reputation. I just mean, in general... it's kind of nuts.
I know what you mean, but JS is good because he doesn't go over the top and tries to be balanced, I was just making a daft post after everyone was being all positive, and I don't work for scout, just a JS fanboy :D
Sugashane
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:Heard a clip stating that Nagy is kind of a disciplinarian inside the locker room. Sounds like John Fox was a little too buddy-buddy with the guys last season whereas Nagy is setting rules immediately and making sure they are followed.

I really don't give a shit what he says to the media. Selfishly as a fan, of course I want to know everything... but the coaches don't owe us that. Being pleasant or salty to the media does nothing for me, just win games.
Well when Bellamy was getting playing time because he was blowing Fox, that is to be expected. lol

IDC if we get the hatred and shit rep that NE gets, if we get the general support NO got after Katrina, or if we are a team of thug assholes that is reminiscent of the Bad Boy Pistons of the 80s-90s.

As long as we win for a change.
Richie
MVP

TheSting wrote:
Richie wrote:

I know what you mean, but JS is good because he doesn't go over the top and tries to be balanced, I was just making a daft post after everyone was being all positive, and I don't work for scout, just a JS fanboy :D
Yeah, like I said. Wasn't a knock at you or JS. Not in the least. It just conjured up thoughts about people who stir the pot by reeling off TD/INT stat lines by QB's in mini-camp. I'll never forget when ESPN made a big deal about Jimmy Graham catching "11 TD's!!!" in his first Seahawks mini-camp practice. lol