Trubisky considered as

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

skamanfrank
Journeyman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... t-top-list" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting little tid bit here on NFL.com. NFC North rated as the division with the best QBs, of which our own #10 is of course one.
I think Trubisky will be this year's Jared Goff, taking a major leap forward in Year 2 with a new head coach and more talent around him.
BlueAndOrangeDog
Practice Squad

skamanfrank wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... t-top-list

Interesting little tid bit here on NFL.com. NFC North rated as the division with the best QBs, of which our own #10 is of course one.
I think Trubisky will be this year's Jared Goff, taking a major leap forward in Year 2 with a new head coach and more talent around him.
The author sometimes spells his name "Adam Shine"
Richie
MVP

I think a Goff type of leap is very possible. However, to expect it is getting your hopes up too much.

I expect somewhere in between a Goff/Wentz leap and what Trubs did last year. More a steady trajectory uphill for him -- as opposed to one year of just exploding onto the scene. This will be his bridge year to reach a true breakout in 2019, IMO.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Think at moments we are going to see some gunslinging.... the good and bad kind, but you will see some nice flashes. The good part of this offense is that it will tame it a bit with creativity. Lessening the checkdowns on certain plays that are designed to mask the first read.

I'm looking at 28tds-13picks-3400yds..... I would be happy with that stat line.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Goff's rookie training camp / season there were reports that he was having a hard time learning the playbook with one reporter basically saying he's stupid (in so many words). I think Mitch is a really smart kid and from reports around our training camp it's always been he's picking things up quickly. I honestly think he can have a better year than Goff. He's a gunslinger but he's an accurate one unlike Cuter for instance. All the videos I've seen of Mitch going back to his college games he doesn't make mistakes often and when he does he comes back not regress (like Cutler again LOL). The point is he has a gunslinger arm / mentality but he's very accurate and with these WRs / TEs just that alone will make Mitch take a huge leap from last year. Add in the coaching staff being competent and not one dimensional you should see what every Mitch fan was saying when we drafted him.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
wab
Mod

I really hope he's better than Goff...
Richie
MVP

wab wrote:I really hope he's better than Goff...
Long-term? Of course.

However, if his year #2 mirrors Goff's numbers and success in his year #2. I'll be elated.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I just want to see Trubisky being the leader on the field that translates to wins. That's what it really comes down to IMO. The numbers will take care of themselves if they're winning. We all want Trubisky to succeed and be the player we traded up for. The bar is so low for QB statistics as a Bears QB - that I'm not really expecting crazy numbers from Trubisky this season. I don't see 4k yards or 30+ TD passes - but I do think somewhere around 3500 yards 22 TD's and 11 INT's is a reasonable expectation.
Never Die Easy
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I will be elated with 25 TD's, 10 or less int's, and 3500 yards.
25 td's would put him in last year's top 10

I think more importantly, is that Trubisky doesn't get sacked more than 25ish times. That is where the success of this young offense will be measured...O line.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Richie
MVP

Atkins&Rebel wrote:I will be elated with 25 TD's, 10 or less int's, and 3500 yards.
Funny... this is verbatim what I just told a friend yesterday. Those exact numbers.
dickbutkus97
Rookie

Richie wrote:
Atkins&Rebel wrote:I will be elated with 25 TD's, 10 or less int's, and 3500 yards.
I would take 10 W's any way we can get them over 25 TD's and 7-9 wins with 4,000 yards. TD's passing or running are the same. More passes depend on favorable matchups I hear. If Howard and Cohen or Burton score on the ground rather than Truth passing for a score, that does not diminish anything about Trub's talent, just the wisdom of the offensive playcaller.

Come to think of it, more yards on the ground is more demoralizing to the opposition. I would like to see the Bears' rushing attack #1, passing #15 or less.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Not a discussion about wins. But I agree wins are more important. What most fans want to see is sustained, consistent offensive production, especially from the passing game. A team that can move the football and score will have a greater chance of returning to the playoffs consistently. Teams that make the playoffs in spurts, have fewer chances at the ultimate prize.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!