John Fox discussion

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

FireBrand wrote:
Boris13c wrote: yeah well, not so much in the good ol' USA ... just look at idiot Mel Kiper, and his release of 16 different of his "special insider" mock drafts just so he can have as many things possible covered so he can say he was right ... and he actually makes a living doing this ... legalized con man who talks as if he has personally watched every player on the NFL draft board since they were in high school
I love when one of Kiper's "best available" stays there for 6-8 hours. He continues to stump for the guy to be taken, rather than just admitting he was wrong.
Like James Brown :)
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
FireBrand wrote: I love when one of Kiper's "best available" stays there for 6-8 hours. He continues to stump for the guy to be taken, rather than just admitting he was wrong.
Like James Brown :)
i was literally just typing that, you fucker. :D
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

KOP_Snake wrote:
G08 wrote:If Denver did not want 4 consecutive playoff berths, then they are retarded and it's our gain. :)
Yep it was all John Fox too. His last 4 seasons, 3 with Peyton Manning, are definitely DEFINITELY more indicative of how things are going to go with our team, and not the 9 seasons prior.

[/wet blanket]
Sometimes you take a stroll down memory lane and...

Aw fuck it, I wanted to be wrong.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

KOP_Snake wrote:
KOP_Snake wrote:
G08 wrote:If Denver did not want 4 consecutive playoff berths, then they are retarded and it's our gain. :)
Yep it was all John Fox too. His last 4 seasons, 3 with Peyton Manning, are definitely DEFINITELY more indicative of how things are going to go with our team, and not the 9 seasons prior.

[/wet blanket]
Sometimes you take a stroll down memory lane and...

Aw fuck it, I wanted to be wrong.
I was not around this forum for the Fox hire, but I was again it at the time. I was hoping for the best when they did hire him. What I was afraid of with him was another decade of Lovie Smith/Jeff Fisher mediocrity. That said I think we are better off with a shit show now, so we are not stuck with him long term.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
docc
Head Coach

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:29 am
docc wrote:So it's done.
I'll get us a towel..

2015..seems just like uh..
ramentaschen
Assistant Coach

Watching this team has become a chore, it is so depressing to see this team flounder from week to week. We are a failure in all phases.

The Bears' struggle is not ALL on Fox obviously, I mean with the horrible kicking, shitty play calling by the refs, the endless penalties, and an epidemic of injured players he can only do so much with what he has left with a bunch of spare Bears scrubs BUT, clearly the man has to go. I just can't stomach watching the rest of the season.

There is probably little point or benefit in cutting him loose now if Pace and Co. doesn't think Loggains or Fangio is willing to step in and lead to better play for the remainder of the season but man, I want to see this coach gone within hours after the last game and some new plans in place for the future.
Nanky
Journeyman

Don't forget to the Bears have had the toughest schedule in the NFL so far this season.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Nanky wrote:Don't forget to the Bears have had the toughest schedule in the NFL so far this season.

gee whoopie skip

if they were playing a Division II schedule the Bears staff would still coach them to 3-8
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:
Nanky wrote:Don't forget to the Bears have had the toughest schedule in the NFL so far this season.

gee whoopie skip

if they were playing a Division II schedule the Bears staff would still coach them to 3-8
Or if they won more their strength of schedule goes down.... Just saying
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

gee whoopie skip

Or if they won more their strength of schedule goes down.... Just saying

it is just so very clear that the game has passed Fox by ... and the current Bears team is a reflection of that
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin