Introduce Yourself!

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wazzupi
Rookie

Wazzzzuuuupppp fellow behrs fans some of you might know me from the old and new dead and bloomin forums of our beloved bears but I hope to find some new bears fans to discuss our team. So far I've noticed some interesting threads and especially new members coming in so I thought it was a good time to register, I hope to get to meet some of you guys. Cya around !
dollamillionz
Rookie

wazzupi wrote:Wazzzzuuuupppp fellow behrs fans some of you might know me from the old and new dead and bloomin forums of our beloved bears but I hope to find some new bears fans to discuss our team. So far I've noticed some interesting threads and especially new members coming in so I thought it was a good time to register, I hope to get to meet some of you guys. Cya around !
Yo preciate it pimp.
CRM 114
Journeyman

wazzupi wrote:Wazzzzuuuupppp fellow behrs fans some of you might know me from the old and new dead and bloomin forums of our beloved bears but I hope to find some new bears fans to discuss our team. So far I've noticed some interesting threads and especially new members coming in so I thought it was a good time to register, I hope to get to meet some of you guys. Cya around !
Wassup Wazzupi.
Malek.zbigniew
Rookie

Hi. Name is Malek. Uni student at Depaul here in Chicago. Go blue devils!
Love bears favorite player William The Fridge.

I enjoy other American culture like baseball and bbq burgers and hot dogs, also the hip hop music.

Looking good for conversation here!
gpphat
Practice Squad

Malek.zbigniew wrote:Hi. Name is Malek. Uni student at Depaul here in Chicago. Go blue devils!

I enjoy other American culture like baseball and bbq burgers and hot dogs, also the hip hop music.

Welcome, there is some great Bears talk over here (I have seen other message boards, trust me)...take a look over the guidelines and stick to them and you should be good. Otherwise it was nice knowing you
BearDen
Journeyman

gpphat wrote:
Malek.zbigniew wrote:Hi. Name is Malek. Uni student at Depaul here in Chicago. Go blue devils!

Welcome, there is some great Bears talk over here (I have seen other message boards, trust me)...take a look over the guidelines and stick to them and you should be good. Otherwise it was nice knowing you
He should also be careful not to post about burgers and hotdogs, seems to be a touchy subject around here.
Malek.zbigniew
Rookie

BearDen wrote:
gpphat wrote:

He should also be careful not to post about burgers and hotdogs, seems to be a touchy subject around here.
I am sorry? Do not understand about burgers and hot dogs?
BearDen
Journeyman

Malek.zbigniew wrote:
BearDen wrote:
gpphat wrote:

Basically take it easy on OT posting, some new posters didn't last very long because of it.
UOK
Site Admin

If you format your posts as best you can and don't act confrontational, you'll do fine.
Adipost
MVP

BearDen wrote:
Malek.zbigniew wrote:
BearDen wrote:
gpphat wrote:

Basically take it easy on OT posting, some new posters didn't last very long because of it.
What new posters? Oh God, don't tell me it was Clarence Sinclair.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
he lived his life, like a candle in the wind
BearDen
Journeyman

RustyTrombone wrote:
Adipost wrote:
RIP Clarence
UOK
Site Admin

BearDen wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:
Adipost wrote:
RIP Clarence
I wouldn't have liked to have known him when he was just a kid
My patience burned out long before
His shitposting ever did
wab
Mod

I almost dug Xee out of mothballs just to have him disable apostrophes and wheelchair emoticons.
Adipost
MVP

wab wrote:I almost dug Xee out of mothballs just to have him disable apostrophes and wheelchair emoticons.
What I wouldn't do to see another wheelchair smiley.
Xee
Site Admin

wab wrote:I almost dug Xee out of mothballs just to have him disable apostrophes and wheelchair emoticons.
Burn. lol

I'd like to point out, it's not like I don't want to be more active. Our family size increased by one last summer and I have found out that when people said, "Oh, you're going to have a kid? Kiss your free time goodbye." they weren't joking. I have no idea where the time goes but when there is actual some time to do something, it's taken up doing one of the hundred things that you weren't able to get to before. So while I still visit, I just don't have time to post.

To be fair though, UOK has my number though and if something happens to the forum and he texts me, I'm all over that like a pitbull on a ham bone. It's just my to-do list of updates/upgrades has gotten a little dusty. I'm hoping when the little dude gets a little older and sleeps better things will go somewhat back to normal.
G08
Hall of Famer

We love you, Xee!

(and this is why the wifey and I are putting off having kids for a little while :lol: )
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Xee wrote:
Burn. lol

I'd like to point out, it's not like I don't want to be more active. Our family size increased by one last summer and I have found out that when people said, "Oh, you're going to have a kid? Kiss your free time goodbye." they weren't joking. I have no idea where the time goes but when there is actual some time to do something, it's taken up doing one of the hundred things that you weren't able to get to before. So while I still visit, I just don't have time to post.

To be fair though, UOK has my number though and if something happens to the forum and he texts me, I'm all over that like a pitbull on a ham bone. It's just my to-do list of updates/upgrades has gotten a little dusty. I'm hoping when the little dude gets a little older and sleeps better things will go somewhat back to normal.
You do get that free time back in about 14-15 years. (Unless you have another one, of course.)

It's no longer free, however; it's very expensive.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
UOK
Site Admin

Xee wrote:
Burn. lol

Did you get that child-size Cedric Benson onesie I put in the mail?
malk
Head Coach

G08 wrote:We love you, Xee!

(and this is why the wifey and I are putting off having kids for a little while :lol: )
It's fine, I'm not tired at all. Honest.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Xee
Site Admin

UOK wrote:
Xee wrote:
Burn. lol

Did you get that child-size Cedric Benson onesie I put in the mail?
Haha, I would totally have him wear that if such a thing existed. I actually still haven't gotten him any Bears gear because he's growing like a weed. I think by the next season he will slow down enough to make it worth the investment.
wab
Mod

Xee!? Is this the Matrix??
THE SPIDER
Rookie

Hi, used to post on cbmb as peanut78. Nice to see a calmer board then CCS where I mostly lurked. Looking forward to this season getting turned around.
UOK
Site Admin

THE SPIDER wrote:Hi, used to post on cbmb as peanut78. Nice to see a calmer board then CCS where I mostly lurked. Looking forward to this season getting turned around.
Welcome, THE SPIDER. I have no idea if you'll get the reference, BUT:

Bring me a Cutty and water, eh?

What, am I a mirage?

[video][/video]
THE SPIDER
Rookie

UOK wrote:
THE SPIDER wrote:Hi, used to post on cbmb as peanut78. Nice to see a calmer board then CCS where I mostly lurked. Looking forward to this season getting turned around.
Welcome, THE SPIDER. I have no idea if you'll get the reference, BUT:

Bring me a Cutty and water, eh?

What, am I a mirage?

[video][/video]
LOL!
sabrtuth
Rookie

Hello Bears fans! It's tough representing down here in N. Texas (about 30 miles N of Dallas/Ft Worth near Denton, TX) but my Big C with the Bear head logo decal IS displayed proudly on my car's back window! I still have the Tribune from the 1985 SB win my Aunt sent me!! And it's a good thing, 'cause I see way too many Packers logos down here! Obviously there's tons of Cowboy fans around here but it's cool; I've been to Bears vs Cowboys here and wore my Singletary jersey to the games and get alot of compliments/handshakes not to mention offers to buy it (nope, not for sale!). You know the Bears /Cowboys have history together (ex: Dikta, etc.) so it's all good. I miss Big Mike barking & screaming on the Bears' sideline!! But if I hear that "America's Team" line about the Cowboys again, I'm gonna puke! :puke: I hate that tag line; it's an insult to fans of every other US NFL team! So how come I'm a Bears fan? Well, I was born in Cook Co. hospital, Chicago back in Jan. of 63...we didnt move down here until I was 7 but I've always followed the Bears, even the brutal , pre-Payton /Singletary days (Avellini ring a bell? ugh!). I feel a real fan pulls for their team in good times (division winner, playoff, SB) and in bad times (Injury plagued, changing coaching, rebuilding 3-13 years) otherwise you're just a band-wagoner like alot of the Dallas fans are! In summers when I got to come back to the Chi-town and stay w/relatives...I watched the Cubs game with Harry & Steve calling it (Holy Cow! wears my Budweiser?! :toast: ...lovable losers they called them....it took awhile to earn respect but look what happened the last few years to the Cubs! That's what I'm talking about...be a real fan, not a fair weather punk fan...especially when it's Da Bears! What do you suppose is going to happen to the Packers when Rogers retires? You got it....down to the NFC North cellar the cheeseheads go! :clap: Have faith in the new mgmt and Fox. One day the Monsters of the Midway will return!! :headbang: 8-)
wab
Mod

Welcome. I'm in McKinney. Good to have another TX resident on the board.
wab
Mod

Welcome. It's been different around here lately.
Adipost
MVP

wab wrote:Welcome. It's been different around here lately.
It's kinda like this...

[video][/video]
Ditka4Prez08
Rookie

Good evening gentleman. New to the site (I come in peace).

26 year old nurse (call me Focker) from Naperville. Been a Bears fan ever since I can remember unfortunately. Looking for a place to have some intellectual Bears conversation.

Hail Lord Glennon!