What the hell are you thinking Ron Turner?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Pagan
MVP

I didnt get a chance to read anywhere where folx thought that Orton would be a solid back up at best. I admit I was having those same thoughts the last few weeks.

Keep in mind though; Orton is coming off of a bad ankle sprain and is playing through it- we all knew his accuracy would be affected by this.
Also, Who does Orton have to throw to
Answer: The worst WR corp in the league.

Get Orton two more weapons and he will be a consistant top 10 QB np.

pagan
G08
Hall of Famer

I think he's looked like shit the past few games, but he stepped it up when we needed him most. Apparently some player on the sidelines yelled, "THIS IS FOR OUR SEASON!" and Orton heard and looked over and nodded.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:I think he's looked like shit the past few games, but he stepped it up when we needed him most. Apparently some player on the sidelines yelled, "THIS IS FOR OUR SEASON!" and Orton heard and looked over and nodded.
That's fucking badass stuff.
gaba
Head Coach

That makes me feel good. Hell, that's exciting sh*t. It's exactly what this team needs... to CARE. They've got the talent and although they seem pretty worthless right now, this coaching staff has been able to do good things in the past. The only thing keeping this team from being good is their own stupidity and apathy. They just need someone... ANYONE... to step up and be a freaking leader.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

They just need someone... ANYONE... to step up and be a freaking leader.
And a WR who won't drop the ball.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:
And a WR who won't drop the ball.
I think Lovie nominated Rashied Davis to be that guy.
Pagan
MVP

gaba wrote: The only thing keeping this team from being good is their own stupidity and apathy. They just need someone... ANYONE... to step up and be a freaking leader.
I understand where youre coming from gaba- but you forgot, to add talent at the WR, another pass rusher, FS and one more pass rusher.

We all knew this team would'nt/could'nt be a super bowl team this year- the quality just isnt there. The real shocker is that the offense is better than expected and the defense is worse.

Cant wait to see what kind of offseason moves are made this year.

pagan
gaba
Head Coach

Pagan wrote:
I understand where youre coming from gaba- but you forgot, to add talent at the WR, another pass rusher, FS and one more pass rusher.
I didn't forget anything pagan. Leadership is the only thing holding this team back. You might notice that I didn't say "great" but only good.

Our defense should be just as good if not better but they are sloppy and they just don't seem to try. The depth is largely improved and all these guys have long term contracts. It's ridiculous that no one can get these guys to play.

This offense is leaps and bounds beyond the one that went to the Superbowl.
The specials teams is somewhat behind but still pretty good.

SO... what are we missing? I think leadership. (Players and coaches.)
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!