View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:38 am 
Site Admin

Reputation point: 79
(7-2) Chicago Bears
@
(6-2-1) San Francisco 49ers

Light rain. Overcast. Cool. 61 °F

Monday, 8:30 p.m. ET, at Candlestick Park, San Francisco
ESPN
TV announcers: Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden, Lisa Salters

-----------

It's uncertain if one or neither starting QB will play in this one, as Cutler and Smith are nursing concussions. The Bears signing of McCown would seem to indicate that Jay's going to get the week off, but nothing's certain at the time of this post.

Here's some relevant links for more info and predictions, but please make your own! :)

CBS Sports
Sports Chat Fantasy Preview
Yahoo! Sports
Bleacher Report

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:25 am 
Practice Squad

Reputation point: 2
Well if both starting QBs play then this will be a close game. Both teams are, statistically speaking very similar. But I have to give the edge to the bears, especially if Jeffery makes it back. As we have seen the number 2 reciever spot is critical for us, and none of the usual suspects have really stepped up, as we saw against the Texans.

If both of the number 2 QBs play it will still be close but again I give the nod to the Bears. The turnover machine that is our Defense will give us the edge, even if it is only a thin one.

21-17 Bears.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:46 am 
Player of the Month

Reputation point: 4
With both QBs banged up, this could be another Defensive slugfest. However, I believe Campbell is a notch above Kaepernick, so our Defense should have a fairly decent day defending the pass. If Smith is able to go, no worries there. I don't consider Alex Smith anywhere near elite and the Defense shouldn't struggle too much against him either. Minimize turnovers, win the 1st down battle and our stellar Defense will do the rest.

Bears 21
SF 10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 am 
Site Admin

Reputation point: 79
I think Kaepernick is the type of QB that the Bears destroy. His turnovers alone will provide scoring enough to win. I think Campbell's going to go out there and look like total shit.

Bears 23
49ers 16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:23 am 
Crafty Veteran

Reputation point: 3
I agree with UOK that the Bears defense would eat Kaepernick alive. However, I expect Campbell to play much better after a week of reps. He missed some down field opportunities Sunday, but was 11-19 and didn't turn it over.

Bears 23
49ers 17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:32 am 
Crafty Veteran

Reputation point: 15
Campbell will play like A. Smith and Kappernick is an athletic running QB which we normally beat up good on defense. Contain Gore is the task, and their other RB forgot who he is.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:32 am 
MVP

Reputation point: 42
All depends on which Jason Campbell we get. The knock on him in camp and preseason was that he was 'Checkdown Charlie' - and we saw the same thing in last weeks game. If a week of practice gets him a little more comfortable then I think the Bears have a good shot at winning this.

If not, its going to be an ugly 9-6 game.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 am 
MVP

Reputation point: 24
An offensive suckfest for both teams, especially if both #2s are playing. Don't have much faith in the Bear O against this SF D not matter who is taking snaps. And Kapernick, yea, like he has a chance.

Bears - 6
SF - 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:49 am 
Mod

Reputation point: 81
Kappernick scare me.

Yes, this defense USED to eat up mobile QBs but that defense had a different 54 patrolling the middle of the field.

I think Brian is playing very good and making impact plays every week, but he's not doing the same things he used to do. He's playing downhill more and we've seen a couple of times where he was not quick enough to get to the corner.

When we shut down mobile QBs we were dropping Brian 10 yards off the LOS (or more) and letting him beat them to the corner when they went to take off.

Furthermore I think Roach has looked really bad this year as well which will further compound our issues containing Kappernick.

I think the key here will be the corners handling Crabtree and Moss one on one. Wright has been great in run support and it's going to be on him to make sure Kappernick doesn't make a big play when things break down.

Of course now the question is "What about V. Davis"?

First and foremost I hope Smith starts. If not then hopefully our DBs can bait Kappernick into some bad passes. If I were Rod I'd be preaching contain over penetration this week .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:01 am 
Mod

Reputation point: 83
I think we win this one more handily than the score will suggest. Outside of Aldon Smith and Vernon Davis down the seam...they don't really do anything that scares me.

Bears 24
Niners 9

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next