2018 Chicago Bears Training Camp Info & Updates

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

I'll be using this thread as a general "here's some mundane interesting tweets/etc related to Training Camp" when it gets started, but feel free to start your own threads.

------------

LINK: ChicagoBears.com official Training Camp page
  • Gates will open at 7:30am each day, with the exception of the night practice at Ward Field, when gates will open at 6:30pm.
  • Please make sure you have registered for your FREE ticket before reaching the gates and you have your FREE ticket ready to be scanned upon entry.
  • Camp grounds will remain open with fan and kid-friendly activities until 11:30am each day, with the exception of the night practice at Ward Field, when activities will conclude at 10:30pm.
  • The night practice on August 11 will take place at Ward Field.
SCHEDULE:

FAQ:

Do I need a ticket to attend training camp?
Yes. Getting tickets in advance is easy and FREE. Click here to sign up online for FREE tickets for 07/21-08/06 practices. Click here to sign up online for FREE tickets for the night practice on 08/11.

Why are tickets required for training camp?
The Bears began ticketing training camp in 2017. Having tickets for training camp allows the Bears to better forecast daily attendance to have a positive training camp experience for fans.

What does a ticket provide?
Tickets provide admission to camp. All tickets are general admission, there is no assigned seating.

Do children need a ticket?
Yes, all attendees should have a FREE ticket. Parents/Guardians have the ability to select “child” tickets for children under the age of 18 during the sign up process.

Do I need tickets to attend more than one day of camp?
Yes, tickets are needed for all dates. To sign up for more than one day you will need to complete a separate order for each date you plan to attend.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Tickets for training camp, wow. Have not been since they moved from Platteville. The ride to Platteville was nice. Platteville was a nice little town, no clutter, no madness, kind of a relaxing experience. Kind of miss it being there. Hitting Donisi's after practice to have a few brews and seeing some of the players coming in to enjoy some as well. Oh well times change, but I don't have to change with them.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:Tickets for training camp, wow. Have not been since they moved from Platteville. The ride to Platteville was nice. Platteville was a nice little town, no clutter, no madness, kind of a relaxing experience. Kind of miss it being there. Hitting Donisi's after practice to have a few brews and seeing some of the players coming in to enjoy some as well. Oh well times change, but I don't have to change with them.
To be fair the tickets are free.

I get where you're coming from, though. Simpler times.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Oh well times change, but I don't have to change with them.
preach on my brother

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Training camp has become so popular that they need to know how many people are coming each day. Nothing makes a team look worse than not having enough 'XYZ' for a promised 'ABC' for fans at camp.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I understand tickets are free, but geez. I don't think camp now could ever rank up to where it was when the Blues Bros and crew were there (Hamp, Fridge, McMichael, Silky D, Ditka, Payton.....).
G08
Hall of Famer

Last year was a fucking mess with the line getting in, so I'm hoping this year with passes it will be better organized. Would have been a 1.5 hour wait for me if I didn't luck into bullshitting with some fans that told me to jump up front with their group in line. Barely waited 5 minutes.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
LacertineForest
MVP

Brad Biggs @BradBiggs
1m

Nagy says #Bears do not expect to have any players open camp on PUP. He says Allen Robinson and Kyle Long are ready to roll.
Feels like the first time in a long time they can say this.
UOK
Site Admin

That's great news.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

They required tickets last year. It's weird but it's free.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

Anthony Miller smoking Prince Amukamara.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skamanfrank
Journeyman

Oh my.... :love: :love: :love: :love:
wab
Mod

UOK wrote:Anthony Miller smoking Prince Amukamara.

Damn!
UOK
Site Admin

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... e-thought/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nagy said on Monday that Gabriel has been “everything we thought,” particularly when it comes to the way his speed can impact games. Gabriel cited the same asset as well as Hill’s play with the Chiefs as reasons why he’s excited about playing for Nagy.

“Speed, man,” Gabriel said, via the Chicago Sun-Times. “How many ways can you use speed? You can use it in all type of different ways. So it’s just exciting and with Nagy having Tyreek Hill, the things that he did with him, it’s very exciting. And to bring that to this offense, I’m excited to get to the season. I keep saying I’m excited because I’m excited.”
UOK
Site Admin

@adamjahns

Today, #Bears coach Matt Nagy named rookie OLB Kylie Fitts as a player who has stood to him on defense. He has been very noticeable in all drills. Coverage responsibilities might take time, but he can get low and get around the edge.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Hey I don't know if you want want to combine my week one thread with this. I thought this was going to be for dates only.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

That's what I'm talking about!

My favorite Bears rookie v my least favorite Bear.

I can't wait to see Miller in the regular season.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

That's a REALLY good fucking route man. WOW!
WP.1
Player of the Month

with the exception of 1 night session all other start is at 8:15am

morning start ok but why so much early ?
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:

I can't wait to see Miller on Friday. :)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

My guy Kylie Fitts!!!

Anthony Miller is the best route runner we have at WR. Kid is filthy.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:My guy Kylie Fitts!!!

Anthony Miller is the best route runner we have at WR. Kid is filthy.
The route against Prince was literally, one of the best I have ever seen. He got off the press and pushed Prince to the outside and sold the 9 route, then got low and had some kind of burst to the inside. He was open all day long. Just WOW!
UOK
Site Admin

Tight ends are looking good, Daniels also.

http://rockrivertimes.com/2018/07/26/be ... o-his-own/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On Thursday with the Bears returning from their first break of training camp, their tight ends were the beginning, middle, and end to a story of any offensive success.

To start practice, Mitchell Trubisky fired a quick out to Trey Burton who found space along the sideline for a nice gain. We’re into camp enough to where it can be said that Burton is Trubisky’s favorite safety blanket. If the Bears need a play in a crucial moment to get the ball rolling, it’s going in Burton’s direction.

Later, Adam Shaheen was featured consistently with multiple targets before the initial periods of practice were over. The young tight end had one of the best plays on the day when he made a leaping catch over the hands of a helpless DeAndre Houston-Carson. It was a nice pitch-and-catch between Trubisky, who was pressured, and Shaheen to make himself available.

And throughout, Dion Sims checked in periodically in goal line and red zone drills, gaining a lot of push up front.
Thus far in camp, that evaluation has bared out with Daniels consistently stoning and getting the best of Bears defenders on Thursday. There’s much work to be done, but the 20-year-old is looking and playing like a seasoned veteran. Daniels has been so good, that actual veterans like Eric Kush have bounced off ideas and technique questions off the rookie. He’s as proficient a technician as they come.

“He (Kush) asks me for help a lot of times, technique-wise,” said Daniels of his relationship with Kush. “In run blocking and steps, I do things that Kush hasn’t really done before. He coaches me and I coach him.”

It should be staggering to hear that a rookie as young as Daniels is so advanced that he’s assisting a five-year veteran like Kush in improving his game. And yet, when you realize the background that Daniels came from in arguably the best offensive line school in the country with Iowa, there’s nothing he isn’t capable of right away.

The rookie in Daniels is getting a ton of snaps at both guard and center. He’s being thrown into the fire, and he’s coming out without scars. That isn’t by accident, and it’s because of where Daniels previously came from. An Iowa legacy of following in the footsteps of trench greats like Baltimore’s Marshal Yanda means everything to him.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:

I can't wait to see Miller on Friday. :)
Nice!

Have fun! Let us know how he looks.
Sugashane
Player of the Month

UOK wrote:Tight ends are looking good, Daniels also.

http://rockrivertimes.com/2018/07/26/be ... o-his-own/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And throughout, Dion Sims checked in periodically in goal line and red zone drills, gaining a lot of push up front.
I said a as soon as we signed Burton that I wouldn't mind Sims being cut or moving to more of a FB role. They had Sherman for years and he has been pretty solid for them. Sims isn't a great athlete as a TE but would be a plus FB IMO. Overpaid, but nothing to really do about that right now.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Phil SAvage believes Miller will be an immediate contributor this season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-gm-pred ... 30790.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Phil SAvage believes Miller will be an immediate contributor this season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-gm-pred ... 30790.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do we dare dream that the kid is indeed as predicted. Very Antonio Brown-ish? Is that his ceiling?
wab
Mod

Per PFT. One more hill to climb for Grasu...
Bears sign Jack Allen, waive Bunmi Rotimi

The Bears signed center Jack Allen. To make room on the roster, they waived defensive end Bunmi Rotimi.

Chicago needed depth in the offensive line with Hroniss Grasu out with a calf injury.

Allen, 25, spent the past two training camps with the Saints. He originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Michigan State in 2016.

The Saints waived him out of the preseason but signed him back to the practice squad. He moved up to the active roster late that season, though he never played.

He spent last season on injured reserve.

The Saints declined to tender him a contract this offseason, making him an unrestricted free agent.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

With Grasu's calf injury, I have a hard time seeing him make the team. Pretty disappointing for a 3rd round pick in 2015 - I had higher hopes for him.

Also, read today that James Daniels has a minor shoulder ailment that the team is monitoring, don't think he was out there. He was taking some reps at Guard with Allen signing. When Grasu went down, he was taking reps at Center with the 2's.
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

Kyle Long on the radio said this is the best he has felt, physically, since 2014.