I'm ready. Are you?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Richie
MVP

BlueAndOrangeDog wrote:With the exception of Brandon Marshall, there have been no Bears WRs who were the big talkers who could back it up. All of the other good ones were the quiet type.

The negative factor in having outward verbal confidence as a WR, is if things don't go as planned as a rookie, then there are additional things he has to overcome.
Is Miller a trash talker? I haven't seen him do that yet and I can't find him doing it in college.
BlueAndOrangeDog
Practice Squad

Richie wrote:
BlueAndOrangeDog wrote:With the exception of Brandon Marshall, there have been no Bears WRs who were the big talkers who could back it up. All of the other good ones were the quiet type.

The negative factor in having outward verbal confidence as a WR, is if things don't go as planned as a rookie, then there are additional things he has to overcome.
Is Miller a trash talker? I haven't seen him do that yet and I can't find him doing it in college.
I didn't say trash talker, I said big talker, and yes, he has made headlines several times as an unproven rookie saying things that players like Marty Booker, Bernard Berrian, Marcus Robinson, and others never did when in his position.

Play big, then you can talk all you want.
BBF
Player of the Month

46Blitz wrote:I have to admit, I had no idea who Miller was on draft day. But watching the footage on him I was impressed. It will be interesting to see how many looks he gets entering the season. Howard, Cohen, Gabby, Robinson. Burton, and Sheehan will all be getting looks. So it will be tough to start out hot on his rookie campaign. He will have to make the most of his opportunities to get more looks in this offense.

I really like this kids potential, but I'll be keeping any kind of expectations down until things shake out. I do see A Brown type of WR here though.
46Blitz, are you in for MOTML?

I also am very optimistic on Miller. The guy seems super confident and motivated to be one of the best receivers in the league.
Richie
MVP

BlueAndOrangeDog wrote:
Richie wrote:

I didn't say trash talker, I said big talker, and yes, he has made headlines several times as an unproven rookie saying things that players like Marty Booker, Bernard Berrian, Marcus Robinson, and others never did when in his position.

Play big, then you can talk all you want.
Eh, he hasn't said anything big. Saying he's going to be a great receiver isn't big talk to me. Most young guys say these type of things to display and inspire confidence. He's more so just talked about how hard he's going to work and how he'll succeed. He has not gone after anyone else. I honestly don't even think it's big talk...