Join the Gameday Chatroom! Here's how.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

malk wrote:Trying to connect via AndChat. Thought it'd be a case of pointing the address at irc.starfyre.org then joining the channel. Instead it just states disconnected: connection refused.

What rookie mistake am I making?
http://widget00.mibbit.com/?settings=e8 ... onstershow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That link not work?
wab
Mod

I had trouble connecting today
malk
Head Coach

UOK wrote:
malk wrote:Trying to connect via AndChat. Thought it'd be a case of pointing the address at irc.starfyre.org then joining the channel. Instead it just states disconnected: connection refused.

What rookie mistake am I making?
http://widget00.mibbit.com/?settings=e8 ... onstershow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That link not work?
It does but I had an issue with the android client. Road sorted me out though, all good.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Road
Pro Bowler

Fucking Charter Spectrum is killing my personal web space and the java chat page.

I got a postcard from them today.

“ATTENTION: Spectrum Web Space to be discontinued.”
“This announcement is to inform you that the Spectrum Web Space service will be discontinued and access to the platform will be suspended on July 1, 2018.”

It goes on telling me to move my data to a 3rd party web hosting provider.

The chat will still be there but access can only be from the mibbit link

or an IRC chat program.

There’s only a few people that still use the java site and I’m sorry but I’m not going to pay for web space to keep it running.

It was fun while it lasted!
Thanks for your support through all the years.
I've met a lot of good people!
UOK
Site Admin

Road wrote:Fucking Charter Spectrum is killing my personal web space and the java chat page.

“This announcement is to inform you that the Spectrum Web Space service will be discontinued and access to the platform will be suspended on July 1, 2018.”

or an IRC chat program.

There’s only a few people that still use the java site and I’m sorry but I’m not going to pay for web space to keep it running.

Bummer! So just to be clear, the chat will still be there from a program like mIRC and the mibbit link, but the Java one is dead? Or is the whole thing gone?
G08
Hall of Famer

Road wrote:Fucking Charter Spectrum is killing my personal web space and the java chat page.

or an IRC chat program.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO@!$&!@##@?$^&*!@#$@

What options do we have, Road? Can someone who has more IRC savvy than me generate a script that still is able to play the sounds, etc? It would involve sending out the sound files and storing them in the same folder IF someone knows how to add those commands in a script.

I used to run scripts in another life but I don't remember a God damned thing about it these days.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

There's a group text app called groupme that works real well as a chat forum. It's simple and easy to use, just need to add people with their cell phone number.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Road
Pro Bowler

The chat is still alive and well but only through the mibbit link or a real IRC chat program like mIRC, Icechat or something like andchat for your phone.

G08, mIRC will play all the sounds but I'd have to send them to you and you'd have to drop them into your mirc/sounds folder. mIRC charges $10 I believe for a lifetime but I believe it can be used without registering. You just have to wait about 30 seconds for the register screen to die.

Thanks Atkins&Rebels but I'm not giving out my cell phone number for any app.
Road
Pro Bowler

I wrote this page to help newbies setup mirc a long time ago.

http://webpages.charter.net/badfinger/mirc.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone wants to go that route the page should be up 'til fucking charter kills it on July 1st.

The router setup at the end of the instructions isn’t necessary. I can just zip the sounds and email them to you.
G08
Hall of Famer

Road wrote: G08, mIRC will play all the sounds but I'd have to send them to you and you'd have to drop them into your mirc/sounds folder. mIRC charges $10 I believe for a lifetime but I believe it can be used without registering. You just have to wait about 30 seconds for the register screen to die.
I have zero problem with that. I'll be good God damned before I watch a Bears game without the sounds of a goat fornicating with what I presume to be some smoking hot blonde woman :lol:

Road
Pro Bowler

I think you'll like mIRC once you get it setup. It's a much better chat format than mibbit. The only thing that mIRC won't do is the .gifs.

Just join the chat and give me an email to send the bear-sounds.zip to. It's only a 4 mb file. We use to be able to send files back & forth with mIRC's dcc but it seems that windoze 10 broke that too. Just easier to email the files than to bust my balls trying to figure it out. Seems like there always has to be fucking complications.

No hurries, we've got a few months to go before any 2018 action begins.
G08
Hall of Famer

Road what's the server we are supposed to connect to; and do you remember what font/size was used in the java-based chat?

Road
Pro Bowler

There are 2 servers at irc.starfyre.org
One is underrun.starfyre.org IP# 45.32.233.111
Underrun's admin has it set to only except only SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) connections.
When you have issues it's best to just use the echo IP numbers.
The other is echo.starfyre.org IP# 198.199.185.169

The font I used in the old applet was Arial set to 15 point.
G08
Hall of Famer

So I jumped in on the mIRC program (free) and it was unbelievably easy to use. We have some commands to share so it's still super easy to /s goats (in this case you would just put /goats) and everyone is happy!

Road
Pro Bowler

http://webpages.charter.net/badfinger/s ... rshow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a compilation stats page of all the games I have in my logs.
That will be my last stats page upload.
Check it out before Charter spectrum kills it.

docc
Head Coach

I did the download..now saving up for the $20..looking at grandson piggy bank.. Hell he's 7 months old and won't know for years :)
docc
Head Coach

SO..mib is the only way in ?

Or did I miss something ?
PapaBearHalas
Rookie

GB had beaten us 8 games in a row in at home til today. So let that be a lesson to the rest of the league...NOBODY beats da bears 9 games in a row!!!
docc
Head Coach

PapaBearHalas wrote:GB had beaten us 8 games in a row in at home til today. So let that be a lesson to the rest of the league...NOBODY beats da bears 9 games in a row!!!
from now on..
Nobody comes to Bears home and goes home with anything but a loss and pain..!
Pagan
MVP

Anyone else ready for game time???
docc
Head Coach

FUCKIN'AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Road
Pro Bowler

I'm going to drop this here in case draco doesn't get the irc.starfyre.org dns resolved before the draft.

198.199.185.169 - echo.starfyre.org
45.32.233.111 - underrun.starfyre.org