NFL Playoffs - Championship Round

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Championship Round

AFC - Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots

I think this is probably the best possible matchup as the Steelers are the team with the best chance to beat the Patriots IMO. I think the Steelers running the ball effectively and limiting Brady's chances will be a big key. And they have to find a way into the endzone, not have a field goal fiesta as they did against the Chiefs.

my pick = Steelers

NFC - Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons

Both defenses have shown themselves to be vulnerable to the passing game. Both offenses can rack up points like a pinball machine. Playing indoors in a dome, this could possibly become the highest scoring NFC Championship game in history. Rodgers will have his usual day, but I think this is the game Matt Ryan makes a statement that he is a QB to be reckoned with as well.

my pick = Falcons
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

I'm rooting for a Steelers/Falcons super bowl...with the Falcons winning.

But if I have to admit it to myself, I kinda want the Pats to win it all...because I think that leads to a Brady retirement.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

wab wrote:I'm rooting for a Steelers/Falcons super bowl...with the Falcons winning.

But if I have to admit it to myself, I kinda want the Pats to win it all...because I think that leads to a Brady retirement.
I could see that too if Pats win. Think that would give him most sb wins out of any other qb
wab
Mod

bearsfaninaz wrote:
wab wrote:I'm rooting for a Steelers/Falcons super bowl...with the Falcons winning.

I could see that too if Pats win. Think that would give him most sb wins out of any other qb
The only think I think that would keep him in the NFL might be him wanting to hit the 20 year mark. Only two other players in NFL history have played 20 years with the same team...Too Tall and Darrell Green.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

How important is quarterback play? Only 5 have started a Super Bowl for the AFC representative this century.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
wab
Mod

RING4CHI wrote:How important is quarterback play? Only 5 have started a Super Bowl for the AFC representative this century.
Jesus. Tom Brady has started (potentially) 6 Super Bowls in 15 years. It's ridiculous when you see it in black and white.
G08
Hall of Famer

I think it's going to be Patriots/Packers, with the Patriots winning it all.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:I think it's going to be Patriots/Packers, with the Patriots winning it all.
I'd much much rather see Brady hoist another trophy than Rodgers.

Plus the pain and suffering that goes with a super bowl loss is perfect for packers fans.
UOK
Site Admin

I wish only terrible things and heartache for Rodgers and the Packers.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:I wish only terrible things and heartache for Rodgers and the Packers.

Falcons in their dome can put up a lot of points on the Packers, but only if they keep Ryan upright most of the day ... and that is what I am counting on/hoping to happen
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:
UOK wrote:I wish only terrible things and heartache for Rodgers and the Packers.

Falcons in their dome can put up a lot of points on the Packers, but only if they keep Ryan upright most of the day ... and that is what I am counting on/hoping to happen
Rodgers is playing some tremendous fucking football right now. I mean Jesus, that dime he threw on 3rd and 20 to help close out the game against the Cowboys??
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I am almost at a point where I really do not give a flying f*ck. I don't want to see the green and gold bastards and I really don't want to see the Pats either. But, I have a strong feeling that is where it is going. I don't know if I could stomach that matchup. If that is what happens I want to see Brady just humiliate the Pack.

I would love a Pitt v ATL. I am sure the network doesn't though.

Too damn depressing when your team is nowhere close to sniffing playoffs.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Packers crapping the bed today so far
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

great game!
docc
Head Coach

Loved the game..just wanted more Defense from Atlanta and maybe another 200 or so points on Offense..

Otherwise OK..
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

It seemed ATL went a little prevent with the lead. I wanted them to stomp the Pack. Rodgers took some good shots, shots that would have crippled a Bears QB.

Now the Pats are doing what they do, making opponents look weak. Pats are just a freaking machine. I see them taking down the Falcons.
Ormazd
MVP

Otis Day wrote:It seemed ATL went a little prevent with the lead. I wanted them to stomp the Pack. Rodgers took some good shots, shots that would have crippled a Bears QB.

Now the Pats are doing what they do, making opponents look weak. Pats are just a freaking machine. I see them taking down the Falcons.
It should be a very entertaining game. Just so freakin' happy I won't have to hear the media fellation of Aaron Rodgers the next two weeks, I don't care who wins it.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

perhaps it is high time to remove all doubt and simply declare Tom Brady as the GOAT?

look at how he runs the Patriots offense ... if you are a receiver in that offense who can manage to run a pass pattern of any kind without falling down, Brady will find you for a key first down or touchdown ... doesn't matter who it is they put on the field, Brady finds a way to make it work

has he ever had a true go to guy like Aikman to Irvin? I don't recall one ... he had Moss for 3 years at the end of his career, and I think Randi was probably the closest thing to it ... Gronkowski is a favorite but hasn't played a full season in 5 years

in the AFC Championship game, Brady makes a receiving hero out of a guy who was a spare rarely used part by Buffalo and who never played in more than 6 games ... a player claimed off someone else's reject list, brought in to fill a role of some kind for Brady ... just another anonymous useful part turned into a highlight reel

it is amazing to watch as the Patriots just find guys, use them for a season or 3, then dispose of them and find replacements ... and the one constant that makes this all work is Brady

gotta tip my hat to him
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

Rodgers is playing some tremendous fucking football right now. I mean Jesus, that dime he threw on 3rd and 20 to help close out the game against the Cowboys??

you were saying? :lol:
George Carlin
LacertineForest
MVP

I needed yesterday to happen. I couldn't even bother to watch the damn game, because I was sure it was going to be some dumbass 1:00 or less left to play situation where Rodgers marched them down for another win. I really can't believe they were down 31-0 at one point.

Anyway, I'm pretty intrigued by the SB matchup. I've never hated the Pats like many, so it wouldn't bother me seeing them win another, especially because of the awkwardness it would create for Goodell.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I really have no contempt for the Pats either. I am jealous as hell for sure. I don't mind Brady and feel he has this game in the bag. This will cement his GOATness. Call them cheaters or whatever else, but they get the job done with the likes of Chris Hogan, Deion Lewis and the like.

I will be rooting for the Falcons but do not really care. My Super Bowl was yesterday and the Pack lost :jump:
wab
Mod

I'm rooting for the Falcons, simply because it would be nice to see a new team win it. But I harbor no ill will towards Brady or the Pats.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I'm guessing Goodell is secretly rooting for the Falcons so he doesn't have to present the trophy to Belichick and Brady
George Carlin
Road
Pro Bowler

I’m all in for a falcon win. The NFL needs some new champions! I’m totally disgusted with Belichick and Brady. Those guys will cheat anyway possible. They’ve been caught a few times and how many times have they gotten away without detection?

I swear the Pats & Packers pay into a secret NFL ref fund that other teams don’t know exists. It’s always said “the refs could call holding” on any play but it never seems to happen to either team. Yeah, I know it’s my own particular conspiracy theory. I’ve probably burned too many brain cells watching football in my lifetime to know what I’m talking about. :frustrated: