2017 MOTML Rookie/FA Draft

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BBF
Player of the Month

From the ESPN site... the 46ers select: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR Pittsburgh
The Kaiser
Pro Bowler

Thanks for the trade offers gents. In the end, I just see too much value here and so, without a moment's hesitation, I'm happy to announce the newest Usual Suspect: Alvin Kamara.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

thunderspirit wrote:
karhu wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:
karhu wrote:Let's hope he pans out as well as the last KC third-rounder I took because all of my top-tier guys were taken.
You're welcome!
God damn it, you know my sons are 2 and 5, right?
Yes.
All part of the evil that is within me.

Later on, you'll get inundated with whatever the future incarnations of iCarly, Drake and Josh, VICTORiOUS, and The Suite Life are. But for now, cartoons.
That song is impossible to get out of your head. We have an 8 month old so all the cartoons I blocked out of my mind are close to making a return.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
BBF
Player of the Month

via email... The Kentucky Rednecks select: Jamaal Williams, RB Green Bay
BBF
Player of the Month

The Shufflin' Crew selects: Zay Jones, WR Buffalo
karhu
Head Coach

Great, great move, BBF. For what it's worth, my wife thought I should've taken Jones at 1.10. If this blows up in my face, I'll hand the team over to her.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

karhu wrote:Great, great move, BBF. For what it's worth, my wife thought I should've taken Jones at 1.10. If this blows up in my face, I'll hand the team over to her.
Yep. He was next on my list.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
BBF
Player of the Month

thunderspirit wrote:
karhu wrote:Great, great move, BBF. For what it's worth, my wife thought I should've taken Jones at 1.10. If this blows up in my face, I'll hand the team over to her.
Good thing I traded up for him then. I really thought about hoping he'd make it to my pick but I guess #16 was his floor.

Is your wife better at Fantasy Football than you karhu? If so I'll be more confident in my pick. :-P
karhu
Head Coach

BBF wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:
Good thing I traded up for him then. I really thought about hoping he'd make it to my pick but I guess #16 was his floor.

Is your wife better at Fantasy Football than you karhu? If so I'll be more confident in my pick. :-P
Heck, if I'd've had anything to say about it, #14 would've been his floor; he was my target when I tried to trade for your pick the first time you had it.

That said, my wife just wrote to say that I ought to pick Roberto Aguayo in the second, since you can never have too many kickers. If that shakes your confidence in her FF chops, I'll take Jones off yr hands.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Ok Urlachers, make your picks. The suspense is killing me smalls! Lol
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

BBF wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:

I think Karhu should change his name too the Lady McAllisters.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
PSUmtj112
Practice Squad

I am going ALL IN on Homer Island.

Urlacher selects Adam Shaheen TE Chicago.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Ouch!

Gotta say, kudos to you sir... you picked both way too early, but think they will pay off..... and piss the rest of us off in the process. Lol
BBF
Player of the Month

via Proxy... The Great Sept Embers select: Sammy Perine, RB Washington
karhu
Head Coach

Weird. Last year I made one of my rambling posts about a guy I knew when I was a kid, whose dad was named Braxton. So, heh heh, I chose Braxton Miller in the third.

This year, I get to celebrate the man himself, master of the Flying V (or at least owner of one), frontman for both Identity Crisis and Voice of Binky. And, since this is the second round, not just by his first name.

The VMBKs select WR (and New Wave/Post-Punk singer/songwriter responsible for such hits as "Pretty Feet"?) John Ross, Cincinnati

karhu
Head Coach

Thinkhealthythoughtsthinkhealthythoughtsthinkhealthythoughtsthinkhealthythoughtsthinkhealthythoughts
thinkhealthythoughtsthinkhealthythoughtsthinkhealthythoughtsthinkhealthythoughts....

karhu
Head Coach

Just so everyone knows: the League Manager login on the ESPN site has been out of commission all day long, with reassurances that it'll be up again soon. In the meantime, I'm unable to add players as they're drafted, but I'll do so as soon as I'm able.

BBF
Player of the Month

Stopping Ross' slide there. I chose Boyd over Thomas last year, so it'll probably end up that I made the wrong WR choice again this year.

Ive done my best to alert everyone of their picks in round 1 but I won't do that much after round 1 since the value difference between players is not as steep.
PSUmtj112
Practice Squad

I couldn't figure out who all of you guys wanted so bad.

So you think Ross is the real deal?
BBF
Player of the Month

Not necessarily given I took another lower ranked WR before him, just figured he was a good value at 17, especially since it's not like I'm great at evaluating talent.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

#18 D'Onta Foreman
#19 Kenny Golladay

AC 46Blitz
karhu
Head Coach

PSUmtj112 wrote:I couldn't figure out who all of you guys wanted so bad.

So you think Ross is the real deal?
I wouldn't go that far. There's a lot to like, but he's had more major surgeries than NFL practices, and he has a ton of competition in Cincy. The second round just seems like a good time to blue-sky those things.

Mostly, kinda like BBF said, I figured my risk of embarrassment and failure was less if I picked higher.

46Blitz
Assistant Coach

I thought about Ross, Even at 14.... then traded it.

Been wanting to move up so I could make sure I got Perine, then he fell to me and could have selected him. Instead the trade...

BUT, Imwas able to lock up my two "gut" guys I wanted. We shall see if my gut is smarter than my brain.
Bigwill
Practice Squad

Ross is a high risk, high reward player. But you're unlikely to find much of a higher ceiling in the second round of a 16 team draft. He could be Antonio Brown. Or he could be Corderell Patterson.
Bigwill
Practice Squad

46Blitz wrote:I thought about Ross, Even at 14.... then traded it.

Been wanting to move up so I could make sure I got Perine, then he fell to me and could have selected him. Instead the trade...

BUT, Imwas able to lock up my two "gut" guys I wanted. We shall see if my gut is smarter than my brain.
Nothing wrong with getting 'your' guy. Especially in a dynasty league. If you're right, you'll be reaping rewards for a decade.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Crusaders take Pat Mahomes, QB, KC
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Bigwill wrote:
46Blitz wrote:I thought about Ross, Even at 14.... then traded it.

Nothing wrong with getting 'your' guy. Especially in a dynasty league. If you're right, you'll be reaping rewards for a decade.
Well I coulda gotten "my guy" but someone took Trubisky way before I expected... lol
BBF
Player of the Month

The Shufflin' Crew selects: David Njoku, TE Cleveland

via Proxy... We Won't Get Out Foxed selects: Evan Engram, TE New York N
BBF
Player of the Month

via proxy... The Great Sept Embers select Carlos Henderson, WR Denver
BBF
Player of the Month

via proxy... Rush Tom Sawyer selects: Marlon Mack, RB Indianapolis