Bears Trounce Rams 27-3

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

gaba wrote:... with Leonard Little trying to run you down.
On the field, or behind the wheel?
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
BearsFans
Rookie

you all seem pretty hard to please. hell i'm just happy we didn't look like a highschool teem today. yeah they are a crappy team but damn at least we didn't lose to a crappy team, after last weeks game you'd think ya'll would be a little happier. everyone has negative stuff to say but hell. we played like a pro team, we won and i'm happy.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I was at the game, kept my win streak going. Defintely Chicago south. Walking around the stadium you would have thought you were in Chicago.

We won, yes, but I do expect more, especially against a shitty team. You put up 21 that quick, you keep going in for the kill. Lubbie and Turner pull the reins back and play not to lose.

Orton does not look healthy yet to me. But the MAIN thing is our WRs down right suck. They get no separation at all. P Manning would have a hard time throwing to these guys. It is interesting that every team but the Bears can throw the slant, our guys are alway s covered.

Vasher, he has become a true waste. I watched him closely today and he just doesn't have it. We were lucky Green didn't see his side of the field more. He was toast I don't know how many times if Green throws his way. He is constantly giving up the inside and just does not get his hips turned fast enough. He looks awfully slow as well.

Forte is a friggin stud. Olsen contnues to look good as well.

The wildcat formation was nice to see. I like Manning, at the moment on KO. Hester continues to look slow, scared and horrible on PR.

The Rams are a terribly shitty team and the test will be next week.

Adams and harrison played well and the D line looked better when one or both of them were in.
Sammy007
Practice Squad

Did I miss something? Why no Kevin Jones? I thought he was our #2 RB, not that I didn't mind seeing AP tear it up.
gaba
Head Coach

I don't get why we haven't been playing KJ either. We've seen very little of him. Are the coaches afraid of another TJ/Ced mess? If that's the reason they're only setting themselves up for failure by treating the kid like a diva before he's even shown a need for it.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
IE
Hall of Famer

The story is that KJ doesn't play ST and AP does (Wolfe too). What that means to me is that KJ was just a performance and injury hedge against Forte coming into the season. They obviously look at carrying 4 RBs as something they had to do earlier, but now is an expensive luxury they don't need anymore since Forte is such a stud. KJ's gone next year no doubt.

Hey bearsfans - it isn't "hard to please", it is just that the Rams didn't make up for the Packers. It didn't - that performance was inexusable. And where were those sacks and INTs against the great Kerry Collins? They need to do that against a good team.

Quick question for the gang here - I can't remember, but has Babich always been in the booth?
wab
Mod

Quick question for the gang here - I can't remember, but has Babich always been in the booth?
Yeah...since about midway through last year.
IE
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Yeah...since about midway through last year.
Thanks - I couldn't remember, and was looking for some reason the D was playing better ... besides the Rams.
G08
Hall of Famer

He's switched back and forth a few times... I don't think he knows what he wants/likes yet.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Pagan
MVP

I know that even the worst NFL team is talented and can beat anyone with the right bounces- but I've been wondering; if Detroit is the hands-down worst team in the NFL how is it they played us so close in that last game? The Rams look horrible and have 2 wins this year- did they play Detroit twice somehow also?

{Side note... I watched the packers lose last night} And it was good.I'm betting we play this team a lot tougher in the next game.

Packers are shown Fleeing the Super Dome any way possible.

G08
Hall of Famer

I think we came out with a sense of purpose for the Rams' game. Our guys got downright embarrassed against the Packers and I think they took out some frustrations on those lowly Rams.

It's scary because I really don't know what team is going to show up anymore. If we can smack down the Vikings, we'll be sending a message to the rest of the NFC North that we should be taken seriously. As of right now, I'd still say we're viewed as mediocre at best.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
wab
Mod

Pagan wrote:I know that even the worst NFL team is talented and can beat anyone with the right bounces- but I've been wondering; if Detroit is the hands-down worst team in the NFL how is it they played us so close in that last game? The Rams look horrible and have 2 wins this year- did they play Detroit twice somehow also?

Simple....the Lions haven't quit on thier coach and the Rams have.
gaba
Head Coach

I don't know that they really played all that great. The certainly played better than they did against green bay, but they didn't have to play great to beat the Rams. I think maybe they would have played great if they'd played a better team last weeks. They did have something to prove, but I'm worried that they'll start thinking that the effort they put in last week is good enough.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Adibear
Practice Squad

gaba wrote:but I'm worried that they'll start thinking that the effort they put in last week is good enough.
totally agree gaba....the vikings game is going to be a big test.